FCS fins for my fish, Which ones!!??

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

alvaro19

FCS fins for my fish, Which ones!!??

Post by alvaro19 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi, I recently bought my new surfboard, its a fish (tri-fish, velocity surf project) its dimensions are 5,10 x 20 (1/4) x 2 (5/8), I wanted some help on which fcs fins to buy for it. I´ve read that fins are related to weight, so basically for more info my weight is about 90kg. If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciated!

Thanks!

PD: I would like some fins which give me good manoeuvrability.

Beerfan

Re: FCS fins for my fish, Which ones!!??

Post by Beerfan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 am

90kg? grab some Occy fins if you can find them. Im 80+ and i like them a lot.

alvaro19

Post by alvaro19 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Beerfan wrote:90kg? grab some Occy fins if you can find them. Im 80+ and i like them a lot.
ok, But which ones????

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Hard to say mate. It depends on how wide the tail is and what sort of feel you want in the board.

Try to test out a few different ones first if you can. That'll give you an idea of what fin size and type you might want.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

alvaro19

Post by alvaro19 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Hard to say mate. It depends on how wide the tail is and what sort of feel you want in the board.

Try to test out a few different ones first if you can. That'll give you an idea of what fin size and type you might want.

Thanks actually true but, what I want is to be able to do nice sharp turns, the tail of the board is not really that big, I leave an image so you can approximate its size.