vintage boards wanted

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

surfalog

vintage boards wanted

Post by surfalog » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Can anyone help me out please? I need to buy a board from the 60's and 70's for an old mal comp and a retro division. must be straight, no twist, and in above average condition. Thanks.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: vintage boards wanted

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Not trying to be smart here but I thought old mal comps used boards from about pre 1966. Have they changed the rules?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:01 pm

you are correct Trevor, pre 66 as far as I know....they're getting harder to find and expect to pay 4 one....

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Where are you based,i saw one in a manly board store last week. But it looked as old as it was .......

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:57 am

my oldman has a wallace shaped around mid 60s. it used to have his beach rego sticker on it from then to, but its long peeled off. he actually had it customed, and was one of the first chopped down mals, off hand im not sure of exact lenght, but around the 6'10 mark. i rode it a few times as a kid, and we used it as a set of stumps for cricket occasionlly :shock: :lol: . prob with it, and dad confirmed it, was very little rocker. he was trying to use it more like a short board. i keep meaning to get it from him when im up home on the north coast, but never have the room to do so. ive seen old wallace boards restored at jacksons at cronulla, look amamzing.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 pm

If it's for a comp , be carefull what you buy !......a good one can be pure magik , but some are absolute dogs :|.....trysoulsurf.com.au or vonweirdo's , they will have what you want...