alternative or crazy

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: alternative or crazy

Post by pridmore » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:45 pm

shaped a 9'0" bit similar yesterday actually, heaps of rocker, lots of bottom contours, rolled entry into subtle single into double that gets deep then into a vee out the tail, quite alot of vee too...pulled in the tail to a small rounded square, ultra lite blank, glassed too light, throwing some new carbon on it...its heading to the Aussie titles on Friday, then Sri Lanka soon after that....
I have been playing with some different rails and rail edges in the tail and I put them on this one too, looking for maximum release and response.... 8) been doing a few hi-perf longboards of late and enjoying it...might even do myself one soon..... :shock: 8)

huie
Local

Post by huie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 pm

alakaboo wrote:yeah, you got the pick of them. Props on the choice of your missus. Meant both ways you can read it 8)

Have to say, thought the bodyboard inspired one looked like an absolute dog of a thing.

What's the Tolhurst 8'er like?
I'll be looking for a bigger board in summer, but don't like many of the sub-9' boards going around.
imagine having one that rides like f d h f and looks like it as well :lol:
cheers huie

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm

yeah, I hear ya Huie 8)

Shape sounds interesting Mark.
What sort of rails? Or still hush hush?

The link was interesting Chillin. Closest to what I'm after that I've seen in a stock board.
I'm not much heavier and don't noseride, least not on anything under 9'6", so it sounds good.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 pm

more square edges for release, really tryin to get more perf in such long boards...will get some pics when my glasser is finished mate...no hush hush here..... 8)