need advice on what board to buy and where to buy it.

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

alvaro19

need advice on what board to buy and where to buy it.

Post by alvaro19 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi, first of all I would like to say this is my first post in this forum. I would like to introduce myself first. My name is Alvaro I´m originally from Spain, I lived in Panama for 13 years and now I´m living in Sydney. Since I´m going to be here for a semester I was thinking on buying a board. I´ve already had a couple of shortboards before and I was thinking on buying a fish, the problem I have is that I don´t really know that much about fish boards, the only thing I do know is that they run a little bit shorter than your normal shortboard. My last shorboard was 6,2. I was told that before buying a fish board I had to take into account my size and weight, so I figured I´d ask for help here in this forum. I´m 6,2 and 203lbs, I would apreciate if someone could help me with what size fish board to buy and where would be the best place to do so.

Thanks, and I hope I can be riding the waves here pretty soon.

PD: I would prefer used boards as I´m only going to be here for 1 semester but all help is welcomed.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: need advice on what board to buy and where to buy it.

Post by alakaboo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Topher
regular

Re: need advice on what board to buy and where to buy it.

Post by Topher » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Indeed. :D