Hubb is world champ??

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Do u think hubb is the best in the world??

Poll ended at Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:11 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 12

Deckdoga

Hubb is world champ??

Post by Deckdoga » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:11 pm

I personnaly dont think hubb is actually all that good of a bodyboarder, especially seing as he has bad style + Board and fins. I also think that dallas singer should have made it htrough his round as his wave at the end was undersocerd, he got 6.33 for and in out, in out, invert, reverse, reverse and then finnaly a roll.

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:58 pm

I dont think it really matters about Hubbs fins or board but yeh i was pretty shy that singer didnt make it he rips up the breaks around newcastle and did extremly well at pipe this year and he was definatly underscored. but yeh i dont like hubb

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:28 pm

underated

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Hubb is world champ??

Post by Kunji » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 am

Deckdoga wrote:I personnaly dont think hubb is actually all that good of a bodyboarder, especially seing as he has bad style + Board and fins.
Is this a joke man?

So if YOU dont like a mans style (probably because he is not a hardy clone), or fins (not Churchills) or board then he "isnt actually that good"?

Thats just pathetic. Hubb has his own style and goes the biggest out of anyone on the planet.

Good on him, he was the best competitor all year and deserved the win!!! :)

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:12 am

Funny how Hardy and Mitchy still haven't one a world crown, maybe they don't let you win if you wear Churchills nowadays?

Deckdoga

Post by Deckdoga » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Coops@DY wrote:
Deckdoga wrote:I personnaly dont think hubb is actually all that good of a bodyboarder, especially seing as he has bad style + Board and fins.
Is this a joke man?

So if YOU dont like a mans style (probably because he is not a hardy clone), or fins (not Churchills) or board then he "isnt actually that good"?

Thats just pathetic. Hubb has his own style and goes the biggest out of anyone on the planet.

yeah rite, the biggest on the planet, the guy hasnt ever gone anywere but pipe in pretty much his life, his inverts are all he can do, they are chatt. You must be under 12 years of age or a serious kook to think he has good style, so beat it mate

sizzla
Grommet

Post by sizzla » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Deckdoga wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
Is this a joke man?

yeah rite, the biggest on the planet, the guy hasnt ever gone anywere but pipe in pretty much his life, his inverts are all he can do, they are chatt. You must be under 12 years of age or a serious kook to think he has good style, so beat it mate
what the hell? are your serious? you disputing that hubb goes big? Jesus, you must have some pretty lofty expectation if thats the case!!!

As for style, what a joke! just because he doesn't have the same style as virtually every other aussie that makes it bad? NO! i'd rather watch someone different than a fricken clone

NewyBen
Grommet

Post by NewyBen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:11 pm

Given that part of your reason for thinking that Hubb is no good is his board and fins I think it's safe to declare your opinion completely worthless.

Deckdoga

Post by Deckdoga » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:14 pm

No buddy im not disputing he ghoes bg, just saying that he is far from going the biggest in the world and going big anywere but pipe and backdoor. If you look at people like brendon newton for example they g ohuge everyday of the week at different spots they have never ridden before which takes much more guts than it does to do what hubb does and ride the same waves the same way everyday.

Deckdoga

Post by Deckdoga » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Given that part of your reason for thinking that Hubb is no good is his board and fins I think it's safe to declare your opinion completely worthless.[/quote]

Lol nah mate i mean that his gear makes him look like a bit of a kook, set up with a cresent tailed board and stealth or chrurchils he could be a half decent rider, its his style that really kills it though so respectively his gear isnt as important although the graphic really kills it

Deckdoga

Post by Deckdoga » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 pm

stoive wrote:Funny how Hardy and Mitchy still haven't one a world crown, maybe they don't let you win if you wear Churchills nowadays?
spot on buddy, same with dallas

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:27 pm

Deckdoga wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
Is this a joke man?

Name calling ay? :lol:

You need to research the world of bodyboarding more mate because your making a fool of yourself. Your comments are irrational and invalid. Good luck...

Deckdoga

Post by Deckdoga » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Coops@DY wrote:
Deckdoga wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
Is this a joke man?

You need to research the world of bodyboarding more mate because your making a fool of yourself. Your comments are irrational and invalid. Good luck...
fuck off buddy u now hubb is not the best in the world so just give up, i know a lot more than u do mate

GCLuke
regular

Post by GCLuke » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:56 pm

Deckdoga wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
Deckdoga wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
Is this a joke man?

**** off buddy u now hubb is not the best in the world so just give up, i know a lot more than u do mate

This fool comes onto our forum and gives us shit? Oh my. :roll:

Hubb doesn't go big? Hubb hits the biggest sections anywhere, plus have you ever heard of a 720 air reverse? Hubb was one of the first bodyboarders on the planet to do one, and your calling him a kook. SHAME ON YOU.

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 pm

i think my opinions on cosmetics vs style have been well covered elsewhere and wont comment further other than to say i think degadog has internalised the values indicted by the bbing media rather well. Kinda interesting that the top two guys were hubb and tamega, both guys derided by brainwashed "style" conscious Australian groms.

On Dals wave, the judges were rewarding big barrels with a clean exit much higher than any other waves, like his two 8 pointers in the quaters, and scoring anything else lower. Even thought im a mate of his I thought that it maybe deserved the score he need to advance, but not much more, and based on the scored id seen the 6.87 he got was consistant. still spewin for him but.

and hubbs a deserving world champ.

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Given that part of your reason for thinking that Hubb is no good is his board and fins I think it's safe to declare your opinion completely worthless.
Lol nah mate i mean that his gear makes him look like a bit of a kook, set up with a cresent tailed board and stealth or chrurchils he could be a half decent rider, its his style that really kills it though so respectively his gear isnt as important although the graphic really kills it
U are a complete idiot, You think he would be a better rider with churchills or Stealth Fins? None of that shit matters to someone like Hubb he rides what he feels most comfortable in. And his graphic on his board is different to everyone else along with his style.
Say no more you stupid kid you have no idea at all.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:47 pm

yeah wrong on many accounts, i have seen hubb surf not only fukn big, but in some serious waves, pipe and backdoor, pfft,
and the whole "i know more than you" comment seems to be extremely hipocritical
and brendo is an extreme case, its hardly fair to rate anyone against him in terms of travel, cept foster, and murray charlton

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:12 pm

gawd, really, some of you seriously piss me off with your utter stupidity

and geez a heap of you guys rip on the standups about being scene, take a good look at yourselves....