Sore Feet

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

whitey
regular

Sore Feet

Post by whitey » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:58 pm

Hey, I got a new body board for Xmas and since I don’t often ride them I get really sore feet in the fins, Does anyone here no how to stop those? .Whitey. :?

JakethaGreat

Sore Feet Reply

Post by JakethaGreat » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:47 pm

Your problem is you chosen the wrong fin and it is probably too big or too small anyway.
Your soluton is to go out and by a pair of finsocks, the type made out of wetsuit material that are about 2-3 mm thick it should help.
Also practice kicking with your whole leg so as not to isolate your feet during your kicking movement.
Jake :) [/quote]

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:49 pm

need i state the obvious? don't wear fins... 'but then it's too hard to get around', I hear you say? well, ditch that lid and get some other wave-riding craft so you can 'stand up and be counted' :P

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:50 pm

doh! only too late i realised im in the bodyboarding only forum...

my apologies

yes, go the fin socks

p.s. its never to late to try standing up

Longboarder
regular

Good save

Post by Longboarder » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:43 pm

Nice 1 streetdaddy!

Haha yeah i never used to be able to find the right pair of fins and then i realised it was that my feet were unusually wide...

whitey
regular

Street daddy

Post by whitey » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:47 pm

Yeah street Daddy I usually stand up, I bought this for shories and when its really heavy (I need to stop snapping boards and bones). Whitey.

whitey
regular

Street daddy

Post by whitey » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:48 pm

Yeah street Daddy I usually stand up, I bought this for shories and when its really heavy (I need to stop snapping boards and bones). Whitey.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:00 pm

well, i'll come out of the closet too then! I used to love riding a lid in 2 foot shories as well, but never needed flippers coz I was standing in knee deep water on the open beaches of surfers paradise and main beach...

descendant
Grommet

Post by descendant » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:36 am

Dude, your problem is what most lidders have. everyone gets sore feet at some stage, stretching up helps and drinking powerade helps too (stops cramping). anyway, try fin socks or go and get a softer fin, you probably got hard ones. spend the dough and you wont regret it, buy a good pair ie- churchills, redleys etc etc. :twisted:

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:31 pm

"I got a new body board for Xmas.."

"I usually stand up, I bought this for shories..."

Gotcha! :P

Nah good on ya, thats where bodyboards are meant to be ridden, when it's heavy, heaving, ledgy, wedgy, doublesucking, stepping aaahhhhhhh....Stand up and be counted, but lie down and get barrelled !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a fin discussion going on somewhere in the forum too

Now when is the

vidman

Post by vidman » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:52 pm

took a lid out today, stood up on it, no fins though - 6inch shorey wedge, you can even pull floaters on em. need some swell!!!

Hecko
regular

Post by Hecko » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:57 am

I've justed ordered some fin kuffs from BSC, they should arrive early next week I think. Has anyone every used them? I am kinda hoping that they'll work as well as fin socks without the disadvantage of another thing to carry around (being the stylish fella that I am!)

descendant
Grommet

Post by descendant » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:16 pm

I have Kuffs on my fins and they are heaps good. But they are only effective if you were getting rubbing on your heel, not your tootsies. If that wasnt obvious enough, im just presuming that everyone is retarded as me. :twisted:

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:06 pm

yep thats wat bodyboards r 4-charging harder n deeper than ne1 else. now i normally stand up but il give the booger a go every now n then...who ever said 4 foot closeouts arent fun obviously hasnt tried it on a bodyboard. dontchya always get sick of stand-ups always abusing the bodyboarders? (yes-iv done it too :cry: ) but i reckon bodyboarders are just as entitled to surfing whenever and where-ever they please (although some 'surfers' seem to devote their lives telling bodyboarders to fuk off-they should be worrying about their own surfing rather than someone elses). bodyboarders charge harder than 99% of all standups and theyr all absolutely insane to watch-some of the take-offs you guys make are just ridiculous! yer just thought id praise rather than abuse bodyboarders for once. seeya

Shark Biscuiter and proud

Post by Shark Biscuiter and proud » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:00 pm

i agree many stand ups need to watch what they are doing ratehr than abusing others.

Shark Biscuiter and proud

Post by Shark Biscuiter and proud » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:07 pm

try taping your feat with electrical tape over your wounds does the trick for me

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:41 am

I've tried tea-tree oil when out of the water and it disinfects as well as draws moisture out of ulcers (uurgh), if your feet are just sore then yeah it's probably your fins not fitting properly. They take time to heal but that usually coincides with swell- tho my feet are okay cos there's been bugger all waves to get excited about the last cuppla weeks...few weeks...month....have taken up spearfishing :P

Luke
Local

Post by Luke » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:31 pm

i used to get alot of cut's along my feet with my fin's, Hydro Tech's that was a long time ago i've almost had these for 2 year's and now they are fine, a good trick for me and what i see from alot of other bodyboarder's is they put they're fin's on before they get into the water, thus when they walk on the sand they get sand on they're feet, so try washing your fin's in the inside geting them wet and also your fit put them on in the water and presto they should fit snug :)