Can body boarders ride between the Flags?

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

rjeeves

Can body boarders ride between the Flags?

Post by rjeeves » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:18 pm

hi

I've been gettin' conflicting advice from mates as to weather body boarders can ride between the flags in Sydney. I'm not talkin about carvin' it up between the bathers but further out in the lineup but still between the flags? Any advice if welcome as at the moment I don't ride between the flags but bob about with 50 surfers ;-)

Cheers 8)

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:26 pm

yeah you can mate, just dont be one of those kooks going sideways in the whitewash with no flippers on running into people.

Luke
Local

Post by Luke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:24 pm

Yeah man, you can ! it's all sweet you can also surf stand-up surfboard's aswell, as long as they are Foam! :)

Mate, carve it up! that's stopping you having fun, plus it's always fun scaring the shit's out of some kid and the dad come's down in his vb short's with his hairy fat gut with a vb in his hand, waddling his arse toward's you, yelling and cursing

ahhhh memory's at Q'cliff :lol:

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:08 pm

yer ya can...whch is good coz often - right in d middle of d flags at newport theres a sic, heavy closeout n we paddle out there on boogers n just pull in n get hammered

Rothers
Local

Post by Rothers » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:12 pm

It's funny how there is often a great break right in the middle of the flags?!?!

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:17 pm

Rothers wrote:It's funny how there is often a great break right in the middle of the flags?!?!
yeah and theres about 5 kids paddding around in the shore and they still dont let standups go out

Rothers
Local

Post by Rothers » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:20 pm

maddog wrote:
Rothers wrote:It's funny how there is often a great break right in the middle of the flags?!?!
yeah and theres about 5 kids paddding around in the shore and they still dont let standups go out
A mate and I were once whistled out of the flags at the Roy when there was no one else in the water

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:26 pm

at bungan they dont care if ya surf in the flags usually coz its normally a long waty out n not many ppl there ta swim!
It's funny how there is often a great break right in the middle of the flags?!?!
d 1 at newport isnt surfable..ya just charge and pull in - really thick closeouts there some days.....fuuuuuuuun

rjeeves

cool

Post by rjeeves » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:36 am

thanks for everyone's input :lol: Just need some phat waves to hook up with . . . . . .

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:48 pm

The flags rock! You can even see swimmers going over the falls above ya on a good day. Then you might line up a good section and there's Cousin Jeb from Walgett struggling with a tractor tire right where you are set to land...

Back in my hotshot days we had points for hitting people on the way in. Sorry :?

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:37 pm

Rothers wrote:
maddog wrote:
A mate and I were once whistled out of the flags at the Roy when there was no one else in the water
once at parmy i saw these surf schoolers get pulled into the flags by the rip.. and the sets come and they all lose their boards which smack into about 20 people... but its a different story when no ones in there

FuzzyPumper

Post by FuzzyPumper » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:10 am

well for what it is worth, i got barrelled in the flags and was having a great time until some kid fell through the roof of the barrel in front of me and wiped me out.

wierd huh, of all the things you are dealing with in the green room, this one never ever crossed my mind