bodyboarders becoming stand-up

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

sykout
Local

Post by sykout » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm

nthnbeachesguy wrote:
Land an air above 5 foot????? Bloody hell u havent seen much have ya. Whatsisname from byron landed something about 15ft. Taj regularly gets higher than 5ft and lands as do heaps of other guys. Go watch an airshow if thats takes ur fancy or even get to bells or snapper when the wct is in town, there plenty of airs there mate.

If ur talking about average joe's, the most i normally see boogers doing is a barrel roll whereas most of the grommets are doing chops hops and trying the bigger airs.

U boogers are welcome to continue boogering just dont crap on about stuff u obviously know nuthin about.
I often see bodyboarders doin 3ft+ airs. Groms hardly ever LAND chop hops and i have seen an airshow and they land hardly anything above 3-4ft. And they are pros.

sykout
Local

Post by sykout » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:20 pm

yer but that is exactly my point. Bodyboarding is more about airs and going bigger and bigger. I would also be more impressed by a surfer doing a reverse air. Im just saying bodyboarding is about going big, fucking dam big.

My point was that i prefer that style of wave riding that is based on gettin massive airs and huge kegs. You would rather stand up fair enough.

Lidder
charger

Post by Lidder » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:13 pm

Youve gotta be kiddin me, reverse airs lookin better on a stand up, HELL NO!
Reverse airs on a bodyboard are far more diffucult than stand up ones. First of all bodyboarders have to cross their legs in a near perfect matter and control their airs all the way through it. While surfers force their reverse airs by holding their rail while swingin it around, more bodyboarders are all about flowing with it. and wanto landing a 180 on a bodyboard does not count.

Lidder
charger

Post by Lidder » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:46 pm

Up at D'Bah nearly every surfer out there was doing reverse airs and it all looked the same. Though seeing bodyboarders doing reverse airs is very rare since they are extremely diffucult.

Though i did get pretty stoked when Rob Machaldo landed one of them right in front of me.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:24 pm

i try to stand up but i like bodyboarding better -
Ka ChInG !!!!!

prepare
regular

Post by prepare » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:44 pm

wanto wrote: the fact is, its much harder to land a 360 air on a surfboard then a bboard. any air for that matter. anyone with half a brain can understand that.
you cant compare surfing and bodyboarding airs. I may be wrong but ive never seen a surfer hit the lip at the island, or at pipe or any heavy break over 8ft.

bodyboardings about going big. i dont know wtf u guys r doing fighting about it when surfers start doing reverse 360s on 8ft closeouts at pipe then u can argue. (and if they are i stand corrected i dont follow surfing closely).

-Simon-
Grommet

Post by -Simon- » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:03 am

Wanto you sound like a wannabe pro or a pro ho. There are too many Johnny Utahs on this board

wobbo

Post by wobbo » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:35 pm

potato, potarto, worlds got bigger problems than this shit. horses for courses boys