Merrick MSF

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Chillin
charger

Merrick MSF

Post by Chillin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Anyone got one or ridded one, or even something similar (single fin rounded pintail) i'm thinking of a new toy for summer.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Merrick MSF

Post by pridmore » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey mate, think they look pretty good and I have done several copies but mine start from only $499 sorry for the blatant sales pitch but gotta make MORE money this year...) 8)

smw1
Local

Post by smw1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:00 pm

I have one - great board. I find like most singles though, they tend to like a decent wave to truly appreciate them, preferably something down the line. There's no doubt your average single isn't as versatile as modern shapes and fin-set ups.

Well crafted by the lads down at Onboard and recommended.

SMW1

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:05 pm

I've got the MSF G2 , the more pinnish tail, which has been awesome to ride. I've used it from about 1 fot to about 4-6ft and has been fun. It doesn't like late sucky takeoff's as much though, but get it down the line and the thing bloody flies! Loves getting it on the rail as well. I'll get another when this one karks it, but may go the rounder tail (MSF) next time to see what the difference is. Mine is a 6'2, and I'm about 80kgs (I could go smaller I think...if I only use it in smallish waves)

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:22 pm

pridmore wrote:Hey mate, think they look pretty good and I have done several copies but mine start from only $499 sorry for the blatant sales pitch but gotta make MORE money this year...) 8)
Cheers mate, start from? How much for one with the fancy polished tinted gel coat?
We all need more money and not just this year. Don't get too well known and make a big impact on the surf community, its the kiss of death. All of a sudden people are like "huh, those boards are crap, all mass produced in china, get one from this local bloke who's just starting out" or some such claptrap.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Chillin wrote:
pridmore wrote:Hey mate, think they look pretty good and I have done several copies but mine start from only $499 sorry for the blatant sales pitch but gotta make MORE money this year...) 8)
Cheers mate, start from? How much for one with the fancy polished tinted gel coat?
We all need more money and not just this year. Don't get too well known and make a big impact on the surf community, its the kiss of death. All of a sudden people are like "huh, those boards are crap, all mass produced in china, get one from this local bloke who's just starting out" or some such claptrap.

cheers for that mate, igts a hard one coz I wanna grow bigger but I have been told similar info from others too....Please PM o discuss costings anf other stuff, prob shouldnt abuse the forums too much... :mrgreen: