anyone want a sponsor ?

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

anyone want a sponsor ?

Post by pridmore » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:26 pm

I am interested in sponsoring a few surfers with cost price surfboards in the Sunshine, gold coast and north coast nsw areas. Just have to surf well , be a good bloke and be able to refer people to me for board orders. If you know someone please contact me.... Cheers competition results and competing would be good but not essential....

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:26 pm

interesting post.....and no takers :shock: :?

hey sponsor me.... :lol:

if your really keen i could try and find some "real" local kids

it's great see someone finally got the clue....sponsor locals...sell too locals :!: :idea: ...different story with retail....but surfboards...i doubt the proven successful formula eva change 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:35 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:interesting post.....and no takers :shock: :?

it's great see someone finally got the clue....sponsor locals...sell too locals :!: :idea: ...different story with retail....but surfboards...i doubt the proven successful formula eva change 8)
harder than you would think to find good surfers who want a good price board in return for some prom and help sell a few to friends for me, oh well their loss. I would have killed for the opportunity when i was a surf mad grommett...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:36 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:interesting post.....and no takers :shock: :?

harder than you would think to find good surfers who want a good price board in return for some prom and help sell a few to friends for me, oh well their loss. I would have killed for the opportunity when i was a surf mad grommett...

ether
regular

Post by ether » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:29 am

pridmore wrote:
harder than you would think to find good surfers who want a good price board in return for some prom and help sell a few to friends for me
I dunno, how hard do you think we think it is?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:10 am

ether wrote:
pridmore wrote:
harder than you would think to find good surfers who want a good price board in return for some prom and help sell a few to friends for me
I dunno, how hard do you think we think it is?
is that the most constructive comment you can make? you mite be on the wrong site mate.

ether
regular

Post by ether » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:18 am

Well ok, here's something a little more constructive.

The mention of selling anything to friends leaves most of us a little cold, and there's good reason for that.

Think of Amway as an extreme example. Ever had a mate completely violate the trust of your friendship by trying to sucker you into their little selling pyramid?

Not in any way suggesting that you’re in that camp, but the point is that if you mention selling to friends, it’s probably going to scare people off. I’d suggest you set out your expectations pretty clearly if that's going to be part of the arrangement.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:30 am

ether wrote:The mention of selling anything to friends leaves most of us a little cold, and there's good reason for that.
Ether, maybe he meant like sphere of influence as opposed to sell?

Shapers will get someone they think is pretty good on their boards at a local break, at the right price, in the hope it will attract new customers.

pridmore
Owl status

sponsor

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:40 am

ric_vidal wrote:
ether wrote:The mention of selling anything to friends leaves most of us a little cold, and there's good reason for that.
who said selling ? What are you talking about amway for? I just wanna give some good surfer a cheaper board and in return get a bit of promo for my boards. You really interperite things differently.

Shapers will get someone they think is pretty good on their boards at a local break, at the right price, in the hope it will attract new customers.
thank you, exactly right. Good surfers using any product has influence on others especially those who aspire to be like them... also its fair reward to a good surfer for his talents and all the hours put in becoming a surfer of that level. i think someone has been sniffing toooo much ether..

pridmore
Owl status

Re: sponsor

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:45 am

pridmore wrote:
ric_vidal wrote:
who said selling ? What are you talking about amway for? I just wanna give some good surfer a cheaper board and in return get a bit of promo for my boards. You really interperite things differently.

thank you, exactly right. Good surfers using any product has influence on others especially those who aspire to be like them... also its fair reward to a good surfer for his talents and all the hours put in becoming a surfer of that level. i think someone has been sniffing toooo much ether..
I dont expect them to pressure sell boards to their mates, more like recomend them b ecause they are riding them and enjoying them, anyway this is way too hard explaining stuff , I just got outta the waves and feel refreshed and satisfied so whatever...

ether
regular

Post by ether » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 am

pridmore wrote:help sell a few to friends for me
You said selling to friends, right there.

I'm sure your offer is ok, you just need to clarify your expectations when you're treading on sensitive ground.

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:33 pm

ether wrote:

I'm sure your offer is ok, you just need to clarify your expectations when you're treading on sensitive ground.
no.. your saying "selling to friends".. your interpreting what he is saying incorrectly.

"help sell" and "selling" are two different verbs.
help sell = influence and opinion.
selling = action of selling.

either way
im going to be a shit english teacher :lol:

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 pm

farken hell he just wants to sponsor some local rippers and get a bit of exposure!

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:11 pm

yeah mate, if it ain't for you stfu.

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 pm

Good on ya pridmore!

I see this as a 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours', you are supporting the industry in the hope of the industry supporting you.

Good things can only happen from something like this- esp if your borads are good. Also imagine if you helped a young gun go onto big things?

I think your motives are good on this one.

silvynn
Grommet

Post by silvynn » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Sheesh, give the guy a break! In a world of mass produced pop-outs, someone trying to promote their own product (insert caveat - I hope you don't source your boards from the 3rd world mate) in his local area deserves at least some credit for giving it a go.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:44 pm

willie wrote:
ether wrote:

no.. your saying "selling to friends".. your interpreting what he is saying incorrectly.

"help sell" and "selling" are two different verbs.
help sell = influence and opinion.
selling = action of selling.

by riding them and being an influence is what i meant, not to try to pressure friends into purchasing one, but if you wanna take it that literally than i guess yes it is selling. Selling things is how i make a living and feed my family and if you think thats a bit cold , too bad. I dont wanna argument about petty shit, just wanna get a good surfer on my boards to help with sales and give him cheapies... this is bullshit, yeah i am over talking about this shit ...

either way
im going to be a shit english teacher :lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:47 pm

crooked wrote:Good on ya pridmore!

I see this as a 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours', you are supporting the industry in the hope of the industry supporting you.

Good things can only happen from something like this- esp if your borads are good. Also imagine if you helped a young gun go onto big things?

I think your motives are good on this one.
cheers, thanks. thats exactly what i was trying to do...all sorts out there