Camera Help

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

moneyman
barnacle

Camera Help

Post by moneyman » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:52 pm

Me and some friends are thinking of buying a camera and an underwater casing to take out in the surf to take photos of each other surfing.

anybody know any good cameras around $500-750? we want something around 4+ megapixels.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,

moneyman
Ka ChInG !!!!!

lrsa_04
Local

Post by lrsa_04 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:04 pm

you have been pulling yourself off to much if you expect to get a good camera plus a housing for 500-700 u would need to spend at least $1000.
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:09 pm

fine, $500-$100.

theres only 5-7 of us and noone wants to pay more than $150.

thanks for taht lrsa :)
Ka ChInG !!!!!

flatrocker

Post by flatrocker » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:37 pm

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Moneyman just raise the money yourself then you own it and then you are responsible for it.

What happens if one of the other guys is a numbskull and makes a mistake?

All of you lose your investment! If you are responsible for it you will make sure that everything is OK in the maintenance of the camera.

I think a friend of mine has just bought asony model that comes with water housing.

Try Ebay as well.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:00 pm

nah we kind of have it all figured out, asnd i guess you could say we trust each other.

We are just starting off with some disposables and if they turn out good we might just buy the camera uther bought bcause its cheap.
Ka ChInG !!!!!

seedy
regular

Post by seedy » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:54 pm

have a go, you've got an interest and passion mm so just start out small and it will decide for you wether it's for you or not. as you get older your earnings will grow with your passion and you'll update your equipment as you naturally get better.
last laugh's on the smartarse

tim

Post by tim » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:18 pm

yo..

you can get these 'ewa' brand housings for cameras pretty cheap... they're like a solid plastic bag kinda thing - do a google for them or check ebay..looking at like $100...and then about $500 for a decent 4mp camera - could do it for around that anyway. wouldnt be anything like the solid plastic hard cases, but then, you get what you pay for.

also _might_ be hard to track them down in australia..

tim

David

Camera help

Post by David » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:49 am

I am also looking for a camera for the surf.
Saw an ad in Surfing Life for a Sony Underwater camera.
http://www.worldsportnetwork.com/banner ... camera.htm
It is only a 2 megapipxel camera but at the range you are normally taking pictures at in the surf 2 megapixel wouldnt be too bad for a starting point for a camera.
The camera has been discontinued by Sony but is still available from the US or there are a few for sale on EBAY.

headip

Post by headip » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:03 pm

I've just recently bought a underwater still camera, I got it from Paxtons at waringah mall and it only cost me $100, it's not the most fantastic camera in the world but the casing is hardy ( got hammered at Sandon point with it a few months agao and she dstill works a treat) and the photos have turned out pretty good, anyhow it's a cheaper optin than forking out hundreds for one good luck

cheers sam

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:40 pm

yeah my setup cost, $18K.

:D