Get Your Rash On........

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

sorry_charlie

Get Your Rash On........

Post by sorry_charlie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Hey, so now i'm outta the neoprene and into the stubbies due to this warm water, something i get every year is a killa rash on the inside of my thighs from sitting up.......

Your ideas and hints on avoiding this are needed- cheers

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Make sure the wax doesn't extend down the rails.

Oh. And shave your thighs 8) :wink:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 pm

I used to get this (even when i was a pre-pubescent kid so not the hair factor).

May sound weird and feel a tad weird when putting it on... but put some vaseline where you get the rashes. 100% success work, even when id do it well before i even hit the water.

sorry_charlie

Post by sorry_charlie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:06 pm

sweet, yeah i never have any wax on the rails, only on the front foot, but yeah i'll def give the vasso a go, a few mates have mentioned it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

I still get the rash, too. Always try to get some boardies which hang down towards my knnes but they keep riding up. And being on a mal, the knees go over the side just where I put my hands when standing up so the wax keeps getting on the rails - thus, wax balls in my hair :cry:
Doesn't the vaseline cause slipperiness on the board?

heefcoate
Local

Post by heefcoate » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:16 pm

go a step further with vasoline intesive care it will be gone in 2 days

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Chuck the shaver and tub of vaso away Chuck.

Get your arse into a pair of cycling nicks. You know, the lycra duds that road cyclists wear. They may look silly but put 'em on under your Stubbies and no-one will see them. Alternatively, if you surf at Tamarama chuck the Stubbies and surf in lycra.

Either way, you'll never get a rash again.

sorry_charlie

Post by sorry_charlie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:31 pm

ahaha awesome, I'll give the bike pants a go then, i reckon my mates'll have a go at me though. cheers for all the ideas people!

AlbyAl
regular

Post by AlbyAl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 pm

No, no no !

The solution is obvious: thigh-high leather boots - with the feet cut out. Polish to a high sheen to prevent 'grip' on the rails of your board.

Imagine the gasps of amazement at your fashion savvy as you saunter down the beach in the middle of summer with your groovy thigh-highs under your boardies, face smeared with zinc cream, boots smeared with polish. Chicks will dig it. You'll be the centre of attention.

BONUS EXTRA: Bluebottles can wrap around your legs all they like; you will laugh them off! Guaranteed!

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 pm

AlbyAl wrote:No, no no !

The solution is obvious: thigh-high leather boots - with the feet cut out. Polish to a high sheen to prevent 'grip' on the rails of your board.

Imagine the gasps of amazement at your fashion savvy as you saunter down the beach in the middle of summer with your groovy thigh-highs under your boardies, face smeared with zinc cream, boots smeared with polish. Chicks will dig it. You'll be the centre of attention.

BONUS EXTRA: Bluebottles can wrap around your legs all they like; you will laugh them off! Guaranteed!
sounds time for another captain goodvibes strip.

AlbyAl
regular

Post by AlbyAl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Puurri, mate, I know - it's pathetic - I keep avoiding work - I let me imagination run away with me. It gathers me up in its tight embrace and hurls me into strange visions: I sees things; dead people speak to me; surfers in weird garb descend into consciousness; I answer all questions in foreign tongues; the complex becomes clear; the solid melts away and yet the liquid is but a dream from which I cannot awake. Can you show me the way out? Or will you just rely on references to old surf comics as the emblem of your wisdom?

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:41 pm

sorry_charlie wrote:ahaha awesome, I'll give the bike pants a go then, i reckon my mates'll have a go at me though. cheers for all the ideas people!
a small west australian company (and im sure many others) do boardies that dont rash. Good materials, and netting in some (non annoying netting).
I normally hate boardies but these are good.

And hurley do a good boardie...expensive though

grazza
Local

Post by grazza » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 pm

You need to go to a good bike shop and ask for a product called "Body Glide". It costs about $25 for a stick (like a deodorant stick). It's a silicon based substance that's a lot less slippery than vaso and is brilliant at preventing (and treating) rashes. Expensive but highly recommended. Quite hard to find but - there's a bike shop in Brookvale that carries it but there's not many. Triathletes use it for rash prevention on those ridiculous 12 hour races they do.

bc
charger

Post by bc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:15 am

I'll back up 2nd Reefs theory.
I get bad rash in Indo, when I'm surfing 6 hours a day.
-Never had a problem since I started wearing lycra under the boardies.
Don't get the cycling ones tho - you'll look a bit sus with the padded gusset.
Speedo do some.

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 am

sorry_charlie wrote:ahaha awesome, I'll give the bike pants a go then, i reckon my mates'll have a go at me though. cheers for all the ideas people!
you might want a pair without the padded bum.

shish
regular

Post by shish » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:14 am

vaso's the go. Just put it on lightly and it will do the trick. Doesnt make your board slippery.
yeehaa!

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:35 am

AlbyAl wrote:Puurri, mate, I know - it's pathetic - I keep avoiding work - I let me imagination run away with me. It gathers me up in its tight embrace and hurls me into strange visions: I sees things; dead people speak to me; surfers in weird garb descend into consciousness; I answer all questions in foreign tongues; the complex becomes clear; the solid melts away and yet the liquid is but a dream from which I cannot awake. Can you show me the way out? Or will you just rely on references to old surf comics as the emblem of your wisdom?
It sounds like you are the Captain.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:29 am

f**ken hell, can't wait to hear Buffy's response to this godawful quandary.