Where's The Love? Prejudice/Hatred in 2007.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Greg Noll

Where's The Love? Prejudice/Hatred in 2007.

Post by Greg Noll » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:59 pm

Lying Down, Kneeling, Standing up. All different ways of riding the gifts of wind and water. Why Hate another Human Being because of there choice in riding the ocean in such a way.

The thing I find so beautiful is watching the joy on a persons face as they get pushed to shore by mother nature in the form of a wave, be it beginner or old timer.

What I find intriguing is the joy lost now days, with so many people. They are more worried about what you're actually riding than just enjoying the gift of being able to go surf.

Nick-W
barnacle

Post by Nick-W » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:10 pm

Dude, your so new to these forums.

The old days of real surf wouldn't go a week without a dick dragger comment, and that was in full blown anger and hatred to the boogs. Vortex rebelled but he was weak and his RSI worsened. Hence he is no longer with us. It was the real wild wild south.

Now its Bondi fever and full of latte lovers and school kids. No anger here.

Just the odd piss take and KK have a flashback to child hood

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: Where's The Love? Prejudice/Hatred in 2007.

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:18 am

Greg Noll wrote:Lying Down, Kneeling, on a persons face as they get pushed to enjoying the gift
:lol:

Nully, you really from Sunset/Wiamea?
Easy to get waves there?

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:22 am

Greg Noll wrote:Lying Down, Kneeling, Standing up. All different ways of riding the gifts of wind and water. Why Hate another Human Being because of there choice in riding the ocean in such a way.

The thing I find so beautiful is watching the joy on a persons face as they get pushed to shore by mother nature in the form of a wave, be it beginner or old timer.

What I find intriguing is the joy lost now days, with so many people. They are more worried about what you're actually riding than just enjoying the gift of being able to go surf.

Waimea winked at you lately :wink:

Are you called Greg Noll because you are one of the all time big wave surfers or because it rhymes with troll?

Raker
regular

Post by Raker » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:11 pm

merkin wrote:
Greg Noll wrote:What I find intriguing is the joy lost now days, with so many people.
Found it :!:

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp ... opten&nl=1

HAHAH that was the funniest thing i've ever seen.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:49 am

merkin wrote:
Greg Noll wrote:What I find intriguing is the joy lost now days, with so many people.
Found it :!:

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp ... opten&nl=1
Wait, wait, don't tell me......that vid was the one of Don @ the last Realsurf board of directors meeting, where he's reading over all of fong and dammit's past posts. :D

smackthatlip
regular

Post by smackthatlip » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:11 am

F*&k that's funny!!

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:14 pm

greg, being a newbie, let me help explain.
as i understand it, there's a long tradition in surf culture, and australian culture in general, to raz your mates and anybody else you can.

in that grand tradition i choose to ride a bodyboard and a kneeboard. two of the best ways to get a rise out of others. others may say i ride those craft because i can't stand up. and they may have a point. but, the important thing is that i use what i have to wind others up. i suggest you try it. it's fun.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 pm

Nothing like a good rant.

I've always quietly found kneeboarders a bit funny myself. Quietly since I've had a few mates who have ridden them. There always seems to be a bit of desperation about their attack because they look like theyre going to stop halfway through the turn if they lose speed. Good in the tube though.

The big exception to this is of course Peter Crawford. He made it look easy and natural.

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:27 pm

dinosaur wrote:
bonusbeats wrote: i choose to ride a bodyboard and a kneeboard.

:shock: respect
you see how the love works here, greg. i annouce i'm a kneelo, and everyone on realsurf get's together around me, like one big supportive family.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:16 am

Well she is pretty hot :D
Is that Tom Cruise in the 4 wheel drive?

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:47 pm

its also funny because 95% of RS forums would have a clue who the fuck greg noll is

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:54 pm

andycumo wrote:its also funny because 95% of RS forums would have a clue who the **** greg noll is
sure about that?