Swell drought's about to end

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Swell drought's about to end

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:23 pm

fongss wrote:surfed waist too knee high shit this arvo

it went vitually flat on dark :cry:

i'm a little bit upset..its gone isnt it :?: ..i want my waves back :cry: :cry:

ffs webber...build that wave pool already :idea:
Gone more southerly. Supposed to be back tomorrow.
Yhe swell charts show some big gaps so I reckon (hope) it's just the change in swell direction kicking in.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 pm

CatsBeTrippin wrote:Scored Pambula rivermouth yesterday at 6-8ft. Drive back to Sydney last night and get Nth Av 8-10 this morning after dodging a an old fella who wound up washed up on the rocks with a suspected spinal injury. Now Thursday's swell wind combo looking awsome. Good thing I still have a week off work.
Did you surf the actual river mouth or further over at Old Man's I did a fairly long photo session from the rock in front of the mouth, sad to say only the boogiers were working there then and a board riding crowd on Old Man's
Sorry I missed you would have loved to shoot an RSer
River mouth
IMG_3679.jpg
Booger going flat chat
Old Man's
IMG_3660.jpg
Old man's
NE swells don't get in at the other end of the bay so before the winds got to go south we had a small secondary swell sneak in. You can see the NE swell enlarging the peak further down the beach The bar itself was absolutely small and dredgey as it gets and all the schoolies had gone home.
IMG_2755.JPG
The secret spots have been on too, but you won't see any photos from me.
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 pm

^^^^^ This is the rivermouth from the other day Otway.. Freya's Dad sent it to me. She gets a good one at the end..

http://vimeo.com/58535111
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

jimmy wrote:^^^^^ This is the rivermouth from the other day Otway.. Freya's Dad sent it to me. She gets a good one at the end..

Freya's riding really well, but she needs a couple of results to move up the food chain in comps :wink:

CatsBeTrippin

Post by CatsBeTrippin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 pm

otway1949 wrote:
CatsBeTrippin wrote:Scored Pambula rivermouth yesterday at 6-8ft. Drive back to Sydney last night and get Nth Av 8-10 this morning after dodging a an old fella who wound up washed up on the rocks with a suspected spinal injury. Now Thursday's swell wind combo looking awsome. Good thing I still have a week off work.
Did you surf the actual river mouth or further over at Old Man's I did a fairly long photo session from the rock in front of the mouth, sad to say only the boogiers were working there then and a board riding crowd on Old Man's
Sorry I missed you would have loved to shoot an RSer
River mouth
IMG_3679.jpg
Old Man's
IMG_3660.jpg
NE swells don't get in at the other end of the bay so before the winds got to go south we had a small secondary swell sneak in. You can see the NE swell enlarging the peak further down the beach The bar itself was absolutely small and dredgey as it gets and all the schoolies had gone home.
IMG_2755.JPG
The secret spots have been on too, but you won't see any photos from me.
Yer I was at the rivermouth looked very much like it did in that video link. I took a little walk to the north side of b.i at first light that morning and got a couple but it wasn't quite happening with the wind and tide still at it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 am

otway1949 wrote:
jimmy wrote:^^^^^ This is the rivermouth from the other day Otway.. Freya's Dad sent it to me. She gets a good one at the end..

Freya's riding really well, but she needs a couple of results to move up the food chain in comps :wink:
Maybe get her to extend her body a bit more in turns, she's scrabbling a bit to try to stay high in the wave.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
otway1949 wrote:

Maybe get her to extend her body a bit more in turns, she's scrabbling a bit to try to stay high in the wave.
She's doing the coaching program with ASP Nick
I certainly agree about the scrabbling bit and the need for extension there are couple of other factors that keep her a couple of notches below par at this stage.
Somehow a 65 year old Otwayish longboarder advising an aspiring pro doesn't quite ring the bell :-?

Maybe I should wear the rhinohat for credibility!
Last edited by otway1949 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 pm

How times change. I used to know someone who was majorly heavied because he took a picture of that wave. It appeared in a mag. As it turned out some photographer visiting his place shot a copy of his photo he had mounted on the wall. Didn't placate the locals.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?