Larry has Lost It

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

roscoediboscoe
regular

Larry has Lost It

Post by roscoediboscoe » Tue May 31, 2005 8:01 pm

Around the Bends
No waves up here at all - the place is a desert - absolutely nada - don't know why I bother - nothing happening - everyone is playing golf - banks shot - deep water everywhere - forget it / would I lie? / Larry
(Report filed Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 08:33:16 AEST)
back to top Get this report by email! | Larry Stories!
If you are going to do a surf report - DO IT - if not DISAPPEAR - everyone knows you're a kok head - no need to prove it over and over again.

birubi

Re: Larry has Lost It

Post by birubi » Tue May 31, 2005 8:06 pm

roscoediboscoe wrote:
Around the Bends
No waves up here at all - the place is a desert - absolutely nada - don't know why I bother - nothing happening - everyone is playing golf - banks shot - deep water everywhere - forget it / would I lie? / Larry
(Report filed Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 08:33:16 AEST)
back to top Get this report by email! | Larry Stories!
If you are going to do a surf report - DO IT - if not DISAPPEAR - everyone knows you're a kok head - no need to prove it over and over again.
true that :D

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:05 pm

i assumed larry was being sarcastic about it because there was acutally good surf and he was doing his best to reduce crowds.

filthbarrel
regular

Post by filthbarrel » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:14 am

It is sad to see that the ancient art of Aussie sarcasm is totally lost on the yoof of today.

I read Lazza's report yesterday and took a wild stab that the postcode was firing in some clean and makeable lines.

Did you know your intelligence level determines your ability to spot sarcasm - the lower the level the less the likely.

Oh yea, from now on Larry, your reports should be as follows.

Palm Beach has wonderful A frames peeling off on several spots and these long and makeable waves range from 3-5ft. The direction of the swell means the lefts are a bit longer. The offshore should last till about an hour after the high tide at 10am. There are 12 surfers in the water of varying ability at 7.15am. My pick is the A frame straight off the middle of the beach, but Midget is out there and is getting all the set waves. I'll get out of your way now.

birubi

Post by birubi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:36 am

but why use sarcasm in a surf report????if your doing a surf report it is to let people know where to go who are to stupid to figure it out themselves in certain weather conditions.what next do you want the BOM to be sarcastic in there forcasts to keep people from going to the beach???

IMO if you dont want to let people know what beach is decent in a major surf report then mayby he shouldnt write anything

roscoediboscoe
regular

Post by roscoediboscoe » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:47 am

filthbarrel wrote:It is sad to see that the ancient art of Aussie sarcasm is totally lost on the yoof of today.

Palm Beach has wonderful A frames peeling off on several spots and these long and makeable waves range from 3-5ft. The direction of the swell means the lefts are a bit longer. The offshore should last till about an hour after the high tide at 10am. There are 12 surfers in the water of varying ability at 7.15am. My pick is the A frame straight off the middle of the beach, but Midget is out there and is getting all the set waves. I'll get out of your way now.
I appreciate sarcasm - it's also the "lowest form of wit"

If he's put up here to do a surf report - then do one - or he should be dropped of the site like "Stu" who strayed too far from surf reporting.

filthbarrel
regular

Post by filthbarrel » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:00 am

[quote]"I appreciate sarcasm - it's also the "lowest form of wit.[/quote]

I trust you are being sarcastic in your remark.

Sarcasm is not the lowest form of wit unless you are a cynic.

Geez mate, if you cant look at the virtual buoys, look at the wind right now from the BOM and work out what the tide is doing, you aint much of a surfer. Only think missing on the web is the state of the banks and if you surf rock or reef bottom you dont even need that.

Relax.

Damien
regular

Post by Damien » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:37 am

If you hadnt noticed, there are a heap of other surf reports on this site if what you want is a straight account of conditions. I for one appreciate a bit of yarn, a story or the general musings on Round the Bends.

Stop ya moaning. Keep it coming Larry

Little D
regular

Post by Little D » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:47 am

he was telling everyone that there was surf. pity you couldnt understand that.......
if you think you can make the effort to report everyday for the realsurf crew - DO IT!!!

keep the good s**t coming Larry

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:11 am

roscoediboscoe wrote:
If he's put up here to do a surf report - then do one - or he should be dropped of the site like "Stu" who strayed too far from surf reporting.
that wasn't quite the issue. I think it's fine if larry wants to be obtuse. What do you want? Him to drop by your house and take you to the nearest peak? :P

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:15 am

Hell !! 3 threads in one month and all negative

One bloke reckons I'm an egg for naming spots

Another sez I'm a kok (?) for not naming spots

- and another reckons I'm nutz and need psycho help

you blokes have to be a typical bunch of surfers

laz

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:20 am

collnarra wrote:
roscoediboscoe wrote:
that wasn't quite the issue. I think it's fine if larry wants to be obtuse. What do you want? Him to drop by your house and take you to the nearest peak? :P
dat sounds good, i live in North Ryde, i usually leave home between 5.15 and 5.30am to get to the beach for a dawny, if larry could pick me up and take me to the best peak and then drive back to work that would be great... c'mon larry it'd be a laugh!!

birubi

Post by birubi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:23 am

Stay happy and you'll be perfectly fine

nicw surf report :roll:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:28 am

+ larry, could you please include this in your report for tomorrow and forever:

"I know its outside my area but the waves at Dee Why have been contaminated by various toxins and all surfers should do their best to avoid the area, pending further clean up (note: this clean up could take months or years) "

it was like bloody pit street out there today... more vermin than a New York Sewer, more snakes than the Australian Reptile Park... and more pretenders than an Australian Idol audition...

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:02 am

... more vermin than a New York Sewer, more snakes than the Australian Reptile Park... and more pretenders than an Australian Idol audition...
I like that Wanderer. Nice turn of phrase. Keep 'em coming
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.