Ask Carroll

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Ask Carroll

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:30 pm

loofy wrote:Do you think this whole new "me and fanning are best mates" slater "he's the nicest guy i have ever met" is genuine Kelly or part of his whole gameplan of softening the competition?
Nah he is being totally genuine.

Today.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:and if you wanna see the shot, here it is. pic courtesy TC.
1479348_10151758322076809_320345518_n.jpg
nah that's not a 9.7, like hell it isn't.

Fkkukkk, that is beyond insane.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Dear Nick,

I'm eager to hear your solutions to my Troublesome Aunt-not-quite-in law issue. Further to the information already provided in the 'other things I hate' thread, a key detail that I originally left out is that she is in my house every single day, barring weekends, helping out with the children. So I get home from work, often quite knackered, to be confronted with "Hello Daddy" etc etc in this ridiculous sing song falsetto.

Also, do you think that loofy could benefit from having some sex (preferrably with his wife)?

Best wishes,

godsavethequeen
Beanpole wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Why would I wear a mask?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Well I feel your wife is the best asset you have in this situation.

She is the one who is blood related to this lunatic, correct?

You need to talk to her about this nightmare. Not only is she duty bound to listen, she may also decide to intervene on your behalf, especially if she begins to doubt your mad aunt's sexual bona fides (which btw I doubt in a huge way, I think she definitely wants to fcuk you).

Trust the woman who has sworn to you I say. And make sure she gets that this weirdly dangerous person cannot be trusted with your children. Because if she has her child protection mechanism activated, the aunt may well be killed in the process.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Re loofy, god knows. Sex is always good. But would she be willing?

grapsta
regular

Post by grapsta » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Why couldn't we have a separate Pipe thread
jus saying.

Poor Yadin ...3 amazing waves...and I'm pretty sure his name wasn't even mentioned for the next 90 mins or so of the webcast.

do you guys think JJ caved in to the pressure a bit on that last wave ?

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:46 pm

We could have a pipe thread. We could have a dozen new ones every day. But what's the point ? Threads about retards and doing shit is obviously more popular
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:15 am

Based on Nick's reply in the link below I would be more of a back footed surfer ...

http://www.surfline.com/community/whokn ... fm?id=1096
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 am

How was Kelly's 9.8 in the final not a 10? He was airborne on takeoff.
Oh, and John John's 9.2 in the semi, that turn was amazing!

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Snapper is average for spectators, was much better at Burleigh.
But I'd say it is still an easier logistic exercise than Bells

Plan on 3-4 days, around a weekend.

julioadler
Grommet

Post by julioadler » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Is Fred Pawle bluffing in The Australian or just plain speculation ?

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Hey Julio, how you goin'?
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 pm

julioadler wrote:Is Fred Pawle bluffing in The Australian or just plain speculation ?
Fred's a good mate of mine Julio and if there is one thing he doesn't do, it is speculate without having spoken to someone /people in the know. Randy Rarick has always given Fred the time of day unlike most other people involved in the industry (probably with good reason I might add). And whilst the article might seem a little fuzzy on the details I know for a fact that Fred has been banging away on the phones to people all over the world to try and get info on what's going on with Zosea..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Legion wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:Just got an irritating txt from Tom who surfed Sunset this arvo, described it as "giant". Said on his last wave he was coming on to the inside section and it actually drained dry to black reef. He jumped off and got washed safely over it into the channel. Cnut! I love that shit.
Was he riding a SUP?

Does he ride a SUP in Hawaii? Do the locals tolerate him?

Why does he insist on riding it at times like e.g. exhibition round at Snapper?

He and Gerry should've paddled out on their SUPs for an exhibition round at Pipe before the final.
Nah a 9'8" Rawson quad.

Fcuk, you'd be hard pressed to find a surfer in hawaii who doesn't ride a SUP from time to time.

I think at Snapper he has done it just because he can.

I dunno what Fred has written or found out about Zosea but as far as I can tell so far they have about $8 million in sponsorship for about $30 million worth of mens WCT events in 2014, and two of the events (Fiji and Bali) have no naming rights sponsorship. Four of the women's events don't have any sponsors yet either ... yet there they are on the schedule happy as Larry. And there's no TV presence outside the USA, at least not that they've announced. They won't tell you anything eh.

Mega sceptical of 'em.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:13 pm

well if they can't make it float after that Pipe Masters comp the whole ASP general audience expansion strategy can suck a fat one.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 pm

[quote="Matticus Finch"]Pipe was the first contest I've sat and watched unfold, well the final day anyway. After watching, my daughter who is learning to surf has asked me if I can take her to an event. I guess the only two real possibilities would be Kirra and Bells.
How much action can you expect to see at one of these events, given she is not towering above the crowd and all I'm a bit concerned we'd end up looking at the backs of heads mostly.
How hard is it to find accommodation and transport around an event, I heard Pipe was a record crowd but just how much of a crowd do the Australian events draw?
With waiting periods and the uncertainty factor, what's the minimum length you'd need to hang about to at guarantee seeing some surfing happen?[/quote]

snapper or torquay is fine re: being able to see all the action, both spots being unique. south vic is closer for you and a much nicer drive.
signatures, finally got it covered.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:59 pm

[quote="Matticus Finch"]Pipe was the first contest I've sat and watched unfold, well the final day anyway. After watching, my daughter who is learning to surf has asked me if I can take her to an event. I guess the only two real possibilities would be Kirra and Bells.
How much action can you expect to see at one of these events, given she is not towering above the crowd and all I'm a bit concerned we'd end up looking at the backs of heads mostly.
How hard is it to find accommodation and transport around an event, I heard Pipe was a record crowd but just how much of a crowd do the Australian events draw?
With waiting periods and the uncertainty factor, what's the minimum length you'd need to hang about to at guarantee seeing some surfing happen?[/quote]

snapper or torquay is fine re: being able to see all the action, both spots being unique. south vic is closer for you and a much nicer drive.
signatures, finally got it covered.