Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Grooter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Went to Flinders this morning

Underestimated the size of the swell and forgot it was low tide so an 8'6" longboard was not the ideal weapon of choice out there. Especially when I got caught inside when bombs with 3 metre+ faces were bearing down on me like freight trains.

Should have taken the 7' because at least I can dive that. In waves of that size no matter what I tried the board would just get ripped out of my hands.

I managed to get onto a couple, but it wasn't easy, I had to sit way out on the shoulder and watch the horizon like a hawk to time the paddle across to hook onto them and make sure I wasn't going to drop in either - unless they were SUP riders, fcuk them! Hell of a ride when I did though, there was a ton of power in the swell and the feeling of the build up of pressure on the single fin and the flex through the board on the turns was pretty cool on the long rides from out the back.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:07 pm

^^ Really that big? I was at 13th all morning and I didn't see a wave bigger than 4 foot iggy scale...

Had a f*cking great surf though :D people everywhere but still managed to catch a billion waves.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

sn.jpg

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:29 pm

beachbanga wrote:^^ Really that big? I was at 13th all morning and I didn't see a wave bigger than 4 foot iggy scale...

Had a f*cking great surf though :D people everywhere but still managed to catch a billion waves.
I was at 13th last weekend, had the same experience, tons of people but I got more waves than I could honestly count.

But yeah it was that big, the Point Nepean swell buoy was reporting maximum waves bigger than 3 metres. Wave periods were at their highest early and the direction was more southerly as well. It dropped off later though.

Caught me out and I got smashed a couple of times - hence the thread on lung capacity!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 am

Late yesterday arvo, snuck out for a late on my new custom (2nd surf on it).
Drove the best part of an hr through Sunday afternoon traffic to the beach. Wind was picking up and a storm brewing; I'm tired, hungry and thinking it's a waste of time. Get down there and it's tiny, but the Nor easter isn't too bad and there's a fun-looking wave up the far end of longy.
Had a great surf on the new board, wind died off completely and the sun even made an appearance at the end. Drove home stoked.
One of those days where you feel like you've beaten the system 8)
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:25 am

Today I might blow a fuse. :twisted:

It’s hot.....people are sweating around me..... they stink and I’m agitated.

The insects buzzing outside are also f-ckin with my head.Why do they do that ???? Why cant they just piss off ???!!! :twisted:

The worst part is the fact that the surf in Sydney is soooo cr-p today.
It’s small and putrid like my brother in law and I feel like smashing my surfboard into tiny pieces until the voices in my head tell me to stop. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:27 pm

So kreepy what happened in between being seethingly angry at the poor people of Blueys Beach and being seethingly angry at the poor people back home?

As I remember you were in between epic surf adventures in Indo and the South Pacific?
Didn't hear much about that but maybe I missed it.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:27 am

Changed my mind..... threw my ticket in the bin.

The thought of having to face my mother-in-law there (if only for a day before pissing off) was too much.

Mrs Kreepykrawly went to Bali with a free seat next to her.

I had 2 weeks to myself 8)

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:11 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:Today I might blow a fuse. :twisted:

It’s hot.....people are sweating around me..... they stink and I’m agitated.
Mate, come live in PNG, then you'll know all about People Sweating and Smelling!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Should've gone to Flinders, fcuk it if it was only 2 foot

Went to Gunnamatta, where is was 4 but low tide so it was junky and messy. Left after an hour. Oh well

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Are Victorians the only ones surfing at the moment?

Anyway, went to Gunnamatta again this morning, tide time was better, swell a bit cleaner and the wind lighter. End result a pretty good surf, especially as it was raining for most of it and I was pretty much on a sand bank to my own.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:33 pm

seen the surf report for the east coast in the past couple of weeks, Hatchy?

Got wet in the lower-mid Sunny Coast.
Small, full and weak, but a decent bank and fun.
Shared a peak with my brother. He's natural but went left, I'm goofy but went right...

Saw a dugong, surfaced about 10m away! They're massive and ugly.
And their breath stinks.

I was bloody glad it was a dugong...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 pm

had 2 surfs today, both pretty average waves, early was low tide closeouts ( well most of em were just too quick but there was a few if you could find em ), then had an arvo sesh with strong NE cross-shore winds but was nobody out, got a few decent waves and had a blast on the finless, funny how the early was light offshore and about 100 out but had a ton more fun later in the windy stuff....no dugongs though... :( woulda scared the fark outta me I reckon...son saw a noah a few days ago at Snapper...so he's a bot toey on the Noah front lately....

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:23 am

No surf in Sydney for a whole week so I'm gonna go mental !!! :twisted:

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 am

Solid swell down torquey way today probably 4 - 6 foot at point impossible this morning unfortunately it was high tide but still a few good rides to be had. Fairly crowded for a Monday morning maybe 12 or so .not to bad I know.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Still no surf on the Sunny Coast, well, nothing to get excited about.

Made a quick board instead, maybe when I come back home at Christmas there'll be some waves to ride it on...
Attachments
aaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:18 pm

is that a new logo ledge, give us a closer look mate, nice lines on the board, what dims
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:55 pm

ledge71 wrote:Still no surf on the Sunny Coast, well, nothing to get excited about.

Made a quick board instead, maybe when I come back home at Christmas there'll be some waves to ride it on...
Looks good Ledge.
I think I recognise that street. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.