Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

scroopulis
Local

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by scroopulis » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:51 pm

^^ "Volcom, exposing it to the masses. So to speak.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:01 pm

scroopulis wrote:^^ "Volcom, exposing it to the masses. So to speak.
if they sponsor Mitch Coleborn :oops:

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Trev, did you send that message from afar?
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:20 pm

volcom :arrow: the boardshort for losers :idea:

the go is film them...take it too the marinetime authority and push for them be fined

( get the skis rego on film....and there in big shit)

it's a pretty hefty fine too btw

particularly for a old has been pro surfer like dingo :idea:

topic....surfed out front ( in my lowes boardshorts i paid $10 for) messy...1 ft ( iggy scale,,heavy 4ft qld standard measurement)

had a lot fun in fact yet have a bad surf on it 8) . the channels or tripple concave works better in classy waves :?

i think :|
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Headed south this morn in search of peepless peaks and found nirvana south of the tweed river. 2-3' glassy a-frames and clear blue skies, a coastal fringe devoid of development and second surf on a new board...lifes good
As I was packing the car an aeroplane soared high over head, just a contrail left behind
Life is vey good

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:36 pm

nowhere. spend the entire day trying to fix my board (small ding) with no such luck though because it keeps blowing bubbles before it has time to cure, so it's not sealing for me. and in the process, i've stuffed up my knee. it now clicks and hurts like hell. so me, and my board are out of action. :facepalm:

oh and havn't checked in here for a while...

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:41 pm

macca202 wrote:nowhere. spend the entire day trying to fix my board (small ding) with no such luck though because it keeps blowing bubbles before it has time to cure, so it's not sealing for me. and in the process, i've stuffed up my knee. it now clicks and hurts like hell. so me, and my board are out of action. :facepalm:

oh and havn't checked in here for a while...
Tell me about that ding Macca, is it deep and you're just trying to fill it with resin? Have you mixed some qcel with the resin? Are you laying some clothes over the ding?

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:55 am

ledge71 wrote:Tell me about that ding Macca, is it deep and you're just trying to fill it with resin? Have you mixed some qcel with the resin? Are you laying some clothes over the ding?
i've made a topic here:
http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=18220
its not deep, just a small pushed in section, it shouldn't have needed anything like qcell. though in an attempt to stop the bubble happening, i drilled a hole through the set solarez to try again, and the drill went all the way to the foam and a little bit deeper, so i shoved a bit of a styrofoam cup in there :lol:

anyway, it's now the middle of the night, and i put some spit over the pinhole where the air is coming from, and yep, it's still blowing air out :?: will try in the morning to see if it's stopped, otherwise gonna have to try speedneedles araldite and talcom powder trick.

anyway if i've stuffed my knee, guess I don't really need a surfboard... :x

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:13 pm

macca202 wrote:
ledge71 wrote:Tell me about that ding Macca, is it deep and you're just trying to fill it with resin? Have you mixed some qcel with the resin? Are you laying some clothes over the ding?
i've made a topic here:
http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=18220
its not deep, just a small pushed in section, it shouldn't have needed anything like qcell. though in an attempt to stop the bubble happening, i drilled a hole through the set solarez to try again, and the drill went all the way to the foam and a little bit deeper, so i shoved a bit of a styrofoam cup in there :lol:

anyway, it's now the middle of the night, and i put some spit over the pinhole where the air is coming from, and yep, it's still blowing air out :?: will try in the morning to see if it's stopped, otherwise gonna have to try speedneedles araldite and talcom powder trick.

anyway if i've stuffed my knee, guess I don't really need a surfboard... :x
You say you used solar resin?

I've found that solar really isn't any good for anything less then a few mm. This may be what's causing the problem. I never use solar when mixing with anything like QCel or foam etc. Another problem people have when not using solar is adding to much hardner, this makes the resin boil and bubble although this is does not seem to be your problem. Good luck mate, I'll check out the thread.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:22 pm

A few waves on my Island in PNG today. Was a bit wind blown (bloody work) by the time we got there, but we had some fun.
Attachments
10-31-2010_002a.jpg
Another one goes unridden. 1000's everyday go unridden.
002da.jpg
A bit bumpy, but still pretty solid.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 am

ledge71 wrote:Trev, did you send that message from afar?
Yep.
From Ontario, Canada.
At my son's place at present. And for the rest of this week.
Next week in Boston then back here for a week.
Then Vancouver and Honolulu.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:00 pm

super glassy, fast 3' beachies today.
some good sets .
heaps of fun.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:43 pm

yesterday i hit ledges hideaway..or close too it

not in png...the one on the nth end a certain mega bay :wink:

small but perfect

today i took one look at the crowds on the points and went home and surfed out front with a dozen locals

pretty sure only mal riders and blowins bother with noosa points these days on small days :cry:

it's such a shame...another perfect wave ruin by out control crowds...still i guess u get that everywhere now days :cry: and so long it boosts a mag/websites circulation :roll:

i blame mobiles more than surf reports....ffs...why ring a dozen mates come down when it's crowded as f.uck all ready :?:

when did surfing become a team sport :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Good to hear you got some waves our way mate. I know what you're talking about with the crowds etc. I suppose we're all entitled to the surf but I can feel your pain.
I've certainly become spoilt while working over here. Sometimes I get reluctant to go out early before work in fear that I'll end up with my face spread across the reef and have nobody there to help. Bizarre I know. Can you picture perfect noose 40 years ago! Not a soul out and perfect wave after wave reeling down the point. That's what's it like over here...but not noose quality.
Anyway, looks like swell is on it's way to PNG, hope you guys are getting some down south.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Fong, tomorrow is THE day for the beachies to shine mate. Provided you can find a bank that'll handle the 4-5ft inconsistent sets, although Mooloolaba wave buoy is showing a lot smaller than the Goldy buoys, so it might be closer to the 4ft at the open beaches up your way tomorrow. Either way, with winds already gone W/NW up there, get amongst it mate!!!

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:18 am

ROFL... captured my first and best wave of the entire session for posterity. Yes... obviously... no-one else could be bothered paddling out to the reef for the pumping waist high sets... :oops:
dug_swellnet_rofl.jpg

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 am

Pick a beachie, any beachie. They are all firing right now. :D

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Good stuff Saltman. How was the paddle out the back?

Still blowin W/NW to the north of you!!! :D