Where to live.... On the Sunshine Coast. Noosa or Moffat's?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

eMpowered
Local

Re: Where to live

Post by eMpowered » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 pm

You know you lot are'nt to bad after all, A few months ago I posted some very lost remark's and comment's.

As the Fong and some other's know through PM'S I sheilded my madness through Red Wine, but the truth is I Screwed my back at work (Disc Protrusions) and ended up on very strong pain killers (Morptine and Panadeine Forte), you would be amazed what gp's will pescribe you. Worst "Or if you believe you were Jim Morrison, best experience of my life". So good to feel that magic again back in my body. (Healthy)

So, I wish to say thank's, both to my madness a few months ago (I love my Beer and Red, but Never mix any grog with pescribed pills). It will take your manhood into madness, Trust me.

But also such a major response to my plite to find "Aussie Family Gold", especially you lot from the Sunny Coast.

Obviously this isn't a quick decision for us (And many Northern Beaches 30 odd's).

M

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am

going through the same thoughts now.
in between jobs and having offers in WA, QLD and one in New Caledonia.
Actually, my uncle works for the UN in the south pacific, might talk to him on possible engineering design work in different islands.
Jeez he has the life, travelling the pacific for the UN.

where to live, where to live??
and at 33 it will probably mean the girl i settle down with at wherever will be the one i have kids with one day.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 am

I subscribe to this newsletter just to dream

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

get ten mates to go in and you have an island for 3-4 mill

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:53 pm

i've recently moved back to thirroul (a northern suburb of wollongong), after 15 years away. joining the library yesterday i was happy to see that it still subscribes to surfing world, as it did when i was a boy. i borrowed half a dozen or so and lay them in a corner of the bathroom near the toilet.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:33 pm

trying to buy a place at the moment. i'm keen to move to thirroul. i used to stay there a bit in the 80s. the girlfriend isn't so sure -- she likes chinese restaurants. the only one i know of is a couple of kms south. but the gong must have it's fair share.
and how's the soil quality? doesn't look like it's built on sand dunes -- as long as i can grow some pumpkins.
Lucky Al wrote:i've recently moved back to thirroul (a northern suburb of wollongong), after 15 years away. joining the library yesterday i was happy to see that it still subscribes to surfing world, as it did when i was a boy. i borrowed half a dozen or so and lay them in a corner of the bathroom near the toilet.

vb
Local

Post by vb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Guess you've explored all the possibilites of moving in with the in-laws. If they're on the plateau I know they've got some sort of a spread and the big easing in dual-occ regulations these days might make it attractive and you're not stepping on each other's toes. 'Course there's a lot of ifs here, you might rather want to slit your throat.

BTW, just wondering how many surfers suffer from protruding discs. I've got the bastards as well

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 pm

i don't know about the soils, but dad does - i'll ask him tonight. there's a few good-looking vegetable gardens around. it's funny, dad is a lifelong horticulturist and botanist, but his compost at the moment is awful - soggy and smelly and teeming with maggots. when i asked why he of all people didn't have a good compost, he said a man's compost is a mirror to his soul. he meant he hasn't been happy at work. i've since been turning and spreading out his compost, bit by bit, day by day.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Lucky Al wrote:i've recently moved back to thirroul (a northern suburb of wollongong), after 15 years away.
then its time to catch up for a beer

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 pm

OK fcuk it. Hold everything.

I have just received -- in my letterbox no less -- the answer to eMp's dreams.

Walana Valley!

I bet youse don't know where that is. Well despite the awesome name, it is in fact a precinct of Monga Vale. Just up behind the cemetery in fact, though this is not mentioned in the marvellous brochure. No hell no. They talk about "sea breezes". Nothing like sea breezes blowing over human graves.

Walana Valley! One of the last places you can buy real estate on the northern beaches, apparently -- as long as you're interested in real estate that overlooks a cemetery, that is within a mere stone's throw of several fast food outlets, and boasts some of the most cookie-cutter housing blocks in the Sydney metropolitan area.

Yep this is it, WALANA VALLEY, the suburb that doesn't exist, the gated community for the undiscerning, the real estate that prepares you for your dotage in a similarly-planned "retirement village".

Buy in now! Back it up with a coupla cheesy mid range longboards and a membership of Monga Vale Surf Club and you too can live the northern beaches Coastal Lifestyle.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:OK fcuk it. Hold everything.

Walana Valley!

Yep this is it, WALANA VALLEY, the suburb that doesn't exist, the gated community for the undiscerning, the real estate that prepares you for your dotage in a similarly-planned "retirement village".

Buy in now! Back it up with a coupla cheesy mid range longboards and a membership of Monga Vale Surf Club and you too can live the northern beaches Coastal Lifestyle.
They must have done their research Nick and identified you as in their demographic. :oops: :wink:

Marine Jacket Spud
Grommet

Post by Marine Jacket Spud » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Walana Valley!

I bet youse don't know where that is. Well despite the awesome name, it is in fact a precinct of Monga Vale. Just up behind the cemetery in fact, though this is not mentioned in the marvellous brochure. No hell no. They talk about "sea breezes". Nothing like sea breezes blowing over human graves.

Walana Valley! One of the last places you can buy real estate on the northern beaches, apparently -- as long as you're interested in real estate that overlooks a cemetery, that is within a mere stone's throw of several fast food outlets, and boasts some of the most cookie-cutter housing blocks in the Sydney metropolitan area.

He he, good call Nick! I recived the same brochure and had a long debate with the Mrs about how awful it would be to live there. Walana Valley conjours up images of lush rainforest and early morning mists.

Frickin real estate marketeers - line em up and and hang them from the Walana Valley Street lights afterwards...

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Walana Valley!

Forget it Nick , I'm moving to Newport just to be closer to you. :twisted:

Does $16 mill get you something decent up them parts?

vb
Local

Post by vb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Think you must be mistaken Nick ... no mention of the boneyard in their website (unless "where time stands still'' portrays some significance).

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Does $16 mill get you something decent up them parts?
Sure! You can buy Harry Hodge's beach house at the southern end of Newport.

Harry bought it early last year for about $15m but he is eager to offload.

Of course it won't stop me from dropping in on you. This is the grim truth about real estate -- it doesn't come with inbuilt respect. Indeed it just opens you up for a solid year or two of torment at the hands of the Carroll brothers and our many supergrommet offspring.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:31 am

My adivce is to rent somehere up the sunny for a year. Bassted by who your kids do at school. They should be gettin attention. Also the peopl who live up there are just diffferent. Im saying that in an its in anway differnt than all the pre. Just just like to add some pretty nice places in narraween goiing for what you got. It a duplex so ou can poce around the malls\
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:13 pm

if people have gardens, that's all i need to know.
Lucky Al wrote:i don't know about the soils, but dad does - i'll ask him tonight. there's a few good-looking vegetable gardens around. it's funny, dad is a lifelong horticulturist and botanist, but his compost at the moment is awful - soggy and smelly and teeming with maggots. when i asked why he of all people didn't have a good compost, he said a man's compost is a mirror to his soul. he meant he hasn't been happy at work. i've since been turning and spreading out his compost, bit by bit, day by day.

vb
Local

Post by vb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Don't think you'd need $15 huge to buy Quiksilver Palace at Newport, BB ... even at the height of the property boom I rated this joint at at least $10m over the odds. I'm tipping if it does get sold, it'll be a Sydney record for depreciation