Surfers Fighting

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Spoon wrote:I did have a thought about SUP riders, they could paddle over and kick you :shock:
No they couldn't. The mere hint of body movement would cause them to fall clean off.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:10 pm

dinosaur wrote:and then of course there is the famous/hilarious stuart bedforf brown v local psychotic pot head stonemason incident. Ahhh still cheers me up. :lol: :lol:
Please share this dino.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm

dunnc wrote:Every now again I can hear some pretty strong language and threats yelled in the heat of the moment but i've never seen a full donny brook out in the water.

Have any of you seen a blew regularly? Anything carry over to the carpark?
When I was starting out, this is early 90's, Maroubra used to have heated discussions all the time, with the occasional head to the beach call, although It didn't actually get to the beach that often.

Saw quite a few fights in the water in that time. I hate seeing two guys trying to fight in the water, partly because it is lame and pretty useless, and partly because I don't want to watch someone drowned by a maniac.

The 'bra seems very quiet and friendly these days.

Come on Dino, I'm interested in the story of SBB and the stoned stonemason.
Last edited by oldman on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:04 pm

re sbb @ whaley - heard the story a few times, great for a giggle.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:42 pm

wanto wrote:re sbb @ whaley - heard the story a few times, great for a giggle.
Ive even heard it but that's due to Stuart hanging out on the Eastern Suburbs social circuit rather than me being a "local" up in that wilderness of the Northern Beaches. It is fcuking funny.

What isnt funny is serious fighting in the surf where one guy aims to kill the other guy. That's for low IQ gorillas. :twisted:

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:29 pm

^^^^^ i guess your talking about us , when you refer to sbb,s mates. and the only stone mason guy that has regularly surfed the wedge over the last 20 or so years would be peter o,dell ,who is also a great mate of brownies...never ever heard that story. the only reason some of us arent surfing there now is because we moved away.certainly not because some mystery dude freaked us out

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 pm

none taken matey...certainly nothing i claim..^^^^jeez that guy is cute

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:51 pm

cmon guys rip in!!!!!!!!!!!!! bugger it im going back to facebook. :?

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:50 pm

I believe I am beginning to see the light.
Only aggro I've ever seen was at age 18 (1980s..) and it was one of my mates who started it. Adolescent showing off over who was more 'local' on the back of a bit of snaking and legrope tugging....
But they took it to the beach, nobody won, the two crews (ours and theirs) surfed in harmony ever after, nothing ever said about it.
But punch ups in the water! The stupidest, most entertaining thing I've seen for ages.
Can't wait to try it.
Think I'll head down to Bondi on Sunday.
Care to come and watch?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
dunnc wrote:It's a sad indictment of the society we now live in :(
It's OK dunc, you don't live in Hawaii.
Way to bring me back to earth! I wouldn't mind the island life, good waves, good snorkelling and a lifted tacoma with 33' muddies...

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:49 pm

Well done Dino. Worth the effort for sure.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:39 am

my favourite beach fights .. kick shit on the other ones posted:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2pmHgRHI4SM

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LHMxylIN0

Gasherbrum4
Grommet

Post by Gasherbrum4 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:09 am

dinosaur wrote:May very well be totally false. Just telling it how it was told to me. By a few different people on more than one occasion quite a while ago. the wedge wasn't LPPS's regular spot.
No Dino you are right, story as told to me by LPPS himself (just for the sake of it let's call him 'Mick' :wink: ) SBB mouthed off & called him a kook, not to his face but to all the mates out the back. *paranoia kick in time* & the Dozer comes wading in like John Wayne.

Think you are underselling Mick ability wise whilst he was no surf star I've surfed the reef with him on many occasions & yeah ungainly at times but competent nevertheless.

Sorry Bevan but while I'm sure SBB is a good bloke, he was always a try hard compared to his contemporaries & I'm sure had a self esteem problem in that regard which contributed to the situation as described by Dino, can't imagine Bainy, BL or TC behaving in the same way. He had it coming.

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:10 am

wanto wrote:my favourite beach fights .. kick shit on the other ones posted:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2pmHgRHI4SM

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LHMxylIN0
That second one was scary...the replays of his steely gaze full of resolve gave me goose bumps. I would never drop in on him...no way!

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:19 am

gonna be interesting to see if old mate SUP returns to freshie anytime soon.

tommy carroll and his mate were out at freshie sometime last week, but at least they know what they're doing on the SUP's, sitting wider of the peak, clear of the ever-growing throng of kooks.

however some of these other blokes just go straight through the pack, with minimal control of the craft, and let's face it, if you get hit by one of them in the head - you're gonna be in a fair bit of trouble.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:25 am

That second one was a cack Wanto. Very well done too, better production values than many bollywood numbers.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:50 am

oldman wrote:That second one was a cack Wanto. Very well done too, better production values than many bollywood numbers.
If you're (notice spelling) into Bollywood movies check out this movie called Benny Lava.

Best enjoyed stoned. :lol:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:07 pm

mick the dozer is definitely a competent surfer.the only person ive ever heard called a crash test dummy out a the wedge was yahoo serious..(or whatever hes calling himself these days).. must or could have happened but who the f...kwould pick mick, definitely not sbb. hes one of my best mates , but that would have been funny i bet he ran faster than the wind....p.s that entire crew inc me suffer from weed dementia.. micks a very good bloke and i have always enjoyed surfing with him....[/quote]