Anglet/hossegor

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pegs
regular

Anglet/hossegor

Post by pegs » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:07 pm

hey, going to stay in anglet next week /or hopefully longer) im a bodyboarder and wondering if anyones been round the area (what waves to avoid or go to etc). also need to buy a board (any 2nd hand gear around there?) any help much appreciated. staying at the hi hostel in anglet if that means anything to. cheers

MarcusJ

Post by MarcusJ » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:41 pm

Here's what you might get. It's a nice place to stay. These shots were taken in Autumn. It's worthwhile to organise some wheels and have a look around.

bro
Local

Post by bro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:12 pm

lived there for 6 months and was staying in Anglet last week
surf ranged from 2 feet for most of the week and up to 6 foot for the last two days
there are at least 4 surf shops in Anglet alone and 4 times that in Hossegor plus more in Biarittz
I wouldn't buy 2nd hand too expensive eg boards (stand up) 2nd hand from 350 to 450 euros thats $560 to $720 so its expensive

no waves to avoid from Anglet north it is 100 miles of straight beach, south you get headlands and bays. Anglet picks up more swell than hossegor but get a car if you can and go for a drive

bc
charger

Post by bc » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:29 pm

The hostel's pretty good.
You can camp there, and use all the facilities, much better than sharing a dorm.
Short walk to the beach.
Mega supermarkets are the way to go for cheap food - you can cook at the hostel.

pegs
regular

Post by pegs » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:15 am

hows the water temp round now? only got me boardies (thinkin positive) 2nd hand wetties around? i can tough it out a bit, but not keen on an early in the cold.