the surf's waaay too good today

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Going, going, goooooooooooooone.

North Easterly is into it. 2-3 foot at best.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:40 pm

munch wrote: You're got a new board ;)
for the moment :D
munch wrote:Now may I ask if i-butts has his grovey board back yet :?: :D
I keep taking it down and bringing it back home, something about the 'dead' jallopy. :twisted:
munch wrote:And it's good to hear it doesn't have any bumps in it, I've never thought accidently slipping with a plane and cutting a grove down a board/using your board as a wicket before you glass should be called design :lol:
It does have four fins and it is very very flat, and wide and short, and thick, and bright :wink: You probably thought I was describin’ myself for a minute :lol:
munch wrote:And I hope all is well with the golden child and family ;)
No, Golden Child has been in horspiddle since last Friday and is gettin’ twitchy and angry, just for a bloody change :evil: and I’m sick of looking longingly (just as well it isn’t opp Longy) out the bloody window wishing I were somewhere else.

Hope you ALL scored.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:48 pm

8) I love davo high on wed's and Tues :D Even more so love mates with P's. Baring $77 parking fines :evil:

No school ALL day yesterday, finished at 9 today once all you suckers (baring a few) are off to work 8)

Fun all round. Even had a mini session at winki for a bit, a couple of sets made it worthy for about 30 mins, before more beachy goodness.

Im in total Stoke mode, to bad im off to work now :cry: but ill be buzzing all night.

10am - 3pm of nothing but FUN.

papa
regular

Post by papa » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:46 pm

dammit__01 wrote:8) I love davo high on wed's and Tues :D Even more so love mates with P's. Baring $77 parking fines :evil:

No school ALL day yesterday, finished at 9 today once all you suckers (baring a few) are off to work 8)

Fun all round. Even had a mini session at winki for a bit, a couple of sets made it worthy for about 30 mins, before more beachy goodness.

Im in total Stoke mode, to bad im off to work now :cry: but ill be buzzing all night.

10am - 3pm of nothing but FUN.
dam you dammit :D

I want to see some more photos. Good claim in Butt's one though

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Karlos wrote:I really, really, reeeaaally hate work…
Same. Thats why i blew it off. :lol:

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Coops@DY wrote:
Some of us have our priorities right (wrong?) and are sitting here sunburnt as all fcuk pretending to do some work. Actually since everyone else has gone home, I don't need to pretend anymore - woohoo 8)

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:40 pm

AB must stand for Allan Byrne Designs still finding my feet on Nic's used one
:D :D :D could've had it wiv me today, ducked in at break for a bodysurf an got a great barrel roll at maroubra

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:54 pm

snakes wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
Some of us have our priorities right (wrong?) and are sitting here sunburnt as all fcuk pretending to do some work. Actually since everyone else has gone home, I don't need to pretend anymore - woohoo 8)
me three.... went surfin' all day, and 'godam' it was fun, it's good to feel this wrecked but for such a great cause... doing it again tomorrow too....

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:34 pm

surfin39 wrote:
snakes wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:
me three.... went surfin' all day, and 'godam' it was fun, it's good to feel this wrecked but for such a great cause... doing it again tomorrow too....
Where do you get your Dr's certificates :?: :arrow: :lol:

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:51 pm

i surfed 5 hours today :)
shame for skool i would have gone all day

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Tuesday I was in Wagga ... no surf there. Today I had to be in Newcastle so I stuck this nice little 6'3" AB in the back of the car, headed up the freeway at 5:00am, did some work and snuck out the door, across the park and hit Newi Beach at 10:00am.

Noice, very noice, warm, sunny, offshore, glassy and with 6ft sets rolling in. Got shacked, got hacked, copped a few on the head and thank you very much Huey.

Fark me .... only about 20 guys spread across the 3 main peaks. It was a wave park. I gotta go back to Newi tomorrow. :D

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Been on annual leave for the last week and a half and had to go back to work today.... :evil:

bastards, every last one of yas.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:27 pm

back from work and still buzzing. :D

Its the little things, like winki was possibly the worst break outof all i visited today, YET i had the most fun with 1 mate, and some fun fun fun sets.

DY.... drool

Wind, did i care? NO! It was un-crowded :P

ive discovered my future, doll bludger who goes surfing allllll day long 8)

But its all over for me :cry: at least until sunday. But once my mate gets some pics over my way, they should keep me going till them :D

ahhh... the sweet life.

christopher
regular

Post by christopher » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:20 am

i would just like to say the following:

***I...LOVE...Wollongong Uni, Nth Wollongong beach and its heaving barrells of death, and Sth Beach Wollongong with its wind protection and 3-5ft speed monsters (and other spots not too far :wink:) ***

managed to surf for three hours this morning and got the deepest widest most deadly barrell of my life, didn't make it, but got popped right out the back no worries when i fell into the trough after it closed out ahead of me.

had uni for 3 hours, then back down the beach i went, and surfing i did, and fun i had!!!!!!!!!!! :D

So far this year is shaping up as a killer year for surf.

BTW: i love those big sucky fast barrells where they peel realllllllllllly fast, and spit realllllllllly hard, and if you dont make it- you get reaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyy farked! :D got my fair share of injuries from today :D

Purple
Grommet

Post by Purple » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:07 am

aside: so many of you bludgers at "Uni" . doesn't anyone leave school these days to be a plumber, train driver, lift mechanic, carpenter ...

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:32 am

Purple wrote:aside: so many of you bludgers at "Uni" . doesn't anyone leave school these days to be a plumber, train driver, lift mechanic, carpenter ...
Don't think they'd fit the demographic of realsurf-forum users (read how you will :D ) if they did :arrow:
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:32 am

munch wrote:actually nick knack, you might not wanna do that as silly just realised why he's down there
No no no, it's better than you think...he came back to Sydney last night :lol: :lol: :lol:

mad
charger

Post by mad » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:50 am

More east in it today, still some nice size up to 5ft. Lower /mid tide will be good, bloody work :(

Mate was hassling for me to pull a sicky and travel to a quiet spot x, very tempted but still reckons it needs a coupel more feet and I'd rather be at work emptyuing my sea snot on this keyboard and bullshitting on the net whilst avoiding work. :cry: