REALSURF.COM IN THE MANLY DAILY. PAGE 9

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Alvin
Grommet

Post by Alvin » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:38 pm

Hound wrote:Ok, now I have something else to hate Manly council for, geez they give me the $hits, from everything from the bloody 'code of respect'!! the fun dodging, work shy pen pushers in that council are the most useless bunch of a$$holes I've ever heard of. The parking issues are ridiculous, I can't believe that the last time i went down to the council to get a new resident permit (one for the hanger) they told me I'd be fined if it was hung in my car whilst parking on the beach!!! wtf, why would that be doing anything wrong?

Also why the hell do the residents parking permits get issued at a different time to the beach tickets, means I have to go and visit the pr*cks twice, when surely just one sticker or hanger would surfice!!

oh and don't get me started on our gracious mayor.... complaining about noise from yoga, trying to close down anything in Manly except the variety stores (cause old folk love em) because he believes Manly should be like the french riveria!!!

sorry, shouldn't rant, but it's one pet hate and could have gone on a lot longer. (especially if i got onto commercial development approvals!!)

PS still live in manly, because it is an awesome place, but the council don't make it easy!!
Spot on - that MacDonald is a right twot. Sooner he's out the better.

moreorless
regular

Post by moreorless » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:46 pm

Could you all whinge a little bit louder. I can't quite hear you from here.

Butts

Post by Butts » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:51 pm

Councils:-

The ACT states
(1) A council has the following charter:
• to provide directly or on behalf of other levels of government, after due consultation, adequate, equitable and appropriate services and facilities for the community and to ensure that those services and facilities are managed efficiently and effectively
• to exercise community leadership
• to exercise its functions in a manner that is consistent with and actively promotes the principles of multiculturalism
• to promote and to provide and plan for the needs of children
• to properly manage, develop, protect, restore, enhance and conserve the environment of the area for which it is responsible, in a manner that is consistent with and promotes the principles of ecologically sustainable development
• to have regard to the long term and cumulative effects of its decisions
• to bear in mind that it is the custodian and trustee of public assets and to effectively account for and manage the assets for which it is responsible
• to facilitate the involvement of councillors, members of the public, users of facilities and services and council staff in the development, improvement and co-ordination of local government
• to raise funds for local purposes by the fair imposition of rates, charges and fees, by income earned from investments and, when appropriate, by borrowings and grants
• to keep the local community and the State government (and through it, the wider community) informed about its activities
• to ensure that, in the exercise of its regulatory functions, it acts consistently and without bias, particularly where an activity of the council is affected
• to be a responsible employer.

How many can any of you tick and say my Council does that :evil:

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:53 pm

halfy wrote:
has anyone got all 3 district parking permits? (there's 3 for the Northern Beaches right)
um no but i am getting my hands on 4! (including mosman) becoz i know a real estate agent.

my mate has pitwater, manly, and mosman... seems waringah isnt too easy to get a hold of, but theres plenty of free parking spots within 2 mins walk of warringah beaches.

yanks r us
charger

Post by yanks r us » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:56 pm

i say scrap the whole thing. why not have a northern beaches sticker..
the councils full of stuck up good for nothing individuals.

sands
Grommet

Post by sands » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 pm

Every winter Manly Council take away more car parking spots. This winter it was for the bike lane in Victoria Pde and the "Claytons" bus stop opposite Cafe Steyne and you can't park along Steyne from Wentworth until north of the Pacific.

I know this is becoming an issue with parents of Nippers with murmurings that, if the parking gets worse, they may start looking at other Surf Clubs.

Is there a master plan?

Nick-W
barnacle

Post by Nick-W » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:14 pm

I'll swap someone a Hills District sticker for an Northern Beaches permit?

stowawaygirl
regular

Post by stowawaygirl » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Had to be Manly doing this, the other 2 wouldn't bother. Bunch of gaylords.

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:46 pm

not to mention manlys stupidity thinking that earlier closing times will reduce problems.
more like people get kicked out at 2 am... theres no kebabs = angry hungry drunk people... of course there will be problems... keep the steyne open all hours and let the kebab shops do whatever the hell they want!

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:17 pm

Someone said on Sunday on the news there was a "gang incident" @ Manly, any truth?

Anyone want to swap a Manly permit for a case of beer/bottle of scotch?

Hound
Grommet

Post by Hound » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:39 pm

Gumby mentioned it was a gang of 'ethnics'..... the Mayor is scottish, is that ethnic enough?

yanks r us
charger

Post by yanks r us » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:00 pm

ill swap a warringah sticker for an aussie meat pie :D :D

halfy
Local
Location: Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink

Post by halfy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:13 pm

....and by aussie meat pie your referring to sex (no strings attached) right?

PS- its a crime to deny a drunk kebabs at 2am, ask your local council about it :wink:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:17 pm

Nick-W wrote:You are all dirty thieves... the council does a darn hard job to make your living areas the wonderful places that they are. They have dropped the Latte Tax of 1983 for one thing, something that we are all grateful for.
If you are wondering, I wrote the article and am very proud to have exposed this underground business and crime ridden web-site.

You are all thieves and I will hunt you down. KK, watch out, here I come, ready or not.
Hey Nick...there can only be one f-cked up,irrational, underhanded, angry individual here...and that's me......unless of course you've just raided your mums medicine cabinet.
Just had a surf and have calmed down for now.However i did manage to get my dog to lay a big fat Danish pastry in the middle of the beach in protest.

rae
Local

Post by rae » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:04 pm

Shaunm wrote:Someone said on Sunday on the news there was a "gang incident" @ Manly, any truth?
Yep, my brother was down there at the time and i saw it on the news. Just on the news they forgot to mention these "gangs" were 15 yr old kids :roll:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:06 pm

rae wrote:
Shaunm wrote:Someone said on Sunday on the news there was a "gang incident" @ Manly, any truth?
Yep, my brother was down there at the time and i saw it on the news. Just on the news they forgot to mention these "gangs" were 15 yr old kids :roll:
What type of gangs?

Nick-W
barnacle

Post by Nick-W » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:22 pm

Supposedly the Manly paper photographer was caught up in it when he tried to get some snap shots. he had to go and sit it out in the pub when the kids turned on him.

Manly, who would have thought? O wait, Manly is the new Cronulla. Like pink is the new black :roll:

Boozer
barnacle

Post by Boozer » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:32 pm

Nick-W wrote:Supposedly the Manly paper photographer was caught up in it when he tried to get some snap shots.
And therein lies the problem.

What was essentially a blue amongst some grommets gets blown up as gang violence. Don't forget to make a not so subtle reference to the "r" word.