Coronavirus - the good and the bad

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

Coronavirus - the good and the bad

Post by Larry » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Try limiting yourself to just three toilet tissues per cleansing application. The consequences can be serious if you have difficulties navigating your way around down there.

Having to use Sorbent Frangipani (with vitamin E) tissues to blow your nose. Even your grandmother wouldn't wear that fragrance as a perfume. Mine anyway. If she was around. Which she isn't. But I know a few guys who would.

You know those people you always try to avoid when you see them heading your way down the street? Well, now you can because it's legal.

Now everyone's exercising on a bike on the footpath and they're coming at you from behind doing a silent 40 kph without a bell and you're supposed to look out for them?

You've got a boss who loses it and yells at everyone, spittle flying. Walk away. Then report him.

Those folks who spend all day playing the pokies at the local RSL, how good must their bank accounts look lately?

Now that everyone can surf twelve hours a day every day of the week - guess what - the crowd's are down. Seriously.

Backpackers. What else to do but grab a deckchair, sit in the sun by the highway and wave them goodbye.

The Chief Accountant who wants a chat about a few discrepancies in the last set of accounts you prepared for him? Cough once gently before entering his office. Then go home. No worries.

That bloke at Ballina north wall sucking back on a number prior to hitting the waves - which by the way are looking extremely good - nobody should be having that much pleasure these days, bastard.

How is it that Queenslanders have stopped us from going up there when they can still come down here?

Nobody's checking fishing licences any more. So save six bucks on a three-day licence and score beaucoup de free dinners, if you're good enough.

Passing around a joint is illegal in so many ways, better for everyone to smoke their own then stand around outside observing social distances.

That guy who just sneezed in the supermarket, don't go anywhere near his aisle for the next 24 hours.

You want to make sure folks obey the social distance rule? Carry around a sharpened tomato stake. See the fear.

Never get in the way of a middle-aged woman and a shelf of toilet paper.

Buy a half kilo of fresh-caught prawns, take them down to the beach and don't share any. This is the new way.

The bloke in the office who always chews on his pencils at meetings. Give him a smack on the back of the head, same for the guy who uses the same hanky all day.

The in-laws you owe dinner to, the one booked for next week? Forgeddaboudit. That's illegal as well.

Whatever you do, don't go into the bottle shop and ask for a case of Corona.

A man can only buy TWO bottles of rum at a time? This is draconian. And still nobody in this country stocks Myers Jamaican Punch. This is unacceptable.

Drop a cream cake by the local cop shop, those blokes are doing it hard .. plus they have good memories and that can't be bad.

Smoking doesn't cure coronavirus, it just gives the little bastard a bad habit.

Making debt-collecting an illegal enterprise makes me feel warm all over.

Remember the gambling and liquor lobbyists, the blokes who had the NSW government in their pocket? All they have left in there is some loose change right now. So give generously.

Thanks for getting this far, and if you've got the bug I hope you get well soon.

ctd
barnacle

Re: Coronavirus - the good and the bad

Post by ctd » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:34 pm

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Anyone who pays $200 for a bottle of rum needs me to help him drink it .. and don’t I know you from somewhere cdt?

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:07 pm

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Panther piss yuke, a bloke should know better than drink rum out of a fancy bottle.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 am

Larry wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm
Panther piss yuke, a bloke should know better than drink rum out of a fancy bottle.
Queenslanders
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:15 am

Larry wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm
No Larry, this is good stuff, the real McCoy so to speak. All the way from St Kitts in the Caribbean and rarer than sunstroke in a pandemic.

There's a Rum Bar (not to be confused with the dance) at the Breakfast Creek Hotel, and this my dear fellow is by far my favourite tipple when it comes to sipping cane cutters cordial.

We'll makes a pirate out of youse yet.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:53 am

Dunno about coronavirus isolation .. I haven't been out of the house since I drank a bottle of 75.9% Inner Circle one night in 1958 and burnt my lips off.

--++sunstroke++--
Owl status

Post by --++sunstroke++-- » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 pm

The Good: I won't get corona virus

The Bad: None of you cnuts will get coronavirus :( :( :(
What's the difference between Elizabeth Warren & Kamala Harris?

One's pretending to be an Indian & the others pretending she isn't!

taykes

Post by taykes » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Larry wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm
Try limiting yourself to just three toilet tissues per cleansing application. The consequences can be serious if you have difficulties navigating your way around down there.

Having to use Sorbent Frangipani (with vitamin E) tissues to blow your nose. Even your grandmother wouldn't wear that fragrance as a perfume. Mine anyway. If she was around. Which she isn't. But I know a few guys who would.

You know those people you always try to avoid when you see them heading your way down the street? Well, now you can because it's legal.

Now everyone's exercising on a bike on the footpath and they're coming at you from behind doing a silent 40 kph without a bell and you're supposed to look out for them?

You've got a boss who loses it and yells at everyone, spittle flying. Walk away. Then report him.

Those folks who spend all day playing the pokies at the local RSL, how good must their bank accounts look lately?

Now that everyone can surf twelve hours a day every day of the week - guess what - the crowd's are down. Seriously.

Backpackers. What else to do but grab a deckchair, sit in the sun by the highway and wave them goodbye.

The Chief Accountant who wants a chat about a new online reviewer demo and a few discrepancies in the last set of accounts you prepared for him? Cough once gently before entering his office. Then go home. No worries.

That bloke at Ballina north wall sucking back on a number prior to hitting the waves - which by the way are looking extremely good - nobody should be having that much pleasure these days, bastard.

How is it that Queenslanders have stopped us from going up there when they can still come down here?

Nobody's checking fishing licences any more. So save six bucks on a three-day licence and score beaucoup de free dinners, if you're good enough.

Passing around a joint is illegal in so many ways, better for everyone to smoke their own then stand around outside observing social distances.

That guy who just sneezed in the supermarket, don't go anywhere near his aisle for the next 24 hours.

You want to make sure folks obey the social distance rule? Carry around a sharpened tomato stake. See the fear.

Never get in the way of a middle-aged woman and a shelf of toilet paper.

Buy a half kilo of fresh-caught prawns, take them down to the beach and don't share any. This is the new way.

The bloke in the office who always chews on his pencils at meetings. Give him a smack on the back of the head, same for the guy who uses the same hanky all day.

The in-laws you owe dinner to, the one booked for next week? Forgeddaboudit. That's illegal as well.

Whatever you do, don't go into the bottle shop and ask for a case of Corona.

A man can only buy TWO bottles of rum at a time? This is draconian. And still nobody in this country stocks Myers Jamaican Punch. This is unacceptable.

Drop a cream cake by the local cop shop, those blokes are doing it hard .. plus they have good memories and that can't be bad.

Smoking doesn't cure coronavirus, it just gives the little bastard a bad habit.

Making debt-collecting an illegal enterprise makes me feel warm all over.

Remember the gambling and liquor lobbyists, the blokes who had the NSW government in their pocket? All they have left in there is some loose change right now. So give generously.

Thanks for getting this far, and if you've got the bug I hope you get well soon.
Due to covid, 1 year of my life just destroyed, i can`t say it in another way. All habits and hobbies just went away. No travel at all, troubles with work and so on. It is really awful, that it happened at all. I can`t imagine real number of people that suffered from this virus, but i hope people will keep in mind all precautionary methods and we`ll enjoy our life at 100%. Sorry for being annoying, but that is sore subject for me.

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:37 am

Good to hear from you taykes, where are you from and where are you living?
Covid life has been a very different experience for some of us.
Your post made me reflect on my own life in this pandemic and I’d have to say the whole thing has mostly meant positive changes since it all began, which seems a bizarre thing to say.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

Wyre
Owl status

Post by Wyre » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:22 am

Taykes is taking a very dim view of larry’s Post here. Fair call
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:04 pm

marauding mullet wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:37 am
Your post made me reflect on my own life in this pandemic and I’d have to say the whole thing has mostly meant positive changes since it all began, which seems a bizarre thing to say.
I'm guessing Canada.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

taykes

Post by taykes » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:26 pm

marauding mullet wrote:
I`m from Canada. My main message was that it was a really tough time. I have realized all changes in my life and it`s get much easier to live now. I want to say that that this period of time made all of us "comprehend" our life aims and values and after that period, i`m really thinking more positive and simple about a lot of things. Sorry guys, mb it sounds a bit annoying, but i just don`t told it to anyone. Thanks for your support! :)

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:08 pm

taykes wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:26 pm
marauding mullet wrote:
I`m from Canada. My main message was that it was a really tough time. I have realized all changes in my life and it`s get much easier to live now. I want to say that that this period of time made all of us "comprehend" our life aims and values and after that period, i`m really thinking more positive and simple about a lot of things. Sorry guys, mb it sounds a bit annoying, but i just don`t told it to anyone. Thanks for your support! :)
Oh I know it’s been tough for Canadians don’t worry Taykes. It’s been very tough for some Australians too, especially in the state of Victoria, but where I am we’ve had very few lock downs and only for a few days.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:18 pm

taykes wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:26 pm
marauding mullet wrote:
Taykes, I have a son who's a fireman in Mississauga so I've got a good idea how tough it's been for you. Hang in there mate.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 pm

Any idea why Canada isn't getting vaccinated Trev?
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:52 am

offshore1 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 pm
Any idea why Canada isn't getting vaccinated Trev?
They are.
Son just had his second jab the other day.
Beanpole

Skipper