Looking to buy a >9ft mal

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Looking to buy a >9ft mal

Post by Beanpole » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:03 am

So I was looking at CJ Nelsons thunderbolt boards. His longboard model is The Australian Slasher that it says he developed in conjunction with Ian Chisolm from South Coast. If I look on the South Coast site they have the same model hand shaped with a reference to CJ Nelson having some input into the design.
How much input would that be really?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:51 am

https://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com.a ... longboard/

This board features a single concave running from the nose through to the midpoint creating lift and stability while nose riding. A drawn out accentuated double concave through to the tail assists with speed and flow through turns. The triple stringers, rolled deck and double wrapped rails provides a strengthened exo skeleton under superior lamination, the bullet proof construction of the boulevard is made up of a super dense eps foam core and 6oz glass reinforced with + 6oz and an extra 6oz glass on the deck alone.

EPS foam / 6oz + 6oz + 6oz / 6oz + 6oz bottom / Triple Stringer $599.

I'm very happy with mine.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Yes, they look good. I'm actually looking for more of a high performance epoxy board that's light. I've been riding my old board a lot lately and while the weight is a big advantage in a lot of situations I want something I can carry effortlessly and chuck around.
Re: the CJ Nelson model....I was just interested in the franchising angle.
I mean it's promoted by him pretty extensively.
Didn't even know he had been to Australia....not that I was paying much attention.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:52 am

buddy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:24 pm
Says the bloke who surfs indo on mini mals ;)
I just found this while looking for discussions about the pro’s cons of 9ft< Meals…. I’m sorry i didn’t pay this comments the attention it deserved when it was fresh….

That’s good sledging right there people….
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.