Dvs Wasp

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Edgell green peas

Dvs Wasp

Post by Edgell green peas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi everyone,
First post from mid time lurker.

I'm curious about the Dvs Wasp, and notice a few people here have them, and praise them.
I see Davros gets his custom made, but has anyone tried the Eps boards from The Surfboard Agency.

I notice that all of the sizes from 5' 4'' to 6' 2'' all come as 21'' wide and 2 3/4'' thick.
Does this sound right, as I thought that normally, the 3 way dimensions all increase slightly in proportion,
to maintain a similar plane shape.

JaM71
charger

Re: Dvs Wasp

Post by JaM71 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:48 am

I"d get one from Dick himself mate. He loves a yarn, has great stories & you won"t need to worry about the dims. Just tell him the length, he"ll do the rest and it"ll work. And, it"ll be cheaper!

I had a 5"6 and remember that it was really quick. Surfed very tic tacky ie short, sharp, quick turns. Cuttlefish has a 6" which he runs with twin fins up front and nubsters. I just used the dvs semi keels that came with the board.

Dick also does a slim wasp, I saw a 5"10 recently which looked really sweet.
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Edgell green peas

Post by Edgell green peas » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks for getting back, JaM71.

Do you remember the width and thickness of the 5' 6''.

And those short sharp turns, were they pivoting turns off the fins or on rail?

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm

I think it was around 21" wide, def remember the nose & tail were both 16" wide. Thickness is a tricky one because of the concave deck & the deep concaves dick does. His boards don't have any dims just the length.

Yep off the fins, I remember it being a fast board, a good little fish...... But not as good as my Torus Twin from Gary McNeill

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Saw a DVS fish in the racks out front of a surf shop in Milton as I drove through this morning. Nearly crashed. Wanted to stop but would've bought it guaranteed. Need a quiver cull, it was a sign

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:07 am

We were checking out the groovy looking DHD batik patterned fish yesterday. My son was keen to buy one.....but not at that price. Nice looking boards though.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Beanpole wrote:We were checking out the groovy looking DHD batik patterned fish yesterday. My son was keen to buy one.....but not at that price. Nice looking boards though.
There will be some on evil bay in 2-3 months :-D-:

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon May 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Ha! I missed this thread. Sold my WASPs I loved them but they were was too much volume for me. Dick just did his thing which is fine of course.

BTW I've seen 2 shops sell the Agency version for 650

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:46 am

Holy shit. Just fondled some DVS boards. My goodness they are thick. Not just thick, bulbous thick. 6' micro would be shitballs fun in just about anything not pitching up to a bit overhead I reckon.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Yeah insane right.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Davros wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 pm
Yeah insane right.
Yep. I can see how they'd be hard for some people to get into. Unbelievable grovel boards I'm guessing but if you wanted to use the rails it'd be a little tricky! I'd love one lol. Place has a 5'6" wasp as a try out board, which was out. Might try it.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Yeh super flat ride that kind of snakes along off the back of a huge v-concave. So much fun but a bit limited

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Davros wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 pm
Yeh super flat ride that kind of snakes along off the back of a huge v-concave. So much fun but a bit limited
Did he thin out the rails on your all rounder?

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Yeh mate but it was still a bit too flat, however if I was coming back from an injury and wanted a bit of performance I'd def look at one