Lost burial ground of the trade ins

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Lost burial ground of the trade ins

Post by Beanpole » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:50 am

Anyone ever worked out where all the trade ins go?
I have never ever seen an old board of mine in the line up or in a shop anywhere. Its like they get shipped to WA or something. Landfill?

Also how come I never see any of those wood veneer tuflites in the line up anymore?

Have they all delaminated?

Are they all hung over the bar?

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Good question, I know about 15 years ago this guy from sth oz came to my local shop and bought the joint out not one 2nd hand board left.He said he was starting a surf school and wanted some popular brand names.Me thinks he was starting a plantation and needed some quality seeds. :wink:

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:17 pm

Headed off to the Dark Continent on a slow boat, so probably sitting washed up on the beach near Somalia somewhere. The Phantom has one in his cave and is trying to work out wtf it is.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: Lost burial ground of the trade ins

Post by oldman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Beanpole wrote:Also how come I never see any of those wood veneer tuflites in the line up anymore?

I gotta bamboo board which is about 7 years old. Apart from a few ding repairs it's in great nick and still surf it regularly. No depressions at all, if it can't break the bamboo it doesn't hurt it. My favourite all-time board. :lol:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 pm

I've seen boards come in and out in an hour at Dripping Wet and I've also seen them got to the rental rack and to a surf school up north.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:01 pm

oldman wrote:
Beanpole wrote:Also how come I never see any of those wood veneer tuflites in the line up anymore?

I gotta bamboo board which is about 7 years old. Apart from a few ding repairs it's in great nick and still surf it regularly. No depressions at all, if it can't break the bamboo it doesn't hurt it. My favourite all-time board. :lol:
They were some nice looking boards from memory. I actually had a bit of a hunt to find one at one stage but got the impression they'd gone out of business.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:31 pm

So true, and not just trade ins I've shifted a shit load of boards via ebay and what not, yet I've never seen one out in the surf. weird.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:17 pm

12 monts ago I traded in a 9'4 expoy, it sold last week :lol:
Never confuse ambition with ability

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 pm

i ran into one my home made models quite randomly about 8 years later :shock:

i had stop the kid and check it right out....kinda freaked him out i think :lol:

the shape suxed....but gee, frocking better glass job than u see in the shops theses days 8) :!:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:54 pm

I've come across two, both several years down the track and still going fine. One was actually with a friend of a friend....although neither of us knew about it. The other was a total stranger who had no idea what i was talking about. How difficult is it to understand "I used to own that board" ?

Still, thats only 2 out of a couple of dozen.

On the otherhand, when I was in Hawaii in 99, I bought an old Local Motion 9'6" at the Haliewa surf shop and it was very well known. Most days people would come up to me and let me know that I had Toms old board and what a cracking board it was. I never met Tom but it was a cracking board. Plus, it gave me a headstart in the battle to be accepted by the local guys in the lineup.

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:01 pm

^^^TKK! is that really you? It's been over 2 yrs since your last post. Welcome back :lol:
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks Ricky, its good to be back. In hindsight, I guess you could call it a sabbatical. 8)

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Anyone see my Vudu blue epoxy 607 with clouds :?: Meant to look like on simpsons :(

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:42 pm

WANDERER wrote:So true, and not just trade ins I've shifted a shit load of boards via ebay and what not, yet I've never seen one out in the surf. weird.
Check Ryde pool.