who can noseride

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

can you noseride at all

can u stick your toes over the nose cross stepping up there
32%
can u hang ten on the nose cross stepping up there
24%
can u stick your toes over the nose shuffling up there
15%
can u hang ten on the nose shuffling up there
No votes
are u nearly there and cross stepping
3%
are u neary there but shuffling
26%

Total votes: 34

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:30 am

bondi has to be one of the worst waves for longboarding. it's a shifty close out mostly. on the odd day that it does line up it's still better for shortboards. i hate seeing longboards in the line up (i shortboard) 'cos mostly they're ridden by people who can't or shouldn't and they end flying around the place in the inevitable shut downs. horrible. nothing against mals - watching a good rider like joel t or alex knost is a pleasure. but even they wouldn't ride a log at bondi i'm sure...

bondi
regular

Re

Post by bondi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:50 am

funny that phil w - because alex knost, tom wagener, dane peterson, belinda baggs, thomas campbell etc were all in bondi about 1mth ago and logged for 3 days straight - they were touring for Sprout and they certainly didnt make it over your way!

why would all the soul riders be drawn to bondi if its a closeout shore dump for a wee shortboarder like yourself...

they have a forum for shortboarders!

;)

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:31 pm

bloody hell! getting evicted form a forum for not having longbaord credentials! i used to own a 9'6 noserider and i like longboarding. but doing it at bondi/tama/bronte is not worth the hassle. the shortboard/fish is way better for the majority of conditions. my point is that most people are simply not skilled enough to ride longboards well in the conditions there. and that mostly the conditions can be ridden way better on another board. i wonder if alex knost etc are dying to leave the perfect longboard points of cali and get back and to shifty old bondi?!!

bondi
regular

Re

Post by bondi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:21 pm

your agro type is best kept off the longboard and back on the shortboard, you obviously couldnt ride it properly in the first place if you've shifted back to a short board - and battling there too eh!

see ya phil!

;)

WANDERER
Owl status

Re: Re

Post by WANDERER » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:38 pm

bondi wrote:your agro type is best kept off the longboard and back on the shortboard, you obviously couldnt ride it properly in the first place if you've shifted back to a short board - and battling there too eh!

see ya phil!

;)
Buddy, I gotta say that as a somewhat decorated veteran of log riding, you really are makin a tit of yaself, this "us and them" talk is bollox, i really dont like it, I judge surfers on their abilities not their equipment, i know ya probably feel this way coz of some of the flack youve copped from shortboard only nazis whilst riding a log, but really ya need to rise above it, gain a higher level of maturity about it, i say this in a friendly manner as i was once into this us and them crud to, but trust me there is no truth to it whatsoever.

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:54 pm

bondi - looks like you're the agro type to me! yes, i'll stick to my shortboard and i'll still curse the many, many incompetent mal owners who fling their unweildy and innapropiate craft in my direction every time a 3ft set arrives. BUT, and this is where you're missing my drift, I'll still appreciate great mal riding when i see it - which I probably won't when I see you and your brethren go wobbling down the face of a close out left in the middle of bondi without doing a damn thing - let alone NOSE RIDE! :D

bondi
regular

Re

Post by bondi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:03 pm

stick to your tufflite boards phil!

wanderer, i take your view entirely - i just dont take to agro shortboarderes bagging out log riders. i ride shorties as much as i do logs for the record.

this guy phil is the pits and only came into the log forum to stir things up and pass his bad energy around!

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:08 pm

My energy is all bad. And I'm going spray my tuflite shortboard black and run down every kook mal rider I see floundering in the white water - in the hope that one of them is YOU, BONDI! EAT MY KOOK KILLING MACHINE!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:11 pm

'bondi', bit touchy about your local i see :lol:

Troy_Cisco_Kid
regular

Post by Troy_Cisco_Kid » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Open invite for the Bondi Takayama riders to take 'em out DY point , suck up or lugger at Longy ......

Hangten wrote:All three ride Takayama's - great point break Californian tankers - wish there was a few more point breaks on the Northern Beaches - instead of all this beach break rubbish!

Troy_Cisco_Kid
regular

Post by Troy_Cisco_Kid » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:40 pm

BTW , is Reef Riders on this Sunday ? and if so is this the first Sunday of the yearly comp or is it calendar year ?

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:19 am

yep, second comp of the season, July was the first.... ummm... obviously...

larry log
Grommet

Re: Re

Post by larry log » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:40 pm

actually i do have an idea and i don't only surf in the summer like you may have thought. i usually surf north av in summer cause it doesn't get the noreasters. and no it is not crowded if you get it at the right time of day. i am not bagging out bondi at all i am sure that it is great. alls i m sayin is i will leave it to you. and the only reason i came over at night was to visit some friends from O.S. that were there.
bondi wrote:you've got no idea - typical, you come over here at nite cause there is nothing up there, then you bag it out by day.....

come for a winter surf - when the swell is best and the waves break best...

whats this summer only surfing crap!?

palmy and av are more crowded than bondi in the summer!

;)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:54 pm

philw wrote:My energy is all bad. And I'm going spray my tuflite shortboard black and run down every kook mal rider I see floundering in the white water - in the hope that one of them is YOU, BONDI! EAT MY KOOK KILLING MACHINE!
EEK :roll: a shortboarder on a tuflite is going to run over all the kook mal riders. You must hate your board more than the mal riders philw :D
Sounds like trying to intimidate a short sighted rhino to me :D

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:26 pm

Beanpole wrote:Hey Bondi, do you actually see many guys noseriding on their mals at Bondi :?:
Check out the pic on the front page today from Aquabumps - looks like someone was definitely giving it a go at Bondi this morning. Beautiful pic.

philw
Local

Post by philw » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:56 pm

come on, as if i'd really soil my beautiful tuflite shortboard.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:59 pm

Hey I said no guys nose ride at bondi.
Sorry Bondi, I just couldn't resist a bit of a dig. I mean I'm not talking about progressive carvers who don't nose ride. I'm talking about your garden variety bondi longboarder who just stands there. Of course you can nose ride guys, just like I choose not to ride a 5'6" fish even though I'm 86 kilos :D
As Tripitaka once said"the eunuch should not take pride in his celibacy" :lol:
People do noseride at Bondi. I think I've noticed the Takayama trio a couple of times. But guys you must surf somewhere else most of the time. Nice of you to nominate yourselves as the standouts though :? .

larry log
Grommet

Post by larry log » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:58 pm

nicely put