Midlengths

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

batoes
charger

Re: Midlengths

Post by batoes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:52 pm

I love those boards - but had a full incident with them on instagram and they banned me...How does it ride?
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Beerfan wrote:
batoes wrote:i picked up this 6'6 hull at my local surf shop last year. Great fun - seems to go in a lot of different waves and you can get up on the nose (at my weight).

You simply must tell me all about that one mate, looks awesome!!!

A guy named Sean Cooper shaped it out of Warilla - backyarder that makes fish, logs and hulls - cost me $500 new at Shellharbour Surf and Skate :shock: I'm running a 9inch alkali lovelace fin in it and it is glidey and fast. There was one down there a little while back - go and check it out!
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Sean Cooper?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mttyfive

Post by mttyfive » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:30 pm

batoes wrote:

I love those boards - but had a full incident with them on instagram and they banned me...How does it ride?
Definitely took a couple of surfs to get used to due to the slight rolled entry and working out the different way of surfing. Turns slightly from the mid point but really whips around when you get your back foot over the fin.
I could really feel the rolled belly acting kind of like a fulcrum point rocking easily from rail to rail, much different to a concave bottom which is what I'm used to.
Really enjoying the flow and carve this board allows and the time you get to read the wave- irons out your style which is good. Pretty fast to as it's quite flat with a bit of lift in the tail for turns.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:43 pm

mttyfive wrote:
batoes wrote:

Definitely took a couple of surfs to get used to due to the slight rolled entry and working out the different way of surfing. Turns slightly from the mid point but really whips around when you get your back foot over the fin.
I could really feel the rolled belly acting kind of like a fulcrum point rocking easily from rail to rail, much different to a concave bottom which is what I'm used to.
Really enjoying the flow and carve this board allows and the time you get to read the wave- irons out your style which is good. Pretty fast to as it's quite flat with a bit of lift in the tail for turns.
cool - how's it go in smaller stuff? Was this a custom?
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Trev wrote:Sean Cooper?
Yep - never met him. Have seen a few of his logs and fish out at The Farm.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Probably not, Trev

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:42 pm

alakaboo wrote:Probably not, Trev
I know that 'boo.
Just surprised is all.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:03 am

Beau young has a website. I like the look of the wombat mk2

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:10 am

I had a few goes on one. Paddles like a short board and rides like a long board. I didn't like it. To much board for what it does IMHO. Half decent fish much easier and more fun to ride.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:39 am

Davros wrote:I had a few goes on one. Paddles like a short board and rides like a long board. I didn't like it. To much board for what it does IMHO. Half decent fish much easier and more fun to ride.
he surfs them so well in those clips.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:51 am

he is Beau Young :)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:04 am

Davros wrote:I had a few goes on one. Paddles like a short board and rides like a long board. I didn't like it. To much board for what it does IMHO. Half decent fish much easier and more fun to ride.
How big was it relative to you mate? For me I'd want glide and trim, but the option of smooth cutbacks, so I'd get a bigger one. 7'4-7'6". If you go too short on those they suck unless you're a HPSB type surfer, which I'm definately not. I'd whack a big greenough in it and leave the side bites out

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Its was 6'10 and I'm 6'2/3. It did perform beautiful cut backs. I rode as a quad and a 2+1...2+1 was so much better.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Stumbled upon some extra coin so have ordered a 7'4 DVS 2+1 All Rounder for 1-5ft waves. A total impulse buy.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 am

Nice

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Wed May 04, 2016 5:55 am

Davros wrote:Stumbled upon some extra coin so have ordered a 7'4 DVS 2+1 All Rounder for 1-5ft waves. A total impulse buy.
Used to have an 8'er.
Great board.
The 7'4" could be a one board quiver.
It will handle solid waves too.
:B
Only a rat can win the rat race.