shoelace savers.

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

pony_fag
regular

shoelace savers.

Post by pony_fag » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:48 pm

Hey people,

Surfing at winki today nearly lost my fin when i duck dived a set, now im think i want some fin savers, is there any special way to tie the knot etc when having those shoe lace savers because i thogh if your foot came out couldn't your foot just slide through the lace?

cheers mike

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:11 am

How was it 2day? Surfed it for 7 hours yesterday, aswell as catching a few out at deadmans.

End result from wearing no socks:

Also lost my fin, but luckily some guy found it and i got it back. thank god he found it cos i lost one the other week and ended up paying $100 for a new pair :evil: and it was the 2nd time id used the new pair.
Ka ChInG !!!!!

pony_fag
regular

Post by pony_fag » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:13 am

small but fun as, bower was wicked yesterday had heaps of fun, except for the kneeboarder who dropped in on anyone trying to go deeper than him.wanker.

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:29 pm

Money man thats visual proof of dedication... and a bit of pain...

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:05 pm

Go to BSC & get proper flipper savers, don't waste your time with shoelaces. And Moneyman - OUCH :shock:

snakes

pony_fag
regular

Post by pony_fag » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Yeh i probably will but i just bought a new board and have run out of moolah, just need a substitute in the mean time, so is there any special way or do youjust tie em to your fins and tie them to your ankles so they arenice and snug?

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Nah, it didnt hurt because my feet went numb within an hour. I also cut the back of my heel and when i got out the front and back of my foot was red with the blood that had been coming out during the session

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ka ChInG !!!!!

Alderaan

Post by Alderaan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:44 pm

Yeah the shoe lace fin savers have a bit of a twist in the knot but they are so reliable im never gonna look back now. Make sure the laces arent 100% cotton tho otherwise they wont undo after being in the water

when u tie the laces: hold the lace so the two ends are touching then tie off the loop end (sorry its hard to explain). Then the actual knot around your ankle is a normal bow except before u do the double knot put one loop through the other and then finnish doing it

thats not very clear but i really cant explain it any better, the movement mag from a couple of issues back haas a diagram and everything in the front section of the mag, cant even tell u what issue tho, soz but hope that helped

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:55 pm

i use shoe laces and i recon they work just as well as fin savers and are more comfy 4 sure...... my fins have come off about 3 times in big surf at the laces have held them every time so.....
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:12 pm

moneyman thats shithouse :? as in the way ur toes got so nastily ripped.. what fins u usin?? n was it a continuous 7 hours in the surf?
ive had sum hell long sessions n never had anything compared to that.. go tuff feet...

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:47 pm

Well i got out at around 7.30 and left the water at around 3, but there was a 30min lunch break where i chomped down on a banana bread slice and had a coke at around 12.

Just buy some of the $10 pair from SDS, work well and i have never had a problem. only reason i took them off is that im so impatient at the start of the surf i cant be stuffed putting them on :? :?
Ka ChInG !!!!!

hillsbodyboarder
regular

Post by hillsbodyboarder » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:03 pm

pony_*** wrote:Yeh i probably will but i just bought a new board and have run out of moolah, just need a substitute in the mean time, so is there any special way or do youjust tie em to your fins and tie them to your ankles so they arenice and snug?
i think in an early movement issue, matt lackey shows how to use the laces as fin savers...
QCD- its here

pony_fag
regular

Post by pony_fag » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:31 am

Does anyone have this issue that they could scan in? or the issue number, so i can search for it?

hillsbodyboarder
regular

Post by hillsbodyboarder » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:20 pm

pony_*** wrote:Does anyone have this issue that they could scan in? or the issue number, so i can search for it?
my money is on issue 1.
if it isnt.
it is definately in issue 2.
have a browse.
let me know how u go.
QCD- its here

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:05 pm

I use fin savers and they have not been close to falling off. A kid yesterday had laces didn't come off

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:18 pm

hillsbodyboarder wrote:
pony_*** wrote:Does anyone have this issue that they could scan in? or the issue number, so i can search for it?
my money is on issue 1.
if it isnt.
it is definately in issue 2.
have a browse.
let me know how u go.
Dont be so greedy hills i wanna know too...
Yeh definately scan it i wanna use laces too im sick of fat fin savers it feels like ive got kankles...

HAL
Grommet

Post by HAL » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:30 am

My god, you pack of pansies.

Grab a shoelace, wrap it around your fin, tie a knot in it. Now tie a bow around your ankle and adjust the lace length with a pair of scissors.

:roll:
talk is cheap

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:44 pm

HAL wrote:My god, you pack of pansies.

Grab a shoelace, wrap it around your fin, tie a knot in it. Now tie a bow around your ankle and adjust the lace length with a pair of scissors.

:roll:
Well sweetheart in case you didnt find it blatantly obvious like everyone else we w3ant to know the best way to use them so we dont cut off our circulation to our foot and or they come off easily... That why we want to know the best way...