Beau Day Power, should or shouldnt?

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Blind
regular

Beau Day Power, should or shouldnt?

Post by Blind » Sun May 23, 2004 6:41 pm

Know someone whose selling it for 120, practically new, top condition, is it worth it or should i go for a new board of my choice

keeping in mind im a povo grommet who still needs to scrape enough cash together for a steamer this winter...

*in other words, does it ride well :?:

Right now i got a shatty board which has been bashed against the rocks one to many times...

Link to the board
http://au.store.yahoo.com/epposbodyboar ... owser.html
Cheers

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

pointer

Post by pointer » Sun May 23, 2004 6:50 pm

mate,

$120 is a bargain for a good Mike Stewart, i think anyway. This is a question basically for marcus

MARCUS WHERE ARE YA

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sun May 23, 2004 7:41 pm

jeez, i dont know, im no expert on new boards thats for sure, havent paid for one in about 10 years.
sounds like a good deal to me tho.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Blind
regular

Post by Blind » Sun May 23, 2004 8:06 pm

the guru of bodyboarding on realsurf.com doesn't know!? pffft what a let down :shock:

i think ill go for it, seems alright looking at different sites etc

wouldnt mind hearing from someone whose tried it or something though

also do u reckon like an extra inch to big on the board will make much difference (i dont know how big it is but the guy who owns it is like 18 and im 16 so there would be a size difference... or so you would think)

meh what am i on bout, a begga cant be a chooser now can they...
Cheers

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sun May 23, 2004 10:34 pm

a good rule of thumb (for me anyway) is to get a board that when leant up against you standing up, comes up to your belly button, for me, i go for one 2 inches below that, as i like a bit of less volume for duckdiving, and im a tallish guy.
dont worry about the age of the guy your buying it off, just go for the length thats right for you, too small and you wont be able to go fast, catch waves or pull fweesixties.
but a board thats too big, you may find you slide out, cant duckdive or have problems riding a barrels shocky.
try to get something not more than an inch away from what your used to riding.
its all personal choice tho, hope that helps, the non guru.
marcus
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Mon May 24, 2004 4:49 pm

thats a bargain...

nick_inthesurf

Post by nick_inthesurf » Mon May 24, 2004 5:00 pm

the belly button measurments are ok, but the best and most accurate way to measure what board is right for you is from your bottom lip to you knee. I found a link a little while ago that had all the things to pick the best board for you that included weight and height into the equation... ill post back with the link if i can find it later.

Linear
Grommet

Post by Linear » Mon May 24, 2004 6:56 pm

As David Lo Pan says in Big Trouble in Little China- " Take it, take that bitch!" I have ridden a Beau Day and I can assure you that it's a quality board. You have lucked in on a great deal.

incontrol
Grommet

Post by incontrol » Mon May 24, 2004 9:58 pm

yeah, ive had a few of those boards now, but be careful its not too big, especially since its a bat tail. When I was younger i made the mistake of getting a board that was too big and it feels like it puts your surfing back a few years

Blind
regular

Post by Blind » Tue May 25, 2004 7:15 am

Im going to be (hopefully) getting it tommorrow, really want it to be the 41.5 inch which would be pretty much perfect :)
Cheers

Blind
regular

Post by Blind » Wed May 26, 2004 6:31 pm

got my new board! it shats all ova my old board, real easy to do spins, managed to do a barrel roll in like 1foot conditions and yack yack yack. Only downside is that it's seems harder to take of doing dk, seems the nose bogs in and i go nose planting into the flats... should work it out sooner or later though

cant wait for some real waves to test it out instead of em ripples we got at the moment...
Cheers

pointer

Post by pointer » Wed May 26, 2004 9:34 pm

my freinds brother n him are really good freinds with beau, see him everyday at tama

walloper
regular

Post by walloper » Sat May 29, 2004 9:56 pm

It goes good does it? I better see ya pull into some heavy first rock bombs when we get some size then ay. I have an old wetty I might be able to hook ya up with, pretty sure it's floating around in my van somewhere so let me know if ya wanna suss it out.

Blind
regular

Post by Blind » Sun May 30, 2004 5:23 pm

managed to bludge an aleeda wetty off me parents, though i gotta pay em back... thx for the offa anyways

Now ive got like everythin including nice pink flippers... all i need are some bigger balls... :?
Cheers