WCT 2005

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

the truth

WCT 2005

Post by the truth » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:08 am

any early predictions for a winner?? my $ is on joel parkinson ...

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:22 am

yep id go with parko aswell

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:13 am

I'd like to see Parko win but fear that Andy Irons may do it again. Let's hope Parko avoids injury etc and competes in every event in 2005.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Sun May 22, 2005 5:19 pm

i wante dkelly to win for the past 3 years

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue May 24, 2005 3:34 pm

too early to tell I'd reckon. Several surfers will have peak moments in the next few events. After J-Bay the chances of a winner coming from outside the top six or seven will tighten very quickly.
Nobody's really kicking everyone's arse. Kelly's had his peak with that 20/20 at Teahupoo. Trent's had his at Bells. Mick F is struggling with his eternal nightmare of wave choice. Parko is getting a movie made about him, which doesn't hurt but does make it harder to get on a roll, and he's not on one right now. AI hasn't hit form yet. D Hobgood's wrecked his shoulder.
I reckon it will come down to the Pipeline event and there'll be four or five surfers in the running, and it'll be Carnage.

BEN

Post by BEN » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:27 pm

I think slater seems like he is raring and ready to go, especially after Fiji. I cant belive his barrel riding skills and the way he can read a wave.
He seems like he has his competitve hat on this year..would love him to get a 7th world title.
Personally i think Mick F is the best surfer on tour...but like you say Nick C he has crap wave choice and heat strategy!
Maybe when we get to J bay the Goldy boys will begin to fire up. Parko and Mick will probably rip apart Reunion..

I think there are heaps of contenders this year.. Hedgey, Wardo, Irons, Pattachia, slater, parko, Mick, CJ, haha i may aswell list the top bloody 15!

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:11 pm

What about Hedgey? Any chance?

Redrob

Post by Redrob » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:18 pm

I got my money on tommy whittika.. Highly underrated and a big chance in the following years and still a possible this year

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:47 pm

pffffffffffffffffffffffft

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:21 pm

trent munro going good

Gasherbrum4
Grommet

Post by Gasherbrum4 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:41 am

Nick Carroll wrote:I reckon it will come down to the Pipeline event and there'll be four or five surfers in the running, and it'll be Carnage.
Whilst not in contention for the 2005 WCT crown, I just heard through the grapevine that legend underground North Shore charger Juan Kempes has scored a wild card into the Pipe contest !!! Sure to throw a cat amongst the pigeons :shock:

He might be getting a little long in the tooth now but I wouldn't be underestimating his ability even in the company of Slater, Irons et al. If Juan pulls out a 2005 version of 'the Claw' it's game over for these youngsters :wink:

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:17 pm

its too early at this stage to tell who the champ will be. who do u reckon will get rookie of the year???? fred patacchia is mos def looking the goods. been pretty consistent i wouldnt be surprised if he took out pipe this year maybe.

im more excited for next years CT than anything, ace buchan and cansdell are looking the goods, and gabe kling is a real talent.