sixty six feet wax

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

dolfn
Grommet

sixty six feet wax

Post by dolfn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Was the best wax ever bought some on ebay, awhile ago, but havent been able find it since.

Does anyone know what happened to this brand.

Made great small beadie bumps and had a fantastic smell. Also was in a hexagonal shape so good edges.

Cheers

DV8
regular

Re: sixty six feet wax

Post by DV8 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm

DolfN,

Bought the same stuff a while back because it was the cheapest stuff I could find ...........still have a few cakes floating around in the shed.
Went to buy some more 6 months ago ......Turns out the reason it was so cheap is because he was making jack shit in profits . He folded due to it being not profitable . :cry:

dolfn
Grommet

Post by dolfn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks Deevvs,

So do you have a substitute that you are fond of?

I tried the surf atlas stuff, cuas it was the same shape, but it smells like a cheap hooker and I find it is crumbly

Cheers

DV8
regular

Post by DV8 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:15 pm

DV8 wrote:DolfN,

Bought the same stuff a while back because it was the cheapest stuff I could find ...........still have a few cakes floating around in the shed.
Went to buy some more 6 months ago ......Turns out the reason it was so cheap is because he was making jack shit in profits . He folded due to it being not profitable . :cry:
Hey mate,

Nope I've gone all retro and not using any :o . But due to a small ding fix I had to rip the versatraction up on one. So back to wax for the KEEPER.
Scored some palmers cheap on Surfstich a while back. Anything under $3.50 is a ok nowadays by the looks. Can buy a heap from the states on the cheap like $1.20 a cake but once you factor in shipping blows out to about $2.90 I think .To make it worthwhile you need to get some mates together and buy about 70-100 cakes .... :lol:

dolfn
Grommet

Post by dolfn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:20 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cakes

dolfn
Grommet

Post by dolfn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:30 pm

For fcuks sake Deev. Youve spent over $XXXXXX the last couple of years on boards and you are searching to save a couple of bucks on wax....

Sorry just pissed myself. Lol

:lol:

DV8
regular

Post by DV8 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 pm

dolfn wrote:For fcuks sake Deev. Youve spent over $XXXXXX the last couple of years on boards and you are searching to save a couple of bucks on wax....

Sorry just pissed myself. Lol

:lol:
What can I say .........................I'm a tight arse :P :lol:

Its either skimp on wax or bubs food :lol: I'm just teaching the youngen some life skills . :twisted:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 pm

You guys having fun? :D

I can recommend Barking Wax or Stick-it as good Australian alternatives, and yes I have a vested, but not financial interest, in both.