Intro

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

carve8

Intro

Post by carve8 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:08 pm

First post, long time lurker. I just want to thank everyone for their ideas and feedback which i've been trawling through for a while - hopefully i can add some as well. Searching as much as i can before i post a query, but if it's already been answered apologies up front.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Re: Intro

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Banter away my friend, and ramble what you like. The tribe will speak...(or not).
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 pm

an apology bfore ya first query, wtf ??? ask something, discuss something, dont say sorry for asking nuthing....weird assss post for a first one.... :P

carve8

Post by carve8 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Ha Pridmore, yeah i guess it's a weird one, but i was trying to be on the front foot after reading some of the regulars stuff.

I've been out the water for approx 3 years due to work and travel, so back in December i decided to pull my finger out and get right back into it. My last custom, felt a bit small (i was now heavier and not as fit), so i bought my self a 7ft'er and after 2 months, got my self back to a respectable level in the line up (fuck i was a kooking to start with, but persevered), the 7ft'er although great for catching waves, wasn't the most manouverable board. I snapped my 7ft'er in 2 on Friday morning and spent the rest of the weekend on my old trusty 6'1" which surprisingly felt comfortable after an hour or so.

Within the next couple of months, i'll have funds for a new board (saving on the sly from the other half), and liking what i see and read about quads (that Fat Bat you did for the Argentinian has got me thinking). Do you freight to Sydney?