no
53%

Total votes: 19

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

how many people use nosegurds?

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:40 pm

i was wondering how many people are using noseguards. i have in the past but my newest board has a sort of squared off nose so i havent put one on...i am for noseguards tho, they will save a lot of hastle if u happen 2 get hit-and iv bin hit twice n im thankful oth times there was a noseguard on the board

pantz

Post by pantz » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:14 pm

i use one for two reasons

1) if my board plows into someone else its not gonna hurt them as much (i dont mind so much it plowing into me, cause usually its due to me being silly :))

and

2) i drive to the beach and just chuck my board in the car, if i slam on the brakes its probably gonna take out the winshield, but at least it wont go out the winshield

CLS

Post by CLS » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:18 am

I am definately for them - had the nose of my own board go trough my cheek not too long ago, just below my eye. Scared me pretty good. Ended up with four stitches in my cheek.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:45 pm

CSL: i had that happen 2 me as well, on a really sucky shorey at north palmy 1 day n my board drove itself in2 my cheek-only i had a noseguard

CLS

Post by CLS » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:08 am

Well..... there goes that theory. Maybe I should just learn not to fall off so much.

kateontour

Nose Guards

Post by kateontour » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:02 am

I've always used em for safety, in the last month I've stabbed myself in the neck buggering up a duckdive and in the guts kicking out on a big close out. I 've also had a coupla dings from other peoples boards which would have been less damaging if they'd had a nose guard.
I wish every one would use them, they only cost $20....

blindboy

Post by blindboy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:54 pm

Diamond Tips are the go!

Nikko
regular

Noseguards

Post by Nikko » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:29 am

Everyone who surfs the superbank or any of the Goldy points should have one...
If it's not on, it's not on.

Agree, diamond tip are go.
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".

stuey

Post by stuey » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:51 am

ehehhe I don't use 'em but reckon I should. Check this one out: I paddle out at Honeysuckle in vic. Its freezin cold and swell is just pickin up into long thick lines, just cackin down with rain-couldn't see shit. Strewth, only three blokes out includin me. I've got me new DHD and take off on me first wave. Its a beauty and I race on down the line and set up for the tube at the double up. As I pull in I see through the rain a guy half standin in front o me. I try ta pull thru the back. I make it, but me board doesnt. The guy gets hit. I say are ya alright mate. Yeah he says, but I got hit in the back of me head. He jumps back on his board and says, can ya take a look. He turns around and the blood is just pumpin down the back of his wetty. I say Fuck me ya better get in to the beach ya bleedin like a bastard. Its a long paddle I go in with him and his mate, strewth only three guys out! He goes ta hospital as another blokes rolls up. He says to me, don't worry about it, lets hit it theres noone out! I said yeah and as we go ta paddle out I look at the nose of me board for the first time- its got a clump of scalp and hair still attached to it! Aaarrrrggghhhhh!

Nikko
regular

Speechless..................................................

Post by Nikko » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:48 am

look at the nose of me board for the first time- its got a clump of scalp and hair still attached to it! Aaarrrrggghhhhh![/quote]

Mate....mate.... mate.....

I don't know what else to say??????????????????????>>>

Buy you one for Xmas...

Mate..........................................................................

:shock:
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:00 am

heheheh Thanks nikko! Either that, or stay the hell away from me in the water eh!! hahahhahahhaha

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:21 pm

my board came with one, but i am all for em, mainly so i it dont hit anyone... i'd lose the fight

schnorky
regular

Post by schnorky » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:01 pm

Board makers should put them on. I saw a box of them in a shop in mooloobah once for about 2 bucks each. Wish I had bought 10. People dont use them cause they come all packaged with crap for around 20 bucks each. There's a job here for someone....personalised nose guards to sell to the board manufacturers. Cant be too tricksy.

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:33 am

I've had boards with them and without, my current board doesn't have one but I might get one they've saved me some pain in the past.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:23 am

uther wrote:I read in ASL a while back that a japanese surfer was speared in the stomach by a board (not his) and died from internal bleeding...the board didnt have a noseguard....
So he caught AIDS from unprotected surfboard penetration?

stuey

Post by stuey » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:23 pm

Didn't potts nearly lose his insides from an attack from his own board?Dunno if it was the nose or the fins tho. Ask TC about the need for fin guards! hehehe

lrsa_04
Local

Post by lrsa_04 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:25 pm

most people these days dont use them because its not really the 'look'