favourite move

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Alex.B
regular

Post by Alex.B » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:59 am

well id say that while on you forehand you basically lay backwards and turn at the same time. Then you are lying on your back on the wave and turning towards the 'curl' on an arc around your body. Once your board has reached the bottom of the wave like you have reached the point where you are facing away from the wave (backhand), you should start to try to standup again and continue riding the wave on your forehand.

Wanto you sound like a real kook, it is a manouver, and i have seen it done millions of times. As a surfer this is a manouver that really i would expect you to know but obviously not. So wanto, how would you explain a layback snap?

Bananabender

Post by Bananabender » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:35 am

wanto wrote:
Bananabender wrote:
wanto wrote:
LRSA wrote:on your forehand when you lay backwards onto the wave ... just before a turn
um .. no
Hey Wanto, just cos you can't do em mate, doesn't mean they can't be done. I love doing em, wouldn't say its my fave move though.
right .. so on your forehand, just BEFORE your turn (ie while your bottom turning) you do a layback? so basically you stick your head into the flats then magically pull your board around while you have no downward pressure on the rail? sounds like that new trick all those shredders in the learn to surf schools are doin (dick)
Easy fella!The best way to describe it is one of those old school Bertelman maneuvres that used to be vogue to do in bowls on ya skatey. When you layback and slide your board around with one hand down. You've misunderstood the description of it....admittedly it wasn't the best. You're a tad feisty aren't ya?!?!

Bananabender

Post by Bananabender » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:53 pm

No me neither. Semantics mate...as I said, it wasn't the best description. The type I'm referring to aren't sliding maneuvres either, I'm talkin the type Dane Kealoha used to bust out in the mid 80s.

big_spender
regular

Post by big_spender » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:29 am

i personly only use forehand snaps for spraying westies and kooks otherwise save your speed for power surfing - a much more satisfing experience

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:25 pm

My Favourite move would be Charging throught the inside section of Avoca Point, on my fish and just doing tailslide after tailslide then the satisfaction of spraying a sydneysider square in the eyes as the paddle out. Love it. Whitey

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:29 pm

should of been out there today whitey OOOOhhh

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:06 pm

Drove down after work and had a squizz, It was massive, looked awesome, but Due to the fact my board was home, I thought i would wait till tommorow. Tourists Look to have gone though.
.Whitey.

Alex.B
regular

Post by Alex.B » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:30 pm

I cant believe you think a layback snap is an impossible imaginary manouver, even if you did the layback BEFORE the turn it still sounds extremely managable. You most certainly would not need a big wave, i think a small wave would be more suitable, i dont knwow where you got that idea from.

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:47 am

Is that what ur talking bout?????????

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:54 am

or this perhaps?????
Another good un.
Start of one.

schnorky
regular

Post by schnorky » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:35 pm

Certainly not Fair Bitz and the whole Jack McCon film fest. The original "TO was a beauty Jack but your last two are deteriorating at a
rate which precludes me from visiting and splashing out 70 bucks, for my family of 4, ever AGAIN.
Blah Blah Blah

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:19 pm

my favourite move is "the charleston".....

allegedly? :?

Alex.B
regular

Post by Alex.B » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:00 pm

wanto wrote:can we get passed this?
The moment he realises he is wrong is so sweet, look at all those magnificent pictures there wanto, some beautiful laybacks and the whole time you didnt think they were possible to do, you stupid kook fuc khead