Poll ended at Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:40 pm

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 19

Simple Ben

Post by Simple Ben » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:53 am

lrsa_04 wrote:most people these days dont use them because its not really the 'look'
After all mate, that is what really counts doesn't it?

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:11 pm

I have them on my pointy boards but I recently got a Jim Banks Fullcircle and it has a rounded nose.
Getting a cover for the bastard meant I had to go for an 8 foot longboard cover - now does anyone know if you can get a noseguard for longboards that I could adapt or maybe some sort of self adhesive rubbber ???
I had a similar situation to Stu's where after the "are you OK mate yeah fine see ya" I noticed the nose of my board was seriously busted - it was the first time I'd taken the thing out after waiting 2 months for it to arrive... f@@@@@@@@@@@rk

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:40 pm

lrsa_04 wrote:most people these days dont use them because its not really the 'look'
what 'look' would you rather? cool but with a gaping hole through your face/another part of your body

or

kooky but your body intact after every collision?

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:50 pm

Ok I bought one today. Im having a bit of trouble breathing thru the bastard, but I do feel a lot safer. hehehehe

BigMog
regular

Post by BigMog » Mon May 03, 2004 9:00 pm

me new econd hnad one had one it, but it was unsalvageable. the nose was snapped inside the guard thing,m and so theyn had to get rid of it. do they reduce speed or anything?
One Mile Point wrote:my reading time is limited and my brain too
Tom Bb wrote:us bodyboarders, we have no rights!

caspa

Post by caspa » Tue May 04, 2004 8:36 am

reduce speed? -- you'd only need to consider this if you surfed with the nose of the board under water.

stuey

Post by stuey » Tue May 04, 2004 5:23 pm

Fins do! If attached ta sum stinkin body boarder! Just run em over! Yeeeehaaa!

Nikko
regular

Speared

Post by Nikko » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:33 am

stuey wrote:Didn't potts nearly lose his insides from an attack from his own board?Dunno if it was the nose or the fins tho. Ask TC about the need for fin guards! hehehe
Yeah thats right he did. I was there that very day earlier in the morning. It was a mean little mother of a swell that one...
I can vividly remember it cause it was a nice 4' but the way the sand was they were breaking with 4' lips on em as well !!!! All this is going on in about 2' of water mind you.
Discretion was the better part of valour on this day so I opted out for the less intense long walls of the Alley.
Later that day there is Pottz on the tele with his hairy body prone on a hospital bed and no they took the nose of his board out of his ribs.
Further to that I feel no sympathy for him at all. He is such an aggro animal- hence his nickname- in the water he charges 100% into anything !!!
TC - Tom Carrol- fin up the date was a classic.
That's a weird one that is...
I also wonder if there was not some kind of balancing of Karma at work here?
Don't get me wrong on TC though, I class him as a living legend. No-one surfs like this maniac...

pointer

Post by pointer » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:29 pm

argh this beginner guy hit my right in the chest just on the bones there with his board and didnt even say sorry the asshole

pointer

Post by pointer » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:30 pm

o and i got hit by an 8'6 mal about 3cm above my temple...lucky to be alive i tell ya....i jus stood there cos it was my freinds dads board and he jus catches the pussy whitewash and he fell off his board and it hit me really hard and there was this loud thump and i jus said...no nothing to worry about missed me by about 2 metres bla bla bla

dabomb

Post by dabomb » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:57 am

a few weeks i got a noseguard for my board, its come in use already, i banged it on a wall and it just bounced back

bc
charger

Post by bc » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:11 pm

I rocked up to bali for the first time
walked into my hotel room, straight off the plane.
and ploughed the nose of my board straight into the ceiling fan
(spaz!)
-I now have a nose guard to cover up the mess i made.

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:12 pm

I used to use a noseguard, just because i have a bad habit of ending up on the rocks, but with my new board, I smashed the Nose off by about 1inch on the rocks so i just glassed a solid nose. Its rock hard and hasnt been fractured even though i have hit it numurous times.
.Whitey.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:02 pm

I put one on mine last week. Guy I was chatting to in the surf was telling me about the several stitches he'd just got out from above & behind his ear, courtesy of the nose of his board.

It's not just fins and noses that can be dangerous.

Last wave before going in last Friday at Curly was a left and I got slammed by the closeout. I got bounced off my board, it rolled over and whacked me in the side of the upper leg with the RAIL. Hurt like blazes, the spot went hard and hot (=internal bleeding) and I have a huge purple bruise that is still sore today (Tuesday). Just one of those stupid things. Go figure. :?

No damage to the board tho - it was a tuflite.

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:18 pm

i probably should get one considering lost my eye when the nose of my own board hit me