division surfboards

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Sausage
regular

Post by Sausage » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:05 pm

Petes boards go good. He is a great guy and if you explain to him honestly how you surf you may get yourself a great board.

I must say Glide you really know how to put your foot in it, nice apology though.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:38 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:munchy I'm not sure if Stuart Darcy shaped with Pete or not -- think it might be the Sth African Peter Daniels you mean.
It was me who asked Nick, not the other indolent goofy.

Oi Glide, it wasn’t meant to be a public flogging and you have redeemed yourself.

One has to careful what one says on the forums... real people, and in some instances businesses, and aspirants behind all the usernames. :?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:52 am

ric_vidal wrote:It was me who asked Nick, not the other indolent goofy.
yeah well I have trouble telling you goofies apart :lol:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:04 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
ric_vidal wrote:It was me who asked Nick, not the other indolent goofy.
yeah well I have trouble telling you goofies apart :lol:
Yeah well if ya stood the right way, or stood at all :twisted: you’d get to know whose arse is whose when we dropped in on ya on dem lefts. :wink:

Toby Wan
regular

Post by Toby Wan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:55 am

Best board i've ever owned was my division 6'3 - got it second hand for $180 about 4-5 years ago and there was something magical about..

it just rode so nicely - was awesome to notice the difference between my board and my mates' boards even though i'm quite an average surfer..

My mate also thought it was super-special, then he snapped it last wednesday..

If i could chat to the guy so he could really understand my needs in a board then i'd definitely be using him as my shaper!

DZ4

Post by DZ4 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm

Pete made me the best fish ever. Helped me learn a lot about my surfing and surf a whole lot better on anything now. He's a damn good shaper and it was worth every cent. Can't recommend him highly enough as he definitely knows what he's talking about. Going to order regular shortboard for this summer.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:29 pm

i have seen some of his shapes and they look nice to me and with all the positive stuff said about him, he must be a good bloke too which is more important then anything, poor bugger to get cancer, hope his recovery goes well and he can get out there and drop in on glde ( if he can surf with one foot in his mouth that is ).....

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 pm

I got a board off pete a year ago, Standard 6'0 x 18.5 x 2 1/4 shortboard.

At first I thought it had a bit too much volume for me... but once in the water it felt really responsive and more importantly I felt really comfortable on it. I have not felt restricted or held back in my surfing by using the board at all. When Im surfing well the board performs beautifully!

In addition the board is nearly a year old, has been to Hawaii and Europe and soon it will go to indo. I cant belive how well it has held up..no major dings at all and hasnt faded!

Its easy to follow trends and go with boardmakers that are globally popular at the time...but this board works well for me and is quality made too!!

Hows that for a customer review! haha

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:25 am

i 1st met peter, on our way out to surf wilkes passage and namotu all the way back in 1985, only a year after the santa cruz guys had started to push the fiji surf scene. we jumped off the back of a little boat about 15 mins before daylight.the water was so smooth, you could hardly make out that sets were approaching.pretty solid 6 foot...he was riding a kneelo. he had a young shop grom on the trip with him by the name of simon haskell. the surf was perfect for the entire 12 days NO WIND...crazy.. anyway after snapping both of my boards after about the 3rd day pete delegated one of simons boards my way, a 6.6 i think it was ... it definitely worked DEFINITELY. those conditions absolutely showed up inferior gear,i could feel the edge control and the concave through the deck of the board. fantastic... the boards i had were mick button rustys very good also. but i felt that good on petes boards . i came home and rode his brand for at least 5 yrs, all my mates were riding webbers, i was actually sharing a house with greg during that time and continued to surf on petes ....i took them to hawaii , indo. and alsoup and down the east coast of oz...he is one of those shapers that listened to your needs and worked accordingly.. a truly great bloke ... never would he shoulder hop and never ever would he drop in ....if ya wanna see somebody tear the bags on a division board theses days , go check out a newy plus comp...i scratch my head at simon bergins surfing on those boards.....p.s mr glide good on you for correcting yourself , nothing wrong with making a mistake as long as you are big enough to fix it...i wish peter the very best he is a great man , and i thank him for making my surfing more enjoyable....

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:50 am

Last edited by eMpowered on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:13 pm

I have a mate (ex WQS surfer) who rips on Pete's boards and loves em.

The pr!ck beat me in the finals of our regional comp recently on one of Petes boards so they must go good :wink: :oops: :oops: :twisted:

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:27 am

ric_vidal wrote:
Hey Knicknack, did Darcy do boards ex Peter Daniel at some point?
dunno about that, he does some with a name like takayama :?:

johno_52

Re: division surfboards

Post by johno_52 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Yeh i have three of petes boards just got a new one and i love them they shaped so well and i love how they ride
Johno

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: division surfboards

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:15 pm

peter shaped my boards when he was in thornliegh, before division. He shaped about 4-5 boards for me and they were all fantastic, as my surfing progressed I always took my old boards back to him and he took plenty of time with me discussing what I wanted out of each new board, and giving me honest feedback. Eventually I moved away and no longer used Peter for boards but I truly miss the surfer shaper relationship I felt from Peter as Ive moved around a fair bit and never had a chance to get that agian.

I can say to you mate that he will shape you a great board, he is willing to listen to you and if you are honest in your feedback to him you wont be dissapionted. I havent seen the guy in nearly 20 years, jee time flies.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".