FIJI 08 " SICKEST EVENT ON THE PLANET " crook webc

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

DV8
regular

FIJI 08 " SICKEST EVENT ON THE PLANET " crook webc

Post by DV8 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:07 am

Just get home from the morning surf thinking I'll sit down and enjoy
the webcast and.............................what the f#@$%& is going on with the webcast ??? can't get 20secs of feed without buffering and cutting out with no updated scores ..............not happy jan !!

p.s waves look alright .....not that Ive seen one yet !!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun May 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Vote with your feet.

They'll never do a good job till they realise it matters.

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Sun May 25, 2008 12:23 pm

truely a pathetic webcast from a pathetic company...carnt even get results beyond heat 9....we all know the reason for no event last year had nothing to do with political unrest,,, but everything to do with globe not having enough cash to put it on....from signing top 45 guys to big dollar deals, on the eve of there failure to remain on the elite tour(noods), to the treatment of wqs team surfers beau mitchell,,,,, what a disgrace,KOOOOKS ALL OF THEM

DV8
regular

Post by DV8 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:30 pm

Am I like the majority of expecting viewers in that cant even get live page loaded at all now ........

P.s Its amazing how good you can get at mind surfing while you listen to the commentators while the camera man focuses in on the big boat in the channel for 30 secs.....top notch stuff !!

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Sun May 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Bells was bad but this one is a shocker. Not only is the webcam not working but you cannot scroll the results.

As for the design, well it's probably designed in the time honoured tradition of surf movies...you know, junior editor required, no pay but you'll get experience.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 pm

really shitty coverage , I agree but geez the waves look good, very contestable and seeing how I was there 10 days ago just makes me wanna go back....be great to see a Fijian get thru 1 round, they are the nicest people on the planet.

homebush

Post by homebush » Sun May 25, 2008 6:05 pm

wet sandwich live streaming must be cheap or otherwise Globe have been dudded just like us

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Sun May 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Felix wrote:As for the design, well it's probably designed in the time honoured tradition of surf movies...you know, junior editor required, no pay but you'll get experience.
Hahaha classic I know people that have fallen for that... myself included

Dubbwah
Grommet

Post by Dubbwah » Mon May 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Nice Rant Bevan,have Globe pissed you off before or did they just piss you off? :wink:

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue May 27, 2008 10:50 am

its true ive had a very unhappy time with globe...... bullied my business for yrs.. plus worked a couple of mates with there sponsorships...

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Tue May 27, 2008 12:35 pm

boardscape avalon wrote:its true ive had a very unhappy time with globe...... bullied my business for yrs.. plus worked a couple of mates with there sponsorships...
Can't keep letting the spelling errors pass without throwing you a slap!

'Their', NOT 'there'-OK-sheesh, all those education dollars wasted by your old man.

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue May 27, 2008 1:00 pm

will do my best matew. i didnt pas any exams at the skool for kids whom carnt read or right reel good.... i knew you would be fizzing up

DV8
regular

Post by DV8 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 pm

Can't help it , I must say again the EVENT LABELLED " sickest event on the planet" has had the worst freakin webcast ever witnessed by the surfing public !!!! That's if you have been able to witness it at all between dropouts , reconnects , water shots or no connection what so ever ................
Well done GLOBE for employing WETSANDS !!!!
Can only hope billabong does the same for Jbay .

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:29 pm

surfed with Gordon the other day and he also said the web-cast was very poor, so I doubt Billabong would have anything to do with Wetsand.....