Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, Mr Puffy Pants, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

buddy
Owl status

Re: post your modern day sickness

Post by buddy » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:31 am

Cranked wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 pm
I'd love to give it a go but as a 6'6" with a about 30% more volume :-D-:
It’s pretty chunky as is with flat deck and full rails.
Hatchnam wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:10 pm

A few years ago when I got my Free Flight (similar) I spoke to Phil Myers about a fin, as found the generic dolphin fin lacked drive. He recommended a specific fin based on his Col Smith style single fins.

Only 7 inches deep as the channels provide extra grip. But it's a chunky beast with a wide base and heaps of surface area. Check it! (note the FF logo bottom right)

Not sure if they're still available, but they go unreal, cheap, and good quality fin. Got it from Surf Eclipse, details below, but their website's offline. Phil's details also, he'd know where and if you could score one if not from Surf Eclipse.

SEA Freeflight 7 | $89.95 (postage included in cost)

I’m sure it goes good but there’s just something about that outline that I don’t find aesthetically pleasing. I don’t think I need that much fin either as this board is a foot or more shorter than yours. Not sure what happened to SEA, sideways used to stock all their fins. Had a look yesterday and didn’t like the unbranded single style they had in there.
Off topic but that whole shop is not really a bargain like it used to be. Only 30% off RRP on wetties now and they had 60% off clothes but they were all rubbish.

Anyway, gonna try the glide 6.5 first and if it needs a bit more fin I think this might be worth a go.
https://byrningspears.com.au/product/ab7-fin/

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Re: post your modern day sickness

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:01 am

^ the AB fin looks good.

yep, FF fins looks different but very drivey and responsive
Beanpole wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:37 pm
100% she was going to stand on my board to impress her friends.
Surfing at Langland Bay, Gower Peninsula, Wales
https://youtu.be/y5ePxFSHjv0
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque