Maldives options

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

bgreen
Grommet

Maldives options

Post by bgreen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm

I may be able to organise a Maldives stop-over but have heard it can get crowded, especially North Male.

I've heard of other islands. I'll be travelling with my wife, so a boat trip is out. The far southern atolls sound promising but may be limited with accommodation.

Any suggestions. I'll be travelling late July.

Wyre
Owl status

Re: Maldives options

Post by Wyre » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:22 pm

I keep accidentally going to Unanswered Topics and seeing this sad little unanswered question. Thought I'd finally get onto this for bgreen.

I've no idea.

I thought I'd insinuate that bgreen is TMS trying to find out about the Maldives on the sly, but then I realised I've got no knowledge of why the Maldives are considered 'soft' or whatever, so I shouldn't even attempt to be amusing.
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:32 pm

do we need booties?

asking for friend with tender feet.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

bgreen
Grommet

Post by bgreen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 am

Thanks for the thought Wyre. I've no idea who TMS is but I know Steve. I ended up passing on the Maldives in favour of an extra week in Africa.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:02 pm

We're heading back next year ... its a great place. Good surf, fishing and great people.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:48 pm

My son and his bride to be are planning on a honeymoon at Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives. A quick Google says Pasta Point is nearby.
What does anybody here reckon, anyone been to this resort?
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:10 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:48 pm
My son and his bride to be are planning on a honeymoon at Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives. A quick Google says Pasta Point is nearby.
I'm pretty sure that Cinnamon Dhonveli has the exclusive rights to the wave and limited numbers of surfers per time slot.

It's the wave that the ball rolling with surfing in the Maldives after Tony Hinde and his made got shipwrecked there.

Pretty easy to doctor Google it.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 pm

I’ve stayed there but it was a long time ago when Tony was still there. He was an interesting dude.

Anyway back then it was really expensive. Coronas we’re $7US which is OK for you Offy but not for us back when the Aus $ was about .60US. The other place called Lohis had no surfer limit but Pasta was capped which made it worth the extra money. There is now a cap on numbers at the Lohis camp and everything including drinks is inclusive.
The real main benefit of Pasta Point was the proximity to Sultans, Jails etc. there were fuck all boats around when I went so you could get jails etc for an hour in the morning before the guys from Lohis turned up.
Now there are generally boats anchored at most breaks overnight so it’s a more even playing field with access to spots. Lohis is closer to Cokes and Chickens and also has its own left which I reckon his as good as Pasta Point. That and the free beer makes Lohis a better option than Pasta.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:15 pm

jimmy wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 pm
I’ve stayed there but it was a long time ago when Tony was still there. He was an interesting dude.

Anyway back then it was really expensive. Coronas we’re $7US which is OK for you Offy but not for us back when the Aus $ was about .60US. The other place called Lohis had no surfer limit but Pasta was capped which made it worth the extra money. There is now a cap on numbers at the Lohis camp and everything including drinks is inclusive.
The real main benefit of Pasta Point was the proximity to Sultans, Jails etc. there were fuck all boats around when I went so you could get jails etc for an hour in the morning before the guys from Lohis turned up.
Now there are generally boats anchored at most breaks overnight so it’s a more even playing field with access to spots. Lohis is closer to Cokes and Chickens and also has its own left which I reckon his as good as Pasta Point. That and the free beer makes Lohis a better option than Pasta.
Yes ... the Malé atolls are really crowded nowadays, and the surfing resorts are expensive too.

Considering its a honeymoon, I'd say the occasional surf between blowjobs would be okay ... then once he gets home and the boredom sets in, grab a few mates and head back over on a safari boat to the central atolls.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:01 pm

Good info, I'll pass it on. Cheers.

Yeah, Cinnamon Dhonveli is the one he's looking to go to.

I heard the blow jobs stopped after marriage?
marauding mullet wrote:

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 am

offshore1 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:01 pm
Good info, I'll pass it on. Cheers.

Yeah, Cinnamon Dhonveli is the one he's looking to go to.

I heard the blow jobs stopped after marriage?
Apparently there's a small window of opportunity during the transition period.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:55 am

It doesn't always stop after transition, sometimes it gets more frequent. Just ask loof.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:20 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:55 am
It doesn't always stop after transition, sometimes it gets more frequent. Just ask loof.
We're not talking self fellatio here.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:08 pm

I didn’t realise Loof was transitioning. Although he has hung out with quite a few.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:33 am

I stayed at Pasta in the 90's before it was Cinammon, Tony was still around back then.

I'd go back in a heartbeat. Preferred Sultans and Honkies to Pasta's, Jails looked great but was still off limits back then. Took the boat to Cokes one day but it was solid and above my pay grade.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:08 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Unless you book through Atoll Travel you can't surf pasta point even if you are staying a the resort as they limit to 30 surfers.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:47 pm

Drailed wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:08 pm
offshore1 wrote:
Unless you book through Atoll Travel you can't surf pasta point even if you are staying a the resort as they limit to 30 surfers.
I'll relay that.
marauding mullet wrote:

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:56 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Drailed wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:08 pm
offshore1 wrote:
I'll relay that.
https://atolltravel.com/cinnamon-dhonve ... IUQAvD_BwE
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable