Telos resort questions?

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Henno

Telos resort questions?

Post by Henno » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Firstly has anybody been?

The missus has given the thumbs up so the research is getting more serious. I'm thinking about lashing out on a once of resort trip by myself. Firstly I was leaning towards the Chaaya Island/Pasta point thing with only 30 surfers and then I stumbled upon the Telos Island option.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here but before I ring them and get the biased opinions on people that work there I thought I'd hit you guys up.

So firstly they are both expensive but is expensive for Indo comparable to the PP resort in the Maldives for the same amount of time?

Secondly the waves. Apparently Telos has medium sized waves good for all skill levels that is ultra consistent and uncrowded because it is in the middle of nowhere so the normal Ments boat skippers don't go there much. Is this true? Could an old 47 year old who is normally on a mal but working towards getting back on an 8' short board give it a crack? I'm carrying about 95kg but my surfing (albeit it on a 9'0" Walden mega magic) is going pretty good.

I'd love to get really properly barrelled before I die and my local dribbly point aint gunna do it. I believe the Maldives is not the place to go to score barrells even of the 3 foot variety.

Any thoughts from people that have been to Telos or the Maldives or even both?

Cheers guys
Henno in Agnes