Get OFF the Forum and ONTO the Reaslsurf page.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

Get OFF the Forum and ONTO the Reaslsurf page.

Post by Larry » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:04 pm

I'm happy to vacate my slot (Around the Bends) every day this week for any 5 of you who reckon they can do better.

All you need to do is put up a surf report here and I'll stick it up the next day - For instance, - I'll pick Monday's report tonight,..and Tuesday's on Monday night.

Seeing as how half of you blokes are champs at forecasting and reading synoptics etc let's see how ya go a day in advance.

Any surfing spot will do and if you want to be a smartarse then it's ok with me - remember that it will be read by about 15,000 people out there

Stuey will be the judge of the best of 5 and Don will pay the winner $1,000 or a T-shirt (your choice Guru)

ya wanna? (Larry)

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:23 pm

I confirm that I will pay a t-shirt at the end of the week to the person Stuey and the bendsman nominate. The cash amount, being somewhat greater than last month's ad income gross, is unfortunately not even a remote possibility. :wink:

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:30 pm

nub's curly report......
4ft+ of new, uneven, chopped up s/se windswell on offer at curly this morn. the southerly is already up and the period is only around 6-7 seconds, so as the photos above show, its crud. but a mate just rang me and said warriewood should be ok at low tide so i will be chillin for a coupla hours and then probably get up there. winds supposed to go se later and i reckon it looks like building as the day goes on, so maybe it could be worth goen for a cruise late to somewhere protected..........
Last edited by nubby on Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:06 pm

pointless nonsensical blabber
" "
" "
" "
" "
" "

about two words on the actual condition of the surf.

-Larry

(just giving them what they have come to expect)

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:11 pm

"10 foot of perfectly groomed south swell expected for newport reef tomorrow morning. crosswaves will be flawless from sharkies all the way through to the end section. both bommies shall be peaking and running for about 100m. SW offshore conditions expected all week with the swell to rise to over 30 feet by thursday"

thats about as accurate as half the reports i hear. surfit's report for newport is always about as far off as my attempt just then.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:22 pm

Nubs: We have a small problem with the wobbly concept.

CTH: Your sarcasm is noted, as is your generally correct sentence construction.

The Boat: A little too cerebral mate,.. we are all surfers out here,.. we only go deep on the literal plane.

- appreciate it if some of you lurkers unburdened yourselves

Laz

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:32 pm

whats up with wobbly......wobbly=curly, curly=wobbly......

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:34 pm

i dont see a prob with wobby

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:41 pm

hey fascist, ive substituted the reference to your guts (wobbly) with a word that probably describes your septigenarian bowel motions (uneven).......sir is this okay sir.....

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:44 pm

How can I put this nicely?

YOU BLOKES are the competitors, ME & STU are the judges

and 'wobbly' has been deferred to the Presidential Committee of Surfing Descriptives anyhow,.. and if I waz you nubs,.. I'd be concentrating on tuesday

so far CTH has the money

L

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:47 pm

so should i go for a serious report? like a prediction for tomorrow?

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:52 pm

Now you got it

(nubs,.. keep it up mate - and you WILL be punished for abusing old blokes - the management holds the right to re-construct composites of all of your contributions)

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:56 pm

so who is on this P.C.S.D. anyways, just you and stu....f@#k, stu better be the president mate.......ive fixed the whole wobbly thing anyways mate. my forecast stands, why concentrate on tuesday? have you taken some sort of bribe and monday is all locked up? cant you see the injustice thats inherent in the system? i demand a recount with full UN monitors larry.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:02 pm

oritey then lazza, here goes....

"Newport report - monday 1st march. Well what happened to last weeks swell! It's all but gone this morning with only a few feet left over. Now unless you can get to Hawaii relatively quickly then peak might be the go. 2 to 3 foot with the occasional 4 foot set standing up at peak. Swell a little bumpy (was that the word u were looking for nubby?) due to yesterdays bastard southerlys which spoiled an otherwise fun day of sunday surfing. The banks have shifted around a little after being belted by last weeks waves and peak has quite good shape. The bank south of peak is worth checking although a little inconsistent there. Nothing really exciting to look forward to over the next week, unless you're a midget that is. Swell may rise a foot or so tomorrow or wednesday but at this stage nothing is certain. Try to hit it before the south-easterlys hit late morning. This arvo might be fun once the tide fills in but morning is the go. Get out for a few before work/school is my advice."

so waddya reckon ay larry?
Last edited by _cant_touch_this on Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:33 pm

Larry wrote: so far CTH has the money
where does this CTH come from? im tryin 2 work out what the 'H' stands for. unless of course ur referring to sumone completely different

stuey

Post by stuey » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:51 pm

Strewwwwffffff! I'm suppozed ta judge people? This is gonna be fun. Go for it gonaderz. Drop dem standardz as low as ya can for dee highest score. Intelligence will be marked down by the intelligenzia, inane thoughtless babble and poppycock will be aptly rewarded. A
NOTE: A piece o BLOODY GOLD is on OFFER! A T-Shirt no less! One yar gonna be proud ta wrap yar chips in.

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:49 pm

Tomorrow should be seeing a number of prospects along the stretch... Expect a set of about five footers to run past with curves, curls and lips in all the right places with a peaky physique ... could be lucky and snag a sucky one... don't expect a wave though, they don't like the look of your craft.

As for waves...... expect about three foot of diminishing swell which will hopefully bless our recently improving banks along the northern strips. You might want to give Freshie a close look as there has been some great rights for the south/mid end over the past week or so. Should be a bit bumpy early from Sunday nights onshore wind which will die off , then pick up from the south east midmorning. Low tide is early morning, so there could be a few sucky ones after all.....

stuey

Post by stuey » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:39 pm

Five footers eh? A few mongolian pygmies perhaps? Great stuff matey.