What Makes a Latte sipping blow in?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

What Makes a Latte Sipping blow in?

Only surfs a Mal on weekends
25%
wears hair product in the surf
6%
Only surfs in summer at manly/bondi
69%

Total votes: 16

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:28 pm

Provocateur has it right - its all about the timing.
If you are out there at sparrows fart every day, hooking in to all conditions - not a blow in, regardless of beemer and latte.
If you are only found out there mid-morning on sunny weekends when the swell is between 1' - 4', you're a scumsucking blow in! - even if you drive and old ute and drink international roast instant!

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:52 pm

You know it's all wrong when there isn't a place on the city coast where you can buy a hot cup of tea and a vegemite toasted sambo in the morning~ This morning latte caper is deadset girlie business and should be eliminated forthbloodywith !

Whaddabout a vanilla milkshake with bananas and an egg and a cheese and bacon roll ?

- or a mug of hot tomato soup and a buttered roll?

Lost the lot we have - all that's left now is a choice of $3.50 coffees or a maccaslog - grumble grumble mumble

roll on 1959

laz

robbieg
regular

Post by robbieg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:55 pm

Larry, my perfect morning consists of

waking up at 6.15, walking down the street to see if south steyne has a wave (almost never does but this is my perfect day? surf til 7.45 walk back home. Stop at the cafe interpole ang get vegimite toast and coffee for 4.50 then catch the ferry to work.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:13 pm

beats the train from cabrammatta to redfern robbieg - howabout a stop at that little 24 hour general store past taree at 4am for a crusty mashed potato and pea pancake, a pot of bushells tea, a warm seat by the lighted grate and a little country news on the radio - knowing that the groundswell will last all week and here it is just monday

monday 30 july 1962 that is (was)
laz

robbieg
regular

Post by robbieg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:25 pm

mate your killing me, i have never had the pleasure of what you just described larry... need to take a week off and try it.
:lol:

wanto, i dont go t work and that company car i have goes... meaning that i will be destined to surf south steyne every morning for the rest of my life :shock: not a bad fate in winter when the bower is working :lol:

but that car drives me to curly or dy point at least 3 times a week...

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:59 pm

I think the question is whether you have the latte before or after the surf 8)

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Larry wrote:You know it's all wrong when there isn't a place on the city coast where you can buy a hot cup of tea and a vegemite toasted sambo in the morning~ This morning latte caper is deadset girlie business and should be eliminated forthbloodywith !

Whaddabout a vanilla milkshake with bananas and an egg and a cheese and bacon roll ?

- or a mug of hot tomato soup and a buttered roll?

Lost the lot we have - all that's left now is a choice of $3.50 coffees or a maccaslog - grumble grumble mumble

roll on 1959

laz
right on lazza, bring back the bloke.
whats all this girly business of hair mouse/gel, pink shirts and paying too much for a coffee, yeah ive paid for coffees before, but only if it involves sitting there cause a good looking sheela talked me into it.
and hair gel??? gees only time it hits my slowly receding hair is if the barber puts it in without asking.
while im there, ill have a go at tourists having a giggle at me fishing on the river in front of theyre boutique drinking hole, bloody fruity wankers if you ask me.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Troy_Cisco_Kid
regular

Post by Troy_Cisco_Kid » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 pm

Provocateur wrote:Cisco-Kid - as we know there are no blow-ins at NS before 7:30am - and certainly no latte's sipped before 8am. The hot chocolate must go down particularly well when you bring out that old 70's 5 7"single fin.
Bruce, that single fin isn't coming out for a while, I wasted that entire morning on that thing ... hehhehee

reggie

Post by reggie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:25 pm

A surfer wouldnt spend his money on a bmw... But on trips around the country/world finding the best rides of his/her life, saving for a house so they can live closer to the beach...

There is nothing against the 9-5 workers.. I mean everyone needs to make a living and its even better if you can make some good cash...

I work 9-5, and i get down there when i can - not much this winter at all... But in summer i am there 4 days a week minimum, whether its before or after work (daylight savings is great)... Im not fully committed i admit that... but those darn winters!!!

Its all about preferences.. And in the end it shows in your surfing ability...

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:43 pm

Reggie you better tell all those geezers that pull up in their bmw 4 wheel drives with boards on top theyre not surfers :D
Does it matter which beach you end up living near :?:
The question about lattes was a trick question of course. We all know from reading the good living section of the herald that its cappucinos first, lattes for apre' surf.
Ahrrr, it was so windy down at Nth Steine last month it blew the froth right off me cappucino :evil:
All a bit of a storm in a coffee cup if you ask me.

Boozer
barnacle

Post by Boozer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:22 pm

More a question of just seeking justification I reckon.

Blokes with half a brain know who they are and don't try to pretend they're someone different.

Who cares ? Just pay your dough if you don't have a council sticker. And show some common courtesy.

robbieg
regular

Post by robbieg » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:59 pm

Boozer, more just curious as to what sent people off on this tangent... i know that i am a coffee drinking, suit wearing surfer :D

just thought it may be an interesting thread.

plan b
regular

Post by plan b » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:31 am

this forum has posted so many threads lately trying to define who and what is the true surfer.

does he ride a long board, does he drive a bmw, does he drink latte, does he turn up before 730 or after 730, does he surf only in summer, only on saturday mid morning, does he ride a mctavish, can he noseride, is it a log or a performance longboard, is it a shortboarder riding a longboard, is he really a longboarder if he doesnt walk the plank, does he wear pink shirts, is he in touch with his femanine side, does he wear a suit to work, is he brazillian ?

my point is

who f&%king cares ?

we dont need to justify ourselves.

we all surf, thats our common ground.

and no, i dont own a pink shirt (or a trans am, but i wish i did !)

see you in the water people :o

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:13 pm

:lol:

robbieg
regular

Post by robbieg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:15 pm

Mate the gentle flamin of Larry :shock:
never thought i would see the day....

smnflsdv (gorgot how to spell it :D ) mate i never knew the days Larry was talking about so i loove it... dunno mate, they sound a hell of a lot better than some of the days we have in 2005.

guess its an older blokes right to reminisce, and when i get old i am talking till the cows come home bout crowded days at dy point, and how you could once buy petrol for $1.50 ect :wink:

Shari
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shari » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:43 pm

I disagree with everyone. I live 50m from the sand and surf all different times at DY beach, have been in Aus for 10 years, DY for 7 years.

According to locals, with my Canadian accent, I am forever blow-in - at least that's what the guy who wanted to beat up guys at my breakfast table said. . .

vb
Local

Post by vb » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:24 pm

Ah rose-coloured glasses ... if anyone wants to see a bit of old-time Newport take a look at the sign that's been exposed on the building that's due for demolition at the bottom of the hill (truck hit it). Old Buck Taylor's grocery store ... must have closed up about 40 years ago