Wetsuits

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Curly_Cat
Grommet

Wetsuits

Post by Curly_Cat » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:47 pm

time for a new wettie this year!! ne1 know wat the xcel infiniti are like? i want sumtin that is fully sealed ne ideas?
Curly Rules

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:02 pm

I am not a fan of excell I have a couple, I have a few steamers most I got off eBay. Best cheapest one is the Point Break one - my chest hair has never been damp!

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:11 am

excel infiniti wetsuits are very good ... very warm & very stretchy ... try one of the ziperless models, but watch out as they sometimes split.
my heaters broke & i'm so tired ...

dan
regular

Post by dan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:51 am

Don't ever get a Wing steamer, caused me nothing but problems. I bought one of their Evo range and about 5 months into using it regulary, the armpits started to tear (around where the rubber chest met the wetsuity stuff). Not only that but water constantly comes through the neck. I sent it back to get repaired under its warrenty (in summer) and it took 2 months to get it back, with me actually having to ring them up and get them to freight it. REmembering they are based in Sydney.

Now after another 3 months of using it the neck is now starting to tear and the seal for the zipper comes undone in the surf, causing my wetsuit to open. I'm constantly cold in it.

I thought I'd do the right thing and support an Australian company so I payed a little bit extra at the time. I'm now regretting this decision and am stuck with a dog wetsuit. What can ya do?

Curly_Cat
Grommet

Post by Curly_Cat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:16 am

yeh iv cn alot of people with the xcel infiniti so i reckon it might be alrite.. the psycho's are sick but they are like $600. how much are the infiniti's
Curly Rules

evow

Post by evow » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:42 am

Ive just bought an Aleeda and my mates also use em in Sydney... And they are the best. I live in Tassie and it keeps me warm enough, and was like half the price of a ripcurl fireskin.

robh
regular

Post by robh » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:33 pm

I would recommend point break wetsuits where you can get from a shop in bronte. The guy there is really good and when my zipper broke instead of sending it to the manufactures for a few weeks and missing out on some good swell he gave me a new wetsuit

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:57 pm

I reckon the Billabong sollution is the go. I work in a surf shop, and for quality,pdeformance and durability, its the one. They cost a stack though.

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:37 pm

evow wrote:Ive just bought an Aleeda and my mates also use em in Sydney... And they are the best. I live in Tassie and it keeps me warm enough, and was like half the price of a ripcurl fireskin.
which aleeda did u buy?? im buying the GBS as soon as i can

Curly_Cat
Grommet

Post by Curly_Cat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:49 pm

does ne1 rate the oneill psycho 2?
Curly Rules

clownshoes
regular

Post by clownshoes » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:32 pm

thats definitely my opinion also
spent 270 on a Dunes superstretch long arm spring, 3mm (Bodyboarding wetty). its fkn one of my most prized possessions - definitely wortth the dollars...perfectly warm in 17 degree water, so its good all winter round..plus, its a springy, and as a booger i like a lot of mobility. perfect for Aus climate :D

Bodyboarda_23
Grommet

Post by Bodyboarda_23 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:44 pm

the excel's are ment to b alrite.. i got a psycho 2 yesterday & had my first surf in it today, neva been so warm in my life.. sweating wen evry1 else was freezing.. i strongly recommend a psycho2
Stand up & b counted.... Lie down & get barrelled...

deewhykook

Post by deewhykook » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:03 pm

i agree bodyborda 23 i also have a physco 2. Best wetty out no doubt about it. Very pleased as i got mine 4 $300 from down at waynos at line up. I woul highly recommend the physco 2 to any 1

Bodyboarda_23
Grommet

Post by Bodyboarda_23 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:13 pm

haha.. tim do u ever get too warm in it? i was sweating this arvo
Stand up & b counted.... Lie down & get barrelled...

vb
Local

Post by vb » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:01 pm

Longygrom, what's the damage on a 3/4 billabong solution? The Rip Curl Classic is literally on its last legs.
As an aside, I'd hate to be a wettie retailer cos I think there's got to be some sort of unwritten contract between customer and manufacturer. I mean, what do you do when someone comes in asking for a replacement when he/she is the type who (a) never rinses the thing out (b) leaves it hanging out in the sun or (c) tries to rip it on/off in two seconds flat.
I know that it's recommended never to take a needle and thread to the thing but f...k, what do you do if the neck needs only a couple of stitches and it's mid-June. Parcel the thing up and hope it's back before Xmas? I'll thread a needle any time