FCS H4 anyone used / using ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mario
Grommet

FCS H4 anyone used / using ?

Post by mario » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Interested in getting peoples thoughts on these . Are they / were they better than what you were using ? I`ve read Nicks take on them but also curious to see what other folks think about them . I have quite a few sets ( as we all do ) of fins and keep coming back to the Julian air cores . Boards I`d be using them in will be chilli peri peri , churro - eps and pu , and when I get it a faded 2.0 . What boards are you using them in ?
If already covered please delete - couldn`t find anything .

mario
Grommet

Re: FCS H4 anyone used / using ?

Post by mario » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Well ,the family were awesome to buy me these as a combined fathers day / birthday present . Finally got to try this weekend due to a horrible lack of swell down this way . I found some waves at Corrimal yesterday and again today . Popped them into a chilli churro 5'7" eps thumb tail that i recently picked up ( only had three surfs on it so far ) . My got to fin in all my boards are the JW air cores .
Saturdays surf was northeast windswell that was popping up some nice little peaks and with stuff all people it was enough to get this fussy bastard out there . I`m glad I did cause I got some real nice waves for a couple hours at lunchtime . Firstly the paddle out - no drag whatsoever . First wave I noticed straight away an easier paddle in and to me it seemed like I could forget about the fins completely as the board was alive . Not even a pump and it was fast , pump and its incredible . Turns were precise , snaps were precise , no drawn out roundhouses just put on rail and so smooth a transition . Only thing I found was the ease of slide which caught me unawares a couple times so adjustments necessary there .
Today was smaller but cleaner and again the lack of people got me out there on the same bank as yesterday . Swapping waves with one other these fins continued to impress . Pushed a few turns harder as the waves allowed and they stuck nicely , where with a "normal" fin I`d blow myself either off the wave or not quite stick the move sometimes . Didn`t surf too long today as we made it look so good it started to get a crowd .
I can`t wait to try these in the peri peri in good solid waves . I have a feeling these fins will impress me even more in good bigger waves , just need some swell down here .