Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, Mr Puffy Pants, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7671
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by channels » Tue May 31, 2022 10:35 am

A mate is down at Urbnsurf today and just messaged me. Water is currently 12 degrees :shock: :shock: :shock:

buddy
Owl status
Posts: 4670
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by buddy » Tue May 31, 2022 11:27 am

Yeh, I've heard from a few queenslanders who sillily booked trips to Melb recently and booked in.
Was already significantly colder than the ocean when I went, Easter weekend, and I went at 4pm on the day 3 of 29 degree days.
Imagine the Wales one in winter.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Tue May 31, 2022 11:30 am

yeah, um.
fcuk that noise.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
BA
Duke Status
Posts: 10660
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by BA » Tue May 31, 2022 1:34 pm

It's only 7 degrees on the coast here at the moment. And with a howling wind, the apparent temp is probably more like 2. Getting an outdoor job just as winter was starting probably wasn't my smartest move.

Tom Waits' Liver
regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Tom Waits' Liver » Tue May 31, 2022 1:41 pm

buddy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:27 am
Yeh, I've heard from a few queenslanders who sillily booked trips to Melb recently and booked in.
Was already significantly colder than the ocean when I went, Easter weekend, and I went at 4pm on the day 3 of 29 degree days.
Imagine the Wales one in winter.
is it any good ? I've watched footage of it but its not really appealing to me, wondering if I'm missing something.

buddy
Owl status
Posts: 4670
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by buddy » Tue May 31, 2022 1:51 pm

Tom Waits' Liver wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:41 pm
buddy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:27 am
Yeh, I've heard from a few queenslanders who sillily booked trips to Melb recently and booked in.
Was already significantly colder than the ocean when I went, Easter weekend, and I went at 4pm on the day 3 of 29 degree days.
Imagine the Wales one in winter.
is it any good ? I've watched footage of it but its not really appealing to me, wondering if I'm missing something.
Fun enough if you live in Melb or are there for another reason.
I wouldn’t FIFO it or travel there as the main reason.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable
Posts: 54468
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Tue May 31, 2022 2:09 pm

A mate got smashed there. Very small take off area. Went to take off but the guy on the previous wave had just eaten it on the take off. My mate had to try and dodge him. He got pitched into the concrete wall and dragged down the side. He can surf pretty good but it was on the heavy setting. Fcuked his arm up.
Eat some steak and stop being a whiny little cnut.

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7671
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by channels » Tue May 31, 2022 2:29 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:09 pm
A mate got smashed there. Very small take off area. Went to take off but the guy on the previous wave had just eaten it on the take off. My mate had to try and dodge him. He got pitched into the concrete wall and dragged down the side. He can surf pretty good but it was on the heavy setting. Fcuked his arm up.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeALTmlp2c7/

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7671
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by channels » Tue May 31, 2022 2:33 pm

Tom Waits' Liver wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:41 pm
buddy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:27 am
Yeh, I've heard from a few queenslanders who sillily booked trips to Melb recently and booked in.
Was already significantly colder than the ocean when I went, Easter weekend, and I went at 4pm on the day 3 of 29 degree days.
Imagine the Wales one in winter.
is it any good ? I've watched footage of it but its not really appealing to me, wondering if I'm missing something.
Been three times, twice on the way to the airport after work trips to Melbs and once with a mate I hadn't seen for a few years due to various state border closures.

Not in a rush to go back again though.

Intermediate is fun enough, Advanced Turns has more push, steeper drop and a bigger wall. Advanced is effectively a short barrel. Saw Beast/Expert mode and didn't feel the need to fcuk around with that setting. Advanced Turns is probably the best setting.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable
Posts: 54468
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Tue May 31, 2022 5:07 pm

channels wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:29 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:09 pm
A mate got smashed there. Very small take off area. Went to take off but the guy on the previous wave had just eaten it on the take off. My mate had to try and dodge him. He got pitched into the concrete wall and dragged down the side. He can surf pretty good but it was on the heavy setting. Fcuked his arm up.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeALTmlp2c7/
My mates a natural but you get the idea. That’s on the middle setting isn’t it?
Eat some steak and stop being a whiny little cnut.

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 19309
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Tue May 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Looks pretty fucken soft if that’s middle
Erase.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable
Posts: 54468
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Tue May 31, 2022 7:29 pm

The concrete wall wasn’t :lol:
Eat some steak and stop being a whiny little cnut.

User avatar
Cranked
Duke Status
Posts: 13419
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Cranked » Tue May 31, 2022 7:39 pm

It didn't drop below 27C last night and my AC started icing up it was so humid!

I'm doing it tough here guys!
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

User avatar
jimmy
Owl status
Posts: 4728
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by jimmy » Tue May 31, 2022 9:41 pm

Nice little wrap of around here from lately.

https://youtu.be/H9NcZkccW-Q
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

marauding mullet
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 9341
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: an upside down valiant

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by marauding mullet » Tue May 31, 2022 9:55 pm

jimmy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:41 pm
Nice little wrap of around here from lately.

https://youtu.be/H9NcZkccW-Q
Fcuken good stuff. I would have moved back to the Goldy years ago but my wife doesn’t like the humidity because it makes her hair go curly. :lol:
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8563
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by swvic » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:22 am

And to think, I blessed you last night. She's an abomination

Please, just don't ever tell her where I live :lol:
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7671
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by channels » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:37 am

It's been a while since I've seen this vid but I love the tenacity of this bloke after getting smashed so many times on the rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwWoGtCfzB8

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20709
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:25 am

Great ad for the guy who glassed the board.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests