Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, Mr Puffy Pants, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Thud
Duke Status
Posts: 11520
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 am

One named Kyle?
I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things.

Dave Allan

Yuke Hunt
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:11 am

Thud wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 am
One named Kyle?
Yep that's one.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

User avatar
Thud
Duke Status
Posts: 11520
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:05 am

He’s goes well. Takes on bigger stuff
I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things.

Dave Allan

Beanpole
That's Not Believable
Posts: 56457
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:08 pm

Yuke Hunt wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:52 am
Beanpole wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:18 am
Could be my old mate. He was supposed to be on that trip to the Maldives but had to pullout because he just had heart surgery.
Is that your foot in the picture Jimbo?
Its not him either,.

And David Parkes isn't on "that" trip, he was staying at a resort.
:-D-: Yuke does read my posts.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Yuke Hunt
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:40 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:08 pm
Yuke Hunt wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:52 am
Beanpole wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:18 am
Could be my old mate. He was supposed to be on that trip to the Maldives but had to pullout because he just had heart surgery.
Is that your foot in the picture Jimbo?
Its not him either,.

And David Parkes isn't on "that" trip, he was staying at a resort.
:-D-: Yuke does read my posts.
Well, if you paid attention rather than talking all the time, you'd have noticed that I said I'd unlock you from invisibility on this auspicious occasion ... so in essence you are on parole.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 37040
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:12 pm

Bean parole.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8642
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by swvic » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:17 pm

:lol:
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Yuke Hunt
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:19 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:12 pm
Bean parole.
:-D-:

Or weakend detection, sorry, detention.

Hoping the US drip delivers ... sorry, trip delivers.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable
Posts: 56457
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:16 am

Gee, guess I should start paying attention to Yukes posts.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Yuke Hunt
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:19 am

Beanpole wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:16 am
Gee, guess I should start paying attention to Yukes posts.
Just paying attention in general would be a start.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable
Posts: 56457
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:25 pm

On reflection, nah, I shouldn’t pay any attention to Yuke.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

ohHEY
newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:57 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by ohHEY » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Anyone surfed a Monad from Josh Keogh? How does it go?

User avatar
Mr Puffy Pants
Duke Status
Posts: 18889
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Mr Puffy Pants » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:48 pm

I feel like Jordy doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's big and sometimes looks slow. Like here he looks slow but these turns are burly

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiAm1G-oGt-/

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21024
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by alakaboo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:15 am

Met a couple from Lemoore today at a wine tasting.

They're about as far from being surfers as you can get but they said the surf ranch has been great for the community and the local economy.
steve shearer wrote:My gender identity is Flying Fish and my pronouns are : whee, whoo

User avatar
Thud
Duke Status
Posts: 11520
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:23 am

Mr Puffy Pants wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:48 pm
I feel like Jordy doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's big and sometimes looks slow. Like here he looks slow but these turns are burly

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiAm1G-oGt-/
Power surfing > Brazil
I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things.

Dave Allan

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 37040
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:11 am

alakaboo wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:15 am
Met a couple from Lemoore today at a wine tasting.

They're about as far from being surfers as you can get but they said the surf ranch has been great for the community and the local economy.
No doubt, all those tech bros and company guys with tons of disposable and nowhere else to spend it.

I bet the effect at any inland Aus venue would be similar- probably even more pronounced.

It's just the set-up and running costs would be so prohibitive. Water and electricity being the most scarce and valuable commodities in Aus.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Yuke Hunt
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:15 am

steve shearer wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:11 am
alakaboo wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:15 am
Met a couple from Lemoore today at a wine tasting.

They're about as far from being surfers as you can get but they said the surf ranch has been great for the community and the local economy.
No doubt, all those tech bros and company guys with tons of disposable and nowhere else to spend it.

I bet the effect at any inland Aus venue would be similar- probably even more pronounced.

It's just the set-up and running costs would be so prohibitive. Water and electricity being the most scarce and valuable commodities in Aus.
Surfers are real keen to see Surf Lakes in Yeppoon being opened to the public.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21024
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by alakaboo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:39 am

It was an interesting exchange, they didn't know much about surfing but they'd been to a few of the events and said it was a great show.

They were flabbergasted by people renting the place out for $10k per day, but just got back from a trip to St Andrews to watch the golf. I asked them if they played a round and they said they couldn't get a tee time.

They said 'the industry guys hate it, but the surfers love it'
I asked them what they meant and they said
'the magazine writers. Have you heard of Beachgrit?'
steve shearer wrote:My gender identity is Flying Fish and my pronouns are : whee, whoo

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests