Andy Irons Dies

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Little
regular

Re: Andy Irons Dies

Post by Little » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 am

Who cares. Who in this forum knew the dude or even met him? There's heaps more people in the world more worthy of getting upset over. So he could surf better than me (maybe), that's no reason to go join some stupid paddle out. I didn't go round shooting a gun in the air when those Australian soldiers were killed during battle, so I'm definitely not going to be bothered when a professional surfer dies from misadventure.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:42 pm

loofy wrote:
brendo wrote:i saw the snapper paddle out on coastalwatch. one thing i did notice. parko, occy, luke in the middle. occy wearing billabong boardies, occy bb boardies with long sleeve bb vest, luke a bb steamer. shameless advertising or what?
What do you expect them to wear?? not going to wear a rivals gear or cover up the brandname are they...
nearly everyone was wearing boardies. yet occ wears a long sleeve vest, luke a steamer. why? its farkin 21 deg plus water on goldie. :idea: shameless marketing? showing off the bb range? i think so.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:21 pm

got agree brendo :cry:

i usedtoo buy billwrong too

cause i knew where the seconds factory is on the goldy

on the way pattons butchers :P

anyways...lets respect the man not the logos :idea: :arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCy2QfPAhFU

10 point ride @ pipe..... 8)
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 pm

brendo wrote:
loofy wrote:
brendo wrote:i saw the snapper paddle out on coastalwatch. one thing i did notice. parko, occy, luke in the middle. occy wearing billabong boardies, occy bb boardies with long sleeve bb vest, luke a bb steamer. shameless advertising or what?
What do you expect them to wear?? not going to wear a rivals gear or cover up the brandname are they...
nearly everyone was wearing boardies. yet occ wears a long sleeve vest, luke a steamer. why? its farkin 21 deg plus water on goldie. :idea: shameless marketing? showing off the bb range? i think so.
Farewell celebrations,
after effect.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 pm

brendo wrote:
loofy wrote:
How fcuking ignorant can one man be …

Answer …

Read Brendo's posts.

Bla … de … bla … bla … bla bla … Occy wore a long sleeve vest … Big Louie was in a suit.

That is not shameless marketing … its two good mates of someone who has passed away showing respect. What they wore was irrelevant … yes they are all sponsored by the same satanic beast … so all their apparel will have the same fcuking logo … anything those retired pro's donned on the day would have had a bong on it … 4 fucs sake … wake up … move on.

Maybe the wetsuit was a message directed to his recently deceased friend … one does wear a suit at times like this ... a suit at a funeral ... think outside the square … box head.

And as for the court jester wearing a long sleeved vest … a long sleeved vest is very common on the Goldie … all year round … forget about the court jester and his vest ... your village called and they want their idiot back.

And the winner of the ... Realsurf glass half full half arsed ignorant opinions of tall dead poppies syndrome award … goes to … opening the envelope … pause … goes to Brendo … slow clap and a boo.
Little wrote:Who cares. Who in this forum knew the dude or even met him? There's heaps more people in the world more worthy of getting upset over. So he could surf better than me (maybe), that's no reason to go join some stupid paddle out. I didn't go round shooting a gun in the air when those Australian soldiers were killed during battle, so I'm definitely not going to be bothered when a professional surfer dies from misadventure.
Well Writ Widdle ... except for the maybe bit ... yep ... well writ except for the maybe ... Fong will probably disagree ... but thats alright we can't underwear a shirt he sows.

What happened to AI is very sad ... his mates and competitors had a paddle out to honour or celebrate his passing ... or his life ... the jury is still out ... thats understandable ... but I'm not sure why complete strangers held similar functions in strange places ... its a bit creepy really ... stalkerish and obsessive ... Lady Di would you please come to the courtesy phone ... we have a new arrival that needs this phenomenon explained.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:35 pm

This is gonna open up a whole can of worms....

http://outsideonline.com/adventure/trav ... 52739.html
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Fcuk all that. Andy like all other humans have weaknesses and I for one wont be focussing on the results of some toxicology test as a summation of his life. Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but this link gives the best tribute I have seen to Andy. Once you click on the link scroll down to the Andy Irons Tribute Clip. Youre a true hard cnut if you can watch Lyndie put his ashes in the sea , 8 months pregnant, with Bruce and Andies parent looking on and not get a lump in your throat. Such a fcuking tradgedy.

http://www.coastalwatch.com/gallery/galleryMovies.aspx

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Doesn't really matter but I think the tribute on the ASL site was nicer, music etc was more appropriate...

http://surfinglife.com.au/news/asl-news ... -forgotten

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Wingnut wrote:Doesn't really matter but I think the tribute on the ASL site was nicer, music etc was more appropriate...

http://surfinglife.com.au/news/asl-news ... -forgotten
:oops:

it's a battle of the better tributes now is it :roll:

our paddle out was bigger than your paddle out

ffs....let him go

:idea:

and as far this brad hodad from surfing mag who is the base the australian article quoted by jimbob above

well his another quote his :arrow:

Who falls under the broad category of paddler?

If you are doing "it" whatever your "it" is, in either new or old ways, you are a "paddler." You don't have to be a paddle boarder per se, you can be a free diver or stand up paddler or a kayaker, but the overriding concept is that you, as an individual, are heading out on the water to experience an adventure or get some exercise - and that is what Paddleboord.com is all about.

end quote

in none seppo speak...if he/ "ït" :roll: can make a buck out selling surfin too u he will, anyway he can

guys a fu.ckem wanker...like most surf mag men
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Fong I have just spent the last hour translating your post into English..

And the two things I've got to say is that my mate Fred Pawle hates the machine and thats why he wrote the Sarge article and the AI one as well..

Whether you like it or not the likes of Fred (who actually surfs quite well and doesn't ride a "performance 6'8" fish :roll: :roll: :roll: ) are actually raising points that the likes of ASL or Tracks never will because they are shit scared of losing ad $$$$.....

The other thing as well is that Fred is much maligned by the surf industry because he has asked questions that the machine doesnt like....

You know why? Because he makes his living out of editing the Australian online and doesnt give a toss what the big wigs think of him in the retarded surf industry..

Also the only surf writer ever nominated for a Walkley.............................
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:Fong I have just spent the last hour translating your post into English..

i've had tea, wash up and put kids bed...had a couple beers and a root

my time managements better than yours...nah, nah :lol:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:Fong I have just spent the last hour translating your post into English..
Hmmm.
Methinks you should go back to school.
Your powers of interpretation need some work. :oops:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trilobite

Post by Trilobite » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:42 am

Quite an interesting perspective piece on the concept and ethics of surf journalism as a whole...

Have a gander:

http://www.theinertia.com/business-medi ... the-dream/

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:14 pm

^^^ Said piece links to another even more interesting one where the writer (who may or may not be the editor of Surfing mag) states:

"We’re not journalists."

http://www.surfingmagazine.com/blogs/bu ... cowardice/

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:30 pm

That has to be the lamest, limp-ckoked piece of writing ever construed by a human being outside the stool pigeons who wrote for the Soviets.

His equation of journalism with gossip rags gives a clear indication of the tenor of his thinking.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 pm

I thought the Inertia piece was pretty good.. Except for the fact that he didn't approach any of the publishers and ask them why they are so timid. It’s one thing to describe a rotten situation, it’s another to ask the perpetrators to explain their actions...
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:04 pm

"So here’s the juicy, unvarnished truth: We’re not journalists. We don’t really chase leads or hound sources. We don’t chain smoke and flask-nip into the wee hours for no pay, just the satisfaction of spitting on the graves of our heroes. Sorry. Bookmark TMZ for your gossip fix — “you and every housewife in America,” to paraphrase Melekian’s well-researched article.

SURFING’s stated purpose is to tell stories and celebrate the culture. We try to entertain; we try to inspire fellow surfers and get you to feel all surfy inside. The magazine isn’t a PSA or a tabloid, no matter how much short-term buzz we’d glean by behaving like the latter. Them’s my two cents anyway.

Don’t do drugs. —Stuart Cornuelle"

end quote

what i find amazing is he writes this like it's news :shock: everybodys known for a long time surf writters aren't journalists...they are far more like promotors, there job is sell tickets, and boardshorts and tight t-shirts

and i don't see anything wrong with that so long those will admit it

good see the surf media still turning out copy over andys death,,keeps them off the streets, even if it's now all about them ,,,gives me something read in between the endless ad's

:roll:

p.s i better spell it out too, this isn't a shot at u shearer...your island stuff was a obvious step out side the circle jerk

p.p.s so fred rips on a kelly shortboard jimbob 8) ...massive respect, for him and the twenty other million who surf just like him :roll:
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.