Your surf rig...pics

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

puurri
Owl status

Re: Your surf rig...pics

Post by puurri » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 pm

mine

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:31 pm

puurri wrote: mine
noice

might wanna put some rope around the boot, but.

and the back bumper, been pulling some wheelstands :shock:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 pm

daryl wrote:
puurri wrote: mine
noice

might wanna put some rope around the boot, but.

and the back bumper, been pulling some wheelstands :shock:
We have a winner. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 pm

puurri wrote:mine

??? I see nuthing....

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:13 pm

pridmore wrote:yeah, I got one almost exactly the same....got the 64 and the 2004 holden wagons.....I reckon the should re-release the EH myself, just the flash new 2010 model.... 8)
Ithought of that as well. I used to always want an EH. They should bring out a retro version. Modern mechanics and safety factors but with the old look. I would also be happy with an HQ wagon :D
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Plane.jpg
Parked out side my front door
Not mine but can leave with a neighbour to a nearby island for a camping weekend :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:46 pm

pridmore wrote:

??? I see nuthing....
I stuffed up. try Country Buggy for an idea. Iggy seen it.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:07 pm

puurri wrote:
pridmore wrote:

??? I see nuthing....
I stuffed up. try Country Buggy for an idea. Iggy seen it.
Volks History - Original Country Buggy Test Drive Film (1968)

it's this one, Puurri gave me a lift in it after the last BraBQ from Maroubra to Redfern, once again a VW has pricked up my ears to I think it's a fairly low range drivetrain, it goes like the clappers and has a whopping lot of power in a light offroad vehicle

Slammed Australian Country Buggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6b8zL7E ... re=related
tox's country buggy

CountryBuggy1 same, same aussie vw thing buggy something @ volksworld show 09
Low Life #3 - Keen for a Root? (Draggin)

Anyone else have vw in their bkg, :?: my big bro had a split window bug, and my twin sis had a passion for bugs. No kombi experiences TG

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Never had a Kombi, but the 48/215 (FX) gave way to this. :shock:
And can you pick where the photo was taken? 8)
ps. my mate is pointing to the heavy cloud cover telling me there's not enough light for a photo. :wink:
Trev's Photos for VCD @ 160 (Small).jpg
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:12 pm

That Crescent Head Trev?

I've got a few dakkies in my back catalogue. Started with a pretty slick Kombi:

Ended with a buckled one:

Dropped the engine from that into a bug. Looked after it for a while. Here's me giving it the annual wash:

Took it to the desert, you can see the nose of it poking into the photo here:

On the way home from that trip the alternator (solenoid?) buckled near Port Augusta. Road service gave me a tow to get it spinning again and told me don't switch the engine off till you get to Sydney. Had to pour petrol in with the engine running and drive home in one hit.

Here's another favourite: HT Panno. Excellent surf-mobile if petrol money isn't a concern:

Crashed the panno on that trip. I wasn't driving.

Here's a time I was driving. Being a dickhead in my first car on the road to Pigeon House Mountain. Mates thought it was a hoot:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 pm

2nd Reef wrote:That Crescent Head Trev?
Now, here's the rub.
My memory is that it was the car park at The Pass. However, we were at Crescent head on that trip also.
And I can see why you suggested that.
However this was in 1967 and when we went to Crescent it was bright sunshine and the surf was double to triple overhead from a cyclone moving east from the NSW - Qld border. One of the best surfs I have ever had in my life.
On the way home we called into Byron and it was raining, hence oldmate suggesting there wasn't enough light.
But, hey, it WAS 42 years ago. :oops:
Beanpole

Skipper

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Trev, I'm not going to call you on triple overhead at Crescent but time does colour things.
I've said similar things about Angourie the first time I saw it but everywhere else we went was about 3' to 5'. In retrospect I'd probably call it a solid 6' but hey when your young its all a huge adventure.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:51 am

Beanpole wrote:Trev, I'm not going to call you on triple overhead at Crescent but time does colour things.
I've said similar things about Angourie the first time I saw it but everywhere else we went was about 3' to 5'. In retrospect I'd probably call it a solid 6' but hey when your young its all a huge adventure.
Beanpole, you're right, time does weird things to our memories but you see, I grew up and learned to surf at Kirra in the famous barrels, pre any groynes. It was larger than anything I'd surfed in several years at Kirra and Snapper. In those days I was surfing 6 - 8 ft Kirra without a second thought.
Crescent that day was 10' to 12 ' but the tide must have been in because it was nowhere near as hollow as Kirra.
Nowadays, 6' stops me. :oops:
Re Angourie, I first surfed it in 1968 on my honeymoon. Midweek, 4-6' and all alone for about 3 hours. Then back to the motel and ....well, you know - what a great day THAT was.
Beanpole

Skipper

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 am

TrevG wrote: Re Angourie, I first surfed it in 1968 on my honeymoon. Midweek, 4-6' and all alone for about 3 hours. Then back to the motel and ....well, you know - what a great day THAT was.
Fell asleep and dreamt about IT ????? :roll:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:11 pm

lessormore wrote:
TrevG wrote: Re Angourie, I first surfed it in 1968 on my honeymoon. Midweek, 4-6' and all alone for about 3 hours. Then back to the motel and ....well, you know - what a great day THAT was.
Fell asleep and dreamt about IT ????? :roll:
:lol: :lol:
Believe me she wouldn't have let me go to sleep. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey Trev, I did that the other day too....and it wasnt my honeymoon, and the waves were only 3-4ft and there was actually 15 guys out and actually only surfed for an hour and a half and the missus turned me down, so I guess it was nuthing like it...but hey it was Anga's...or not too far from there,,,...I think.... :roll:

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 pm

BRT 1.jpg
Big Red Truck
This is the deep south coast bush track to surf beast also great around the farm, family space and tray for the other stuff, and you can sleep in a swag in the back.
Doing a trip in October via Central coast and old haunts to Crescent for some sixtieths and to visit son at CH.
If you see me passing and you want to say hi please do RSers welcome :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?